T6 flashing in VC

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
kroswynd
Airman

Re: T6 flashing in VC

Post by kroswynd »

Ok so day three of owning the Texan - I too now have the flashing syndrome experienced by several in the flight deck. However i hjave noticed on my end that the flashing seems to occur only when the engines are running. Upon shutting down the aircraft the flashing stops - but still leaves remnants of the flashing artifacts. I have moved all my P3D v3.2 sliders to the left and the results are the same. I did notice mention of the the custom lights, which I still do have enabled.

I am using a 980 Ti video card with updated drivers.

Hopes this provides some additional insight.

Cheers
Best regards,

Simeon (Kroswynd)
SimTography

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

kroswynd wrote:Ok so day three of owning the Texan - I too now have the flashing syndrome experienced by several in the flight deck. However i hjave noticed on my end that the flashing seems to occur only when the engines are running. Upon shutting down the aircraft the flashing stops - but still leaves remnants of the flashing artifacts. I have moved all my P3D v3.2 sliders to the left and the results are the same. I did notice mention of the the custom lights, which I still do have enabled.

Cheers
Hello, thanks for the report. Can you let us know what happens when you disbale the 3d light effects.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Chunk
Technical Sergeant

Post by Chunk »

I'll try to do a flight tonight with the lights off, Lewis. Thanks for looking into this.

kroswynd
Airman

Post by kroswynd »

Lewis - A2A wrote:
kroswynd wrote:Ok so day three of owning the Texan - I too now have the flashing syndrome experienced by several in the flight deck. However i hjave noticed on my end that the flashing seems to occur only when the engines are running. Upon shutting down the aircraft the flashing stops - but still leaves remnants of the flashing artifacts. I have moved all my P3D v3.2 sliders to the left and the results are the same. I did notice mention of the the custom lights, which I still do have enabled.

Cheers
Hello, thanks for the report. Can you let us know what happens when you disbale the 3d light effects.

thanks,
Lewis
I can confirm that with custom lights selected off - the issue exists no more.
Best regards,

Simeon (Kroswynd)
SimTography

sdflyer
Senior Airman

Post by sdflyer »

Confirmed,custom lights off - no flashing issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pidder
Airman

Post by Pidder »

+1

Custom lights off --> no flashing. But need to restart P3D v3.2 after changing this setting.
Always three greens,
Markus
...visit Flusi.info!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Pidder wrote:+1

Custom lights off --> no flashing. But need to restart P3D v3.2 after changing this setting.
Yes ideally the sim shouldn't be running when your running the aircraft config programs.

Thank you everyone for the confirmation on the lights we will look into what might be causing the issue for some users. If I can just ask one more thing, can you guys let us know what settings you are running in P3D, sometimes these can have a great impact, esp with the new optional lighting options.

thanks,
Lewis

J Patrick
Airman Basic

Post by J Patrick »

I experienced it for the first time yesterday (total flying time 5 hours), I use the custom lights. I restarted P3Dv3.2 and no problem but I had a CTD after one hour in my flight. My graphic card is a GTX 970 with the latest drivers installed.

Pat

kroswynd
Airman

Post by kroswynd »

Lewis - A2A wrote:
Pidder wrote:+1

Yes ideally the sim shouldn't be running when your running the aircraft config programs.

Thank you everyone for the confirmation on the lights we will look into what might be causing the issue for some users. If I can just ask one more thing, can you guys let us know what settings you are running in P3D, sometimes these can have a great impact, esp with the new optional lighting options.

thanks,
Lewis
Attached are the settings that I use for A2A aircraft:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/29194188@ ... 6122792090
Best regards,

Simeon (Kroswynd)
SimTography

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Okie dokie we have a test case for those that want to try to give a go. Please PM me if you want to give the test a try.

thanks,
Lewis

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I Have custom lights selected on all my A2A aircraft , and have no flashing , as per the video , but i do get that effect , if i reselect the PMDG JS4100 to many times , this i was doing while refining the camera views , and when that flashing started i just shut down the sim and re booted it up .
I was lead to believe it is a fault , within FSX its self , and i think there is some thing in the PMDG help forums on avsim , over the issue .
Regards alan. 8)

kroswynd
Airman

Post by kroswynd »

Sure Lewis - I will give it a go for ya when I get back home form the office tomorrow morning
Best regards,

Simeon (Kroswynd)
SimTography

tanker49
Airman

Post by tanker49 »

Hi: I'm having the same problem. I have two Nvdia GTX 960's set up in SLI. I have no problems with other aircraft. I downloaded the latest Nvdia drivers, and did a clean install. The problem persists. No flashing on an outside view. Just in the VC. The problem seemed to grow over time. It started with a single slash of sky blue light out of the right hand window. I though a file might be corrupted, so I did a fresh install of the T-6. Problem solved for a short time, but then the flashing in the cockpit started. My problem is exactly the same as the video's posted before. I don't have a super-powerful PC, except for the video cards, but I haven't experienced this problem with any other planes. Mike Gutierrez, North Hollywood, California.

tanker49
Airman

Post by tanker49 »

Follow up with to last post. Problem went away when I switched from custom to default lights. Mike Gutierrez, North Hollywood, California

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”