Rear canopy opening

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Artur
Staff Sergeant

Re: Rear canopy opening

Post by Artur »

After latest Accu-Sim update i have noticed that after closing front canopy i cannot open it ( i'm only using canopy lever in VC )
Aft canopy has no issues.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Artur wrote:After latest Accu-Sim update i have noticed that after closing front canopy i cannot open it ( i'm only using canopy lever in VC )
Aft canopy has no issues.
Does the canopy open if you use the FSX or P3D shortcut (shift+E in FSX if you haven't changed it) or if you open or close it through the shift+3 menu?
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Ok I just checked my installation. If the canopy is closed and I click the handle with left mouse button it works normally. However if the canopy is closed and I click it handle in the VC with the right mouse button (which is close I think) it seems like it gets stuck and won't move anymore. I then have to use either the shift+3 menu or shift+E to "free" the canopy.
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Artur
Staff Sergeant

Post by Artur »

when i use SHIFT+E canopy opens, but using VC lever not

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Artur,

If you check the previous page, A2A have already identified an issue and it sounds like a fix is forthcoming. :wink:

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Nick M wrote:Hi Artur,

If you check the previous page, A2A have already identified an issue and it sounds like a fix is forthcoming. :wink:
Hi Nick,

I think those are two different issues. The one you linked concerning the front canopy opening and losing when the clickspot of the rear canopy is activated. But the issue Artur posted is that the front canopy gets "stuck" when the wrong command is used on the lever in the VC.

Maybe a new thread would be in order to not confuse the two issues?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Piper_EEWL wrote:I think those are two different issues. The one you linked concerning the front canopy opening and losing when the clickspot of the rear canopy is activated. But the issue Artur posted is that the front canopy gets "stuck" when the wrong command is used on the lever in the VC.
Apologies - yes, sounds like an additional fix may be needed if the A2A guys didn't already catch this one. For what it's worth, I can also reproduce exactly the same behaviour you described above Sebastian.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

The fix coming should sort this out.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Nick M wrote:Apologies - yes, sounds like an additional fix may be needed if the A2A guys didn't already catch this one.
No worries Nick. I wasn't sure if I just repeated an issue after your post and had to check the post you linked :wink:
Lewis wrote:The fix coming should sort this out.
Thanks for the information Lewis!

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”