Rear canopy opening

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Welsch
Staff Sergeant

Rear canopy opening

Post by Welsch »

Hi guys,
I did hop into the rear cockpit yesterday and tried to open the rear canopy. But when I clicked on the (rear) canopy handle, it operated the front canopy instead.
Using Shift+E-2 did correctly open and close the rear canopy though, so the animation is there.

Anybody else notice that?

lonewulf47
A2A Chief Pilot

Re: Rear canopy opening

Post by lonewulf47 »

Welsch wrote:Hi guys,
I did hop into the rear cockpit yesterday and tried to open the rear canopy. But when I clicked on the (rear) canopy handle, it operated the front canopy instead.
Using Shift+E-2 did correctly open and close the rear canopy though, so the animation is there.

Anybody else notice that?
Nope. Sorry, unable to reproduce. My rear canopy opens normally upon clicking the respective lever.
Oskar

ASUS MAXIMUS XI Hero, i9-9900K 8 Core OC 5.2 GHz, WIN10-64Bit, 32GB DDR5, Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti Strix, 2x 2 TB SSD M.2, 1x 2 TB SSD, 1 monitor 4k, AS4, EFB on remote PC

Flieger-Marius
Technical Sergeant

Post by Flieger-Marius »

Got the same problem but I'm not even able to open it via Shift+E+2
Greets, Marius

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

When I use the click spot, the front opens, I didn't think of shift+E+2. I'll try that later
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Mine works fine with the click spot. But I can't open or close it with shift+E+2. That just operates the front canopy.

FSX Acceleration.
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

simonflight
Airman First Class

Post by simonflight »

Hi Guys,

Same here. Click spot works from inside but Shift+E-2 doesn't.

Using FSX Acceleration.

Best Regards
Simon

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Are you guys pressing shift + e and then 2 or trying to press them all at once?
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Moach
Airman First Class

Post by Moach »

this sound like more of a FSX setup issue than anything really -- I, on the other hand of this, had not even realized there was a rear click spot (d'oh, of course there'd be - says he in retrospect) and I was using shift+e+2 and it pretty much always* works

*always, of course, I mean - by FSX tap-and-type selection standards, which really is closer to "more often than not"

fact - doors will always interrupt you (somewhat rudely) and stay shut when parked within range of a fuel pump (those beastly airport traps that insist your tanks should be loaded for "ballast")

also - if you try and operate two doors at the same time, chances are - the inputs will comfustiblobulate across themselves - and only one door (seemingly chosen at random) will actually operate...

this is most evident when multiple doors are manipulated in a very long sequence, with as many (or exceeding) such absurd numbers as... two -- of course, the system overloads and the resulting operation is undefined...

that's FSX doors for ya

may I suggest (even if just for the sake of Scienceâ„¢) - try and assign the door open/close commands to exclusive (as in: "not shift+e") FSUIPC key bindings -- then see if they operate as they should

this mostly curious because my doors work as advertised/expected... so it hints at a very likely system/config related issue, rather than a bug proper...

dunno... mostly just thinking out loud - I'm hungry... waiting for food to arrive... I'll shut up now
To fly is to behold Men's ultimate mastery of the elements; Of eons dreamt, at last fulfilled;
Over cloud and top, the true realization of achievement voices out in wondrous awe:
"...Acknowledge my last transmission!", I think it says...

simonflight
Airman First Class

Post by simonflight »

Hi Guys,
Are you guys pressing shift + e and then 2 or trying to press them all at once?
Yes Lewis, Shift and e together then 2 immediately after.
may I suggest (even if just for the sake of Scienceâ„¢) - try and assign the door open/close commands to exclusive (as in: "not shift+e") FSUIPC key bindings -- then see if they operate as they should
I would like to Moach but I use the free non registered FSUIPC so don't have the bind key ability.

I have tried a few other aircraft from the hangar that have multiple doors and they work fine. But I'm open for it being a config issue, just not sure how to trouble shoot it.

Thanks for the interest.

Regards
Simon

G-BJPS
Master Sergeant

Post by G-BJPS »

Simon try re-assigning the doors opening Shift E, to just 'E' instead.
I had to change mine to that so I could operate all the doors on the MJC Dash 8.

My rear canopy opens fine with the clickspot.
It's worth a try!

John.
Cub. Cherokee. C182. Comanche 250. Spitfire. T-6. B-17. B377. Connie

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

For me it's not an issue: I'm using the clickspot in the rear cockpit. I was just stating that it's not working with sift+E+2.

And yes Lewis shift+E at the same time and the immediatly 2.

Thanks for the input guys
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

lonewulf47
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by lonewulf47 »

Still can't reproduce. Clickspots as well as SHIFT-E and SHIFT-E-2 works flawlessly on all my installs (5 in total)
Oskar

ASUS MAXIMUS XI Hero, i9-9900K 8 Core OC 5.2 GHz, WIN10-64Bit, 32GB DDR5, Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti Strix, 2x 2 TB SSD M.2, 1x 2 TB SSD, 1 monitor 4k, AS4, EFB on remote PC

simonflight
Airman First Class

Post by simonflight »

Hi Guys
Simon try re-assigning the doors opening Shift E, to just 'E' instead
Thanks for the suggestion John. Unfortunately this doesn't work either.

Thanks for the ideas all, I'll just keep using the internal clickspot.

Regards
Simon

MatzeH84
Staff Sergeant

Post by MatzeH84 »

I confirm.. internal rear clickspot opens and closes the front canopy. This is regardless of the installed canopy.
Shift+E operates the front, Shift+E - 2 operates the rear canopy.
FSX SP2 here.
Kind regards, Matthias

Welsch
Staff Sergeant

Post by Welsch »

I am not home at the moment, so I can't do any further testing right now. But I would like to add to my initial report that I run an FSX SP2 install and encountered my issue on the grey plane with the big red nose (and red spinner), with the following mods in the hangar:
- inertial starter
- small ad antenna and mast
- modified canopy
Once I get back to my PC, I'll look up all the other settings in Shift+3 that I changed from default.

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”