Engine cut out on negative G.. and smoke issue

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Engine cut out on negative G.. and smoke issue

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I have downloaded and updated the aircraft , with the latest updater, my controls are through FSUIPC , did a low level pass over the boeing field, pulled up in a sharp climb , and did a sharp bank to port , engine cut out , would not restart , almost crashed but got gear down , with heavy landing.
Controls go through FSUIPC except the BRAKES , which are sent to FS via FSUIPC.
regards alan. 8)

MatzeH84
Staff Sergeant

Post by MatzeH84 »

Sorry to say, but it didn't fix the issue for me. Still no reaction to mixture (monitoring GPH) until the engine cuts out, and still have the negative-G problem.. engine is dead afterwards. :(
And still no backfiring, cough, booms, bangs..
Kind regards, Matthias

joers182
Senior Airman

Post by joers182 »

Gotta admit I'm still having the same issues too with the new update :(
Joe W

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

joers182 wrote:Gotta admit I'm still having the same issues too with the new update :(
Hello,

can you let us know which platform you are using and if you are using FSUIPC if your FSUIPC is all updated? And lastly if you stop using FSUIPC does the issue go away.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Max7777
Airman Basic

Post by Max7777 »

Hi,

I'm using FSUIPC with P3d v2. I have the same issue with the T-6. No problems with the other accusim aircrafts.

joers182
Senior Airman

Post by joers182 »

Hey Lewis,

I'm using P3D V3.2, FSUIPC version 4949h, and as for the final question I have not tested it without FSUIPC. I Will try it tomorrow without fsuipc and let you know on that one.

The problem seems very intermittent. The mixture will be working fine one minute and then it just goes back to how it was, You pull back the mixture and there is no change in the GPH in the shift2 menu. It just pulls back to the cut off point. But it has nothing to do with negative G's for me, it happens on the ground before I even take off.

One thing I have noticed is, when I load up the plane cold and dark and run through the checklists, I leave my physical throttle back, mixture back and prop back however when I go to move the mixture forward with the physical control the mixture lever in the cockpit jumps forward and then back to where it should be. Then the mixture lever in the cockpit follows exactly what I do with the physical mixture lever however it has no effect on the mixture if that makes sense.

Joe
Joe W

Max7777
Airman Basic

Post by Max7777 »

so i removed the FSUIPC addon from the dll file and configured the mixture axis through P3d control settings and i have still the same problem :(

regards max

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

And finally since so many are running P3D, are you making sure your default flight is with a default aircraft and then switching to the T-6. Directly loading into the complex simulation can cause issues and this is even more so the case the higher up the P3D version you go.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Welsch
Staff Sergeant

Post by Welsch »

I also encountered the unresponsive mixture (validated by checking fuel economy on Shift+2, did not try cut-out and restart) with the new update from today (March 29).

I noticed some very spiky behavior of the mixture lever movements (thanks to a worn out poti in my throttle quadrant) while flying, so I went and checked if fuel flow still changed with mixture lever movement, which it did not anymore. Reloading the plane in flight restored mixture functionality.

My system is FSX SP2, running FSUIPC paid version (also TrackIR and ASNext).

Moach
Airman First Class

Post by Moach »

alas, mixture is still unresponsive from rich to the point where it cuts the engine off (around 40% on most ground conditions)

I have yet to check the restart issue - but I suspect that might not have been fixed either, given the other reports...

edit:

on a brief test flight, the engine promptly quit at -G's and did not restart after leveling out (had to land on a field near the airport)...

we'll have to keep investigating
To fly is to behold Men's ultimate mastery of the elements; Of eons dreamt, at last fulfilled;
Over cloud and top, the true realization of achievement voices out in wondrous awe:
"...Acknowledge my last transmission!", I think it says...

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Lewis.
I Have just done a test in the texan with controls in FSX.
My setup is win 7 / FSX/ACCELERATION , FSUIPC is version 4939u
Loaded the texan immediatly on starting FSX/acceleration , ASN also loaded on getting in aircraft and starting the engine , i noticed the following.
1./ on turning on batt and nav lts , prior to starting eng , there was no clicking noise
on starting the engine i noticed the following.
1./ engine oil pressure immediatly went into the green band
2./ engine seemed to warm up more quickly
3./ bangs and coughing from eng if to rapid on throttle (which you would expect)
Taxiied to active runway , took off and gained some hight , then started some aerobatics , aircraft performed as expected , no cut out of engine , i did loops snap rolls and not once did i have any problems with the engine , except due to rapid changes in throttle which gave coughing and back fires but engine always recovered.
When controls under FSUIPC i have noticed the other day , that the following happened.
1./ on select batt on and nav sw on i got a clicking noise , like a relay rapidly changing from on to off
2./ Oil pressure was slow to come into green band
3./ eng took longer to warm up

UPDATE:-
Just done a flight with controls in FSUIPC.
Engine cuts out on loops or aerobatic manouvers , also no backfires coughing of engine during rapid throttle changes , and fuel lever at the time was full fwd.
Until a fix can be found for FSUIPC control settings i will keep the texan on FSX controls.
Regards alan. 8)

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Lewis.
Just tried loading the default trike , then changed to texan , with controls in FSUIPC , same results as going direct into texan under FSUIPC controls , it made no difference at all .
Regards alan. 8)

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Alan,

Check PM.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Scott.
I have pm`d you regards testing the texan , and the results i got.
regards alan. 8)

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

Thanks guys, the latest update fixes the 0g and mixture issues for me.

Cheers
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”