T6 External View Sounds very quiet

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
GregH
Airman Basic

T6 External View Sounds very quiet

Post by GregH »

The VC sounds are fine and quite realistic but when switching to external views, without adjusting the sound volume, the engine sound seems to be rather muted. Nothing like the real (noisy) thing. The T6 has a very distinct and loud engine/prop that you can identify from a mile away. Do I need to make some adjustments to my in-sim (P3Dv3.2) settings to replicate this perhaps, or has this just the way it has been programmed? My sound sliders are all set to default.

Thanks!

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: T6 External View Sounds very quiet

Post by Scott - A2A »

It seems quiet because the internal engine sounds are loud by comparison. The external engine sounds are at max volume.

If you open the CONTROLS menu (SHIFT-3) and turn down the Accu-Sim sound slider, then turn up your computer volume, they will be more balanced. This lack of being able to get good volume out of the external sounds has always been a problem in FSX. To make sounds appear loud, you have to ruin the sound with harsh EQ settings.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Tim-HH
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tim-HH »

I first noticed this problem with the C182. Since then every A2A release had a very quite exterior sound - at least on my setup.

What I do not fully understand is that previous releases like the P-51D, C172 or PA-28 have a very loud and pronounced exterior sound. So something must have changed.

Greetings
Tim
Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

mgr
Staff Sergeant

Post by mgr »

Hiya,

Have a bit the same experience, compared to the averages sounds of FSX aircraft, freeware and payware (and even default sounds of windows) the A2A aircraft are quiet.

Could it be that with some update the sound is lowered for all Accusim aircraft? (Note i run the A2A sounds slider on 100%).

Regards,

Marcel

PS
I've accusim, PA-24/28, Spitfire and T-6.

Tim-HH
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tim-HH »

Scott - A2A wrote:If you open the CONTROLS menu (SHIFT-3) and turn down the Accu-Sim sound slider, then turn up your computer volume, they will be more balanced.
I made some tests and setting the Accu-Sim sound slider to somewhere around 70% increases the exterior sound volume significantly. Great! Thanks, Scott :)

Greetings
Tim
Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”