Rear canopy opening

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Welsch
Staff Sergeant

Re: Rear canopy opening

Post by Welsch »

Ok, after some more research and straining of the old noggin, I am now almost convinced this could be an old bug we had already encountered (and subsequently fixed) with the C172 back in the day. It was apparently based on slightly different door handling for FSX SP2 users (like myself).

I found an old thread (there are probably more) describing the problem: http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 08&t=35682

And more importantly, I found the corresponding update note: "- Fix to right door for SP2 users"
(It's in the "Misc" section under the heading "Prior C172 Trainer Individual Updates (up to v.1.03) Included" of the Accusim updater thread: http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23#p310847 ).

Can maybe those who also encounter the problem (rear clickspot operates front canopy) confirm they are also using SP2 on FSX?

joediamond
Airman First Class

Post by joediamond »

I can also confirm the click spot in the rear cockpit causes the front canopy to open and close. Using the Shift-E 2 key command properly opens or closes the rear canopy. This is using FSX SP2.

JoeS475
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JoeS475 »

Very interesting. I'm using Windows 7 and FSX Acceleration and for me shift-e then 2 still only moves the front canopy. But the clickspot in the rear works fine... Fwiw

Joe
Joe

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

JoeS475 wrote:Very interesting. I'm using Windows 7 and FSX Acceleration and for me shift-e then 2 still only moves the front canopy. But the clickspot in the rear works fine... Fwiw

Joe
Exactly the same for me as said before :wink:
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Shadow95
Airman

Post by Shadow95 »

I have noticed the rear canopy DOES open with the handle as expected from the rear seat. But, when in the OUTSIDE view, Shift+E+2 will NOT open the rear canopy, but, instead opens the front canopy.

Also, I do NOT have any sound when in "virtual cockpit" view. Only when in outside view. :cry:

The latest update was installed 04/05/16.
Any help will be deeply appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Shadow95

B-17, P-51, Cessna 182, Piper Comanche, T-6 Texan

Stofvel
Airman

Post by Stofvel »

Ditto with FSX (SP2) and Windows 7 - the click spot in the rear cockpit causes the front canopy to open and close. Using Shift+E then 2 opens or closes the rear canopy.

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

Joe ,I am using acceleration and windows 7 and it works fine for me.

Cheers Chris

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Shadow95 wrote: Also, I do NOT have any sound when in "virtual cockpit" view. Only when in outside view. :cry:

The latest update was installed 04/05/16.
Any help will be deeply appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Two things you could check. Firstly make sure the "volume" slider in the shift+3 menu is not at 0. Secondly you could run the simconnect files to make sure simconnect works correct. Check this thread where another community member had the same problem for more detailed information.

Happy flying
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Smilin Jack
Airman

Post by Smilin Jack »

I am also experiencing the front cockpit opening when using the rear canopy click spot.
Shift E+2 does open the rear canopy.
And to add a bit more detail to the issue, when using the rear canopy click spot, the front canopy either opens fully, or closes fully. There is no intermediate stop when opening as there is if using the front canopy click spot.

Win 7 64 bit
P3D v3
4-7-16 update.

Thanks!
Jack

Lufthansa 380
Staff Sergeant

Post by Lufthansa 380 »

Same here - clicksot for the rear canopy does not work. And I wasn't able to open or close it with shift+e+2 either. Using FSX SP2.

simonflight
Airman First Class

Post by simonflight »

Just wondering if there was any further comment from A2A on this one.

It looks like there are enough users having issues. My personal one was shift E+2 not opening the rear canopy.

Perhaps the canopy opening functions could be added to the Shift+3 menu like your other aircraft ?

Best Regards
Simon

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

Hi guys, we will fix the click spot issue at the rear cockpit soon.
We don't support the keyboard shortcuts for the secondary doors (shift+e & #). When you press shift+e, FSX awaits for a while for an event (the number) but in an advanced plane like this, there are many events flying around, not necessary "numbers" and they jump in where the awaited number supposed to be. The door gets the event, it's not the door number, ignores it and acts like primary "shift+e" door.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

simonflight
Airman First Class

Post by simonflight »

Hi Rob,
Hi guys, we will fix the click spot issue at the rear cockpit soon.
Thanks for the update and great news.

Any chance this can be added to the shift 3 menu so the rear canopy can be opened from the external view without having to enter the aircraft ?

Thanks again
Simon

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

Sure Simon. Already done.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

That's great.

Thank you ROB

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”