Unable to configure RealityXP GNS 430

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
SkyKingRP
Airman Basic

Unable to configure RealityXP GNS 430

Post by SkyKingRP »

I have had the RealityXP GNS 430 installed in my T-6 for years with no problems. I recently updated my RealityXP GNS to the latest version, 2.4.21.10. After doing this, when I load the A2A T-6 in P3Dv4, I noticed that the default GPS was now installed in my aircraft instead of the RealityXP GNS430. I tried to re-select it using the appropriate in-game menu, but the RealityXP GNS was no longer an option I could select.

I exited P3D and went to the A2A T-6 section of my Start Menu, and ensured I had the most recent update, which it said I did. I then went to the T-6 Aircraft Configurator and could not select the RealityXP GNS 430 in the menu, as it was greyed out. (Just as a test, I also went to the A2A C172 aircraft configurator, and all the Reality XP options were available there.)

If I try using the RealityXP Add-on menu in P3D, it replaces the pop-up GPS gauge only, but the default gauge is still in the virtual cockpit.

How can I get my GNS430 working again?

Thank you,

Rob

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Unable to configure RealityXP GNS 430

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Rob,

It sounds like you might have an old version of the T-6 installed if it doesn't include support for the RXP GNS 430 v2. New installers were released for the P3Dv4 product line in May 2018 which included this change.

Please can you go to the Windows list of installed programs ("apps & features" in Windows 10) and click the entry for the T-6, then let us know what version number, if any, it shows?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

SkyKingRP
Airman Basic

Post by SkyKingRP »

Hey Nick -

My T-6 installation shows version 21.1.31.0. I did install the new P3Dv4 installer some time ago...when I use the T-6 "Check for updates" function, it says that I am up to date.

Thanks,

Rob

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Rob,

That's indeed the most recent version of the T-6 for your platform. It sounds like an old version of the T-6 Aircraft Configurator may somehow be persisting on your system in spite of this. Please can you navigate to the folder "Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\A2A\T6\Tools" and check the date modified of the "T6 Aircraft Configurator.exe".

Please can you also take a look in "Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_T6_Texan\panel" and verify that the "panel_RXP_430.cfg" is present.

Just to check everything is working as intended, I just updated my own copy copy of the RXP GNS to 2.41.21, loaded it in the Aircraft Configurator and then launched the aircraft in the sim, all being okay.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

SkyKingRP
Airman Basic

Post by SkyKingRP »

Nick -

Thanks again for your reply - sorry for the delay in responding, but I've been away on vacation.

The date shown for my T6 Aircraft Configurator is 6/14/2017 - maybe that is an old version? The panel_RXP_430.cfg file is present in the "panel" folder, and is dated 2/27/2020.

Thanks!

Rob

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Rob,

No problem and yes, that's indeed an old version of the aircraft configurator. To be honest, a reinstall is probably the best bet and between uninstalling and reinstalling I'd recommend you manually remove these folders if they're still present.

Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\A2A\T6
Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_T6_Texan

If you've got any repaints installed, no need to bother removing the second folder and in this case, I'd also recommend you also make a back up of the aircraft.cfg file.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

SkyKingRP
Airman Basic

Post by SkyKingRP »

Nick -

That did it! The reinstall process was relatively painless, and my GNS430 is back up and running. Thanks for your help!

Rob

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Good to hear you're sorted now Rob and thanks for posting back with the update. The updater is usually pretty reliable, but in this case sounds like the file in question couldn't be written to for some reason.

All the best,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”