Disable Persistent Aircraft

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
warbirdguy101
Airman Basic

Disable Persistent Aircraft

Post by warbirdguy101 »

Hello,

I do not see anywhere in the manual or on this forum the discussion of disabling persistent aircraft.

Is there a way for the T-6 to be reset like any normal aircraft in the sim when you reset or load a new scenario?

Thanks, Sean

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Disable Persistent Aircraft

Post by Jacques »

You can mostly accomplish that by going into the maintenance hangar (shift + 7 on your keyboard) after every flight and selecting a “complete overhaul”. Then in the shift +3 panel select cold and dark before every flight. You will still need to go to the shift+4 - “payload and fuel manager panel” to top up fluids after or before every flight. Your airframe hours will still accumulate, but by doing the above you essentially have a new aircraft with “0” engine hours for every flight. There is a way to reset airframe hours, but having accomplished the above its kind of a useless exercise.

flapman
Staff Sergeant

Post by flapman »

You should also be able to disable the Accusim feature via the same Shift+3 menu. That should disable the persistence and wear features of the aircraft.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Yes, Flapman is right: the Damage On/Off selector in shift+3. I’ve never NOT had persistent aircraft (with A2A aircraft) :) so I’m not certain if that eliminates fuel usage, oil consumption, etc or if it just eliminates damage and wear over time. It certainly gets you closer to what you are trying to achieve!

warbirdguy101
Airman Basic

Post by warbirdguy101 »

Thanks everyone for the feedback,

I have tried the Shift+3 menu before and for some reason the "DAMAGE OFF" feature never saves.

I am fine with completely ripping out wherever the feature is in my files if I knew what to remove.

I have been experimenting with it for weeks and have not found any solution.

Ideas?

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

Just curious, did you do the update on the T6 ?

Keep smiling
Tug :)

warbirdguy101
Airman Basic

Post by warbirdguy101 »

Tug002 wrote: 24 Mar 2023, 07:46 Just curious, did you do the update on the T6 ?

Keep smiling
Tug :)
As in update to the latest version of the T-6 on Orbx?

A this time I have a crude work around using Air Manager, I wrote an "anti-crash" script.

If the sink rate is too high or attitude too steep while on ground it resets the aircraft.

warbirdguy101
Airman Basic

Post by warbirdguy101 »

Unfortunately I never found a solution to this problem.

Anyone have anything new?

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”