any chance of adding a walk around feature

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

any chance of adding a walk around feature

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I have flown the T-6 Texan twice now , first time no weather, second time with weather , and it flys nice , but the one thing i miss on this aircraft , is the walk round that you do on the C172/182/PA24 250 , even millitary pilots do a preflight walk around ,before they fly , any chance of adding this feature in a future update.
Regards alan. 8)

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: any chance of adding a walk around feature

Post by Scott - A2A »

i'm sorry Alan, but no chance :) The Warbirds and GA are different platforms. Maybe some day there will be a merger, but that day is likely far away. Instead of the walk around, we were able to do more, like complete dual cockpits, new engine physics, new ground physics, and the list goes on.

In reality, the walk around a Warbird pilot does isn't as deep, since usually the airplanes are closely maintained by a dedicated mechanic, and not usually shared all that much. Plus the Warbird is just a very overbuilt and robust machine compared to almost any GA. Additionally, in GA, it's critical to do a deeper walk around because the airplanes are many times flown by many people you don't know.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

spacejunkee
Staff Sergeant

Post by spacejunkee »

Scott - A2A wrote:i'm sorry Alan, but no chance :) The Warbirds and GA are different platforms. Maybe some day there will be a merger, but that day is likely far away. Instead of the walk around, we were able to do more, like complete dual cockpits, new engine physics, new ground physics, and the list goes on.

In reality, the walk around a Warbird pilot does isn't as deep, since usually the airplanes are closely maintained by a dedicated mechanic, and not usually shared all that much. Plus the Warbird is just a very overbuilt and robust machine compared to almost any GA. Additionally, in GA, it's critical to do a deeper walk around because the airplanes are many times flown by many people you don't know.

Scott.
Makes perfect sense Scott. Prior to reading your response, I was surprised that there wasn't a walk-around included but now I know why. I'd rather have all the extra stuff you mentioned anyways. Looks like A2A knows what they're doing. 8)
PC SPECS: Win 11 PRO | AOC 34" Ultra Wide Curved |
Intel 13700KF CPU | G.SKILL Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 6800 2x16GB 34-45-45-108 |
ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 4070 Ti OC | 2 x Samsung 980 PRO M.2 2TB Gen 4 X4

Corktip_14
Airman First Class

Post by Corktip_14 »

I'd say, it's the only thing I kinda miss with the T-6 right now. Maybe not a complete walk-around like with the Cessna's and Piper's, but a simplified one would be great. I think what we "miss" here is removing the chocks, the pitot cover, maybe checking the fuel levels (as we always did it with the SNJ, because the fuel gauges were not that reliable), and pulling the propeller.

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”