Tour of GB Leg 3 Part 2 is Up - Video

The world's most popular advanced trainer of WWII
new reply
Bruce66
Staff Sergeant

Tour of GB Leg 3 Part 2 is Up - Video

Post by Bruce66 »

This one takes us from Badminton to Cardiff with a little sight seeing on the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LuPPsQJQ70

Enjoy! :D
Gaming Computer

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X Six Core CPU
Gigabyte X570 GAMING X: ATX
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2400MHz
Nvidia GTX 1050Ti Windforce2 4GB GDDR5
Display: 27-Inch Curved LED Monitor

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Tour of GB Leg 3 Part 2 is Up - Video

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Lovely to see the adventure continue to be documented. And you can really see the progression too. Though I will admit, as a not first rate pilot myself, its brilliant to see all the effort and attempts in the video and not just the final edited perfect result. Lovely jubbly 8) 8)

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Bruce66
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bruce66 »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 07 Feb 2020, 05:22 Lovely to see the adventure continue to be documented. And you can really see the progression too. Though I will admit, as a not first rate pilot myself, its brilliant to see all the effort and attempts in the video and not just the final edited perfect result. Lovely jubbly 8) 8)

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
Cheers Lewis, I appreciate the support! :D

Just setting up a new computer at the moment and a cockpit to put it in....video of the new stuff coming soon!!!
Gaming Computer

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

Well done Bruce, always a pleasure to watch your videos...thanks for posting!! It's been an enjoyable tour and you should stop talking yourself into believing that you're not getting any better :wink:

You're getting better with every leg and your approach into Filton was dang near perfect! Just a random thought...are you keeping the airplane in trim during the approach? Just asking because it appears to me that you may be fighting it a bit during the actual flare. Regardless, keep on keeping on and I'm looking forward to the next adventure...there was hardly any drama in this one :mrgreen:
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

Bruce66
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bruce66 »

MkIV Hvd wrote: 08 Feb 2020, 12:28 Well done Bruce, always a pleasure to watch your videos...thanks for posting!! It's been an enjoyable tour and you should stop talking yourself into believing that you're not getting any better :wink:

You're getting better with every leg and your approach into Filton was dang near perfect! Just a random thought...are you keeping the airplane in trim during the approach? Just asking because it appears to me that you may be fighting it a bit during the actual flare. Regardless, keep on keeping on and I'm looking forward to the next adventure...there was hardly any drama in this one :mrgreen:
Cheers Rob!

You are right of course - I am improving. If you know any Mennonites (which living in Calgary I bet you do) you probably are familiar with the self deprecating trait - I was born and raised a Mennonite - I escaped!

Trim - that is something that has yet to become second nature to me. I would like to get trim wheels in my virtual cockpit so I can feel where the trim is at instead of having to look or guess. I noticed in my one and only real life flight I could feel in the seat of the pants (at least before we did three consecutive barrel rolls and my equilibrium went on holiday in the Maldives) when the plane was being trimmed by the pilot.

Anyway, it is all just practice. With my new cockpit and computer coming online soon I hope to get more quality time in the plane and be a bit more serious about it.

PS: If you need more drama I can always post another one of my little party flights! They are fun for me at any rate - and always good for the adrenalin! :mrgreen:
Gaming Computer

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

Bruce66 wrote: 08 Feb 2020, 17:01 Cheers Rob!

You are right of course - I am improving. If you know any Mennonites (which living in Calgary I bet you do) you probably are familiar with the self deprecating trait - I was born and raised a Mennonite - I escaped!

Trim - that is something that has yet to become second nature to me. I would like to get trim wheels in my virtual cockpit so I can feel where the trim is at instead of having to look or guess. I noticed in my one and only real life flight I could feel in the seat of the pants (at least before we did three consecutive barrel rolls and my equilibrium went on holiday in the Maldives) when the plane was being trimmed by the pilot.

Anyway, it is all just practice. With my new cockpit and computer coming online soon I hope to get more quality time in the plane and be a bit more serious about it.

PS: If you need more drama I can always post another one of my little party flights! They are fun for me at any rate - and always good for the adrenalin! :mrgreen:
Hahaha well I do know a few but didn't know that was a thing...it does fit and lucky you :wink:

Ahhh, but here's the thing...the only time you ever look at your trim wheel is when setting it for takeoff. Trim is a feel thing, not a visual thing, so it's used to take the pressure off and balance the controls. When you're climbing and having to hold pressure on the controls to maintain the speed and rate, use the trim to make the airplane feel "trimmed" so it will basically maintain its course hands off. Same thing on descent and through the landing phase...if it's "trimmed" for 80 knots with gear and flaps down, it's much easier to transition to the flare. You'll find that you're constantly trimming through any speed or configuration changes...without looking at the wheel or having a clue it wheel actually is :wink:

Like you said, it's just practice...off you go now!! Get to work on the cockpit and computer setup :mrgreen:
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan"”