T6 flashing in VC

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Re: T6 flashing in VC

Post by Molly - A2A »

I had the same effect appear in my T6 one time. Restarting the sim fixed it for me though. I also have a very high end PC with a GTX 980 Ti.

sdflyer
Senior Airman

Post by sdflyer »

Ok looks like I found solution.
Here are the steps:
1. Restart P3D
2. Load T-6 at default airport (P3D stock)
3. Load flight plan and move T-6 to depart location
4. Load desired time and weather

I tried twice. Loading this way flashes disappear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sdflyer
Senior Airman

Post by sdflyer »

lonewulf47 wrote:
sdflyer wrote:Also may be worth mentioning flashing disappear in external view and comes back in the cockpit view
How is your landing lights setting? Do you have Custom Lights selected in the Aircraft Configurator?
Yes I do have custom lights. And interesting enough my first several times flying T-6 I didn't have those flashes day or night

christopherbritton
Airman

Post by christopherbritton »

lonewulf47 wrote:It seems - as Lewis posted already - that you are running at the edge of your system's graphic capabilities. Adding the Custom Lights just adds some more, hence the difference. Don't forget that the required min. specs for P3D V3.2 are quite high e.g. min +4GB for a graphics card. it is however possible to run far below these specs, if you turn down the settings. On one of my test systems I personally run P3D V3.2 on an old NVIDIA 570 GTX with only 1 GB and do not encounter any problems as long as I do not use the Custom Lights or too high graphics settings.
I'm running a brand new 4gb GTX980. A little hard to believe that it may be running at the edge. Would be more believable if I was still running my 770. (Unless of course, for some reason the T-6 pushes this bound more than any of the other A2A aircraft)
Chris "Rotornut44"
Owner / Developer at Emerald Scenery Design.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

christopherbritton wrote:
lonewulf47 wrote:It seems - as Lewis posted already - that you are running at the edge of your system's graphic capabilities. Adding the Custom Lights just adds some more, hence the difference. Don't forget that the required min. specs for P3D V3.2 are quite high e.g. min +4GB for a graphics card. it is however possible to run far below these specs, if you turn down the settings. On one of my test systems I personally run P3D V3.2 on an old NVIDIA 570 GTX with only 1 GB and do not encounter any problems as long as I do not use the Custom Lights or too high graphics settings.
I'm running a brand new 4gb GTX980. A little hard to believe that it may be running at the edge. Would be more believable if I was still running my 770. (Unless of course, for some reason the T-6 pushes this bound more than any of the other A2A aircraft)
Are you drivers all updated and or changed recently?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

christopherbritton
Airman

Post by christopherbritton »

Lewis - A2A wrote: Are you drivers all updated and or changed recently?

thanks,
Lewis
As of yesterday, no. Prior to yesterday, yes. I currently have Nvidia driver v362.00 installed. (released 3/1/16) There is now an update, v364.72 (released yesterday - 3/28/16) I have not updated any drivers since the release of the T-6.
Chris "Rotornut44"
Owner / Developer at Emerald Scenery Design.

sdflyer
Senior Airman

Post by sdflyer »

I installed fresh nvidia drivers today and cockpit still flashing unless I used method described in my previous post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

When you encounter the graphics corruption, what happens if you open your settings and turn them down?

thanks,
Lewis

Chunk
Technical Sergeant

Post by Chunk »

I don't think it has anything to do with settings, Lewis. I get the flashes sporadically, and it only happens in the cockpit. I can go to an external view, and all is normal. Then I hop back in and it looks like a seizure waiting to happen. ;)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey Chunk, the view would matter as if its a an overload it could happen in one view only. Can people experiencing it please try lowering the settings and also confirm which views they encounter any issue and if its with or without the 3d style lights.

thanks,
Lewis

Chunk
Technical Sergeant

Post by Chunk »

OK. I have had it happen twice. The very first time I loaded the Texan, it was flashing. I restarted P3D, and it worked fine after that. The only other time I have had it happen, was when I looked down in the cockpit after I loaded a flight. I am using the custom lights.

Pidder
Airman

Post by Pidder »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Can people experiencing it please try lowering the settings and also confirm which views they encounter any issue and if its with or without the 3d style lights.
Lewis, the GPU is boaring itself running the T-6 at a Orbx airfield.
On the first shot the settings are high to extrem, on the second only very low as to be seen.
Click on the pics for a high resolution screenshot.

GPU Load, Used Memory and GPU Temp are realy low. But it is flickering in both cases.
No matter to set the landing lights to custom or default.
Only flickering in VC-view, ALL other view are working very vell.
Only flickering when something is moving (e.g. the sight or the propeller).
No flicker when engine is out.

This is defintifly NOT a GPU issue!

Edit: I did an uninstall an new installation of the T-6 yesterday. After that the flickering was gone.
Did a very nice flight for more than one hour this afternoon with no problems.
Than i restarted P3D v3.2 this evening for another flight: flickering has come back. Strange!!
Always three greens,
Markus
...visit Flusi.info!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Can people experiencing it please try lowering the settings and also confirm which views they encounter any issue and if its with or without the 3d style lights.

thanks,
Lewis

Chunk
Technical Sergeant

Post by Chunk »

The settings didn't change a thing for me either. Flashing on random flights. It's there as soon as the flight loads, or its not. It only happens in the VC view, and it's with the custom 3D lights ON.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Chunk wrote:The settings didn't change a thing for me either. Flashing on random flights. It's there as soon as the flight loads, or its not. It only happens in the VC view, and it's with the custom 3D lights ON.
Thanks for the confirmation Chunk. When you say its with 3d lights ON can I please ask you try 3D lights off for a bit and let us know if it occurs for you. Because only a couple of you are seeing this we need to really narrow it down as much as possible to find the offending file or model part or part of p3d itself that for whatever reason is not working on your systems.

thanks,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”