VIDEO : A Texan in the Alps

The world's most popular advanced trainer of WWII
Dominique
Technical Sergeant

VIDEO : A Texan in the Alps

Post by Dominique »

The Alps are a beautiful region to fly in the heart of Western Europe. Here is a short flight between Saanen in Switzerland to Aosta in Italy. OrbX OpenLC EU along with Vector and a sharp mesh bring up a convincing flying ground for the T-6. Landmarks are easy to pick out to find your way with a map. You can use the Garmin too though :D .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzTNkR0GwLA
Dominique
i7-4770 /Nvidia 1080 and MSFS
Proud ownerin FS9 of the P-47 and P-51, in FSX/P3D of the Piper Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, P-40, P-51 civ., Texan, Boeing Stratocruiser, Cessna Skylane and in MSFS of the Comanche

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Re: VIDEO : A Texan in the Alps

Post by Dominique »

Strangely enough the clip shows up on my desktop (W7 with Chrome) but not on my iPad (iOS 12.3.1.)...
Dominique
Proud ownerin FS9 of the P-47 and P-51, in FSX/P3D of the Piper Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, P-40, P-51 civ., Texan, Boeing Stratocruiser, Cessna Skylane and in MSFS of the Comanche

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Cracking video, thanks for posting. I've added link to the post too so if the video doesn't show up the link is still there. I think its just safari that has an issue with it mostly.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

Thank you Lewis.
Dominique

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

I can watch youtube videos on my laptop all day long but none of your videos show. I can drag my cursor along the time strip and see the preview pane but that's it. Something with your settings maybe on upload? A shame as it looks like some nice videos.
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Really nice Dominique! I love seeing the unique airfields from which others fly - it inspires me to get in the T6 and find new ground to fly over. Thanks for sharing that adventure!

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

double post, sorry
Last edited by Dominique on 28 May 2019, 01:45, edited 2 times in total.
Dominique

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Great Video! I’ll have to give that flight a try!

Thanks for sharing
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

jeepinforfun wrote: 27 May 2019, 17:04 I can watch youtube videos on my laptop all day long but none of your videos show. I can drag my cursor along the time strip and see the preview pane but that's it. Something with your settings maybe on upload? A shame as it looks like some nice videos.
Thank you for the technical feedback Brett, appreciated that you took the time. I don't do anything special, I save with Movie Maker recommended settings (1920*1080 out of rushes shot with Nvidia Experience in 1280*1440) and upload with the Youtube Chrome page the normal way.

I do not see my embedded videos on the A2A forums with my iPad. Not only this one but also the Idaho one on the Comanche forum (the PNG clip was not embedded, just a link). But I see them OK with my W7 desktop. I also see them without any problem on my iPad when posted on other forums (Avsim, OrbX) So it seems there is some incompatibility between Safari or iOS12 and the A2A forum software. Using a Mac or a Windows laptop ? Do you see my clip on Avsim video forum ? Or directly on my Youtube channel ?
Last edited by Dominique on 28 May 2019, 05:11, edited 1 time in total.
Dominique

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

Jacques wrote: 27 May 2019, 18:49 Really nice Dominique! I love seeing the unique airfields from which others fly - it inspires me to get in the T6 and find new ground to fly over. Thanks for sharing that adventure!
Thank you Jacques. There is such a trove of challenging airfields out there, we can't know them all :) .
Piper_EEWL wrote: 28 May 2019, 00:44 Great Video! I’ll have to give that flight a try!

Thanks for sharing
Thanks ! You're never disappointed when flying in the Alps.
Dominique

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Dominique wrote: 28 May 2019, 01:33
Oh I know that from my real life experience. I’m fortunate enough to be able to do that.

But I also love flying through the alps in the sim. Do you mind posting the route you took?
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

Piper_EEWL wrote: 28 May 2019, 02:26
Oh I know that from my real life experience. I’m fortunate enough to be able to do that.

But I also love flying through the alps in the sim. Do you mind posting the route you took?
Lucky you.

I hesitated to add a map. Didn't because, I strive to stay below 5 minutes (actually I strive to stay below 4 minutes but I never can !). I should have.

I have no formal plan like a .pln or usr waypoints in the 750 to share. I do some Google work then fly reconnaissance flights before shooting and then know my way. Rougly this is what I flew :

- After taking off runway 08 at LSGK and taking a little altitude, I turned around above Gstaad to fly West to Château d'Oex/Moulins
- I turned left to L'Etivaz hamlet (you see it in GE if you zoom in)
- shortly after to the right toward Aigle in the Rhône valley, with the large forked lake on my right over the ridge
- to the left in the Rhône valley toward Martigny, flying by Mount le Catogne on its right and Orsières
- to the right in the two narrow valleys toward Courmayer along the Mont Blanc Massif (Italian side)
- to the left after Courmayer descending the valley toward Aosta following the river

I cruised at 9500 feet.

Tell me if something is not clear enough.
Last edited by Dominique on 29 May 2019, 07:01, edited 1 time in total.
Dominique

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

Dominique wrote: 28 May 2019, 01:31
jeepinforfun wrote: 27 May 2019, 17:04 I can watch youtube videos on my laptop all day long but none of your videos show. I can drag my cursor along the time strip and see the preview pane but that's it. Something with your settings maybe on upload? A shame as it looks like some nice videos.
Thank you for the technical feedback Brett, appreciated that you took the time. I don't do anything special, I save with Movie Maker recommended settings (1920*1080 out of rushes shot with Nvidia Experience in 1280*1440) and upload with the Youtube Chrome page the normal way.

I do not see my embedded videos on the A2A forums with my iPad. Not only this one but also the Idaho one on the Comanche forum (the PNG clip was not embedded, just a link). But I see them OK with my W7 desktop. I also see them without any problem on my iPad when posted on other forums (Avsim, OrbX) So it seems there is some incompatibility between Safari or iOS12 and the A2A forum software. Using a Mac or a Windows laptop ? Do you see my clip on Avsim video forum ? Or directly on my Youtube channel ?
Thanks for the reply. I can see the imbedded video on the forum if I click on the "Only secure content is displayed" "Show Content" button otherwise it is a blank white box, once clicked I can see the preview screen which allows me to click the button to watch on youtube. After that it is I described above. I will look to see if I need to update any players and also to note my Internet Explorer is probably out of date on my Win7 OP, I should fix this although with all the ORBEX/FTX scenery and addons I am very close to my HD limit having only 45 Gigs left. Still not sure why I can see other videos but again I will look into this and get back to you.

Thanks for making videos for others to enjoy.
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Dominique wrote: 28 May 2019, 05:01
Piper_EEWL wrote: 28 May 2019, 02:26

Lucky you.

I hesitated to add a map. Didn't because, I strive to stay below 5 minutes (actually I strive to stay below 4 minutes but I never can !). I should have.

I have no formal plan like a .pln or usr waypoints in the 750 to share. I do some Google work then fly reconnaissance flights before shooting and then know my way. Rougly this is what I flew :

- After taking off runway 08 at LSGK and taking a little altitude, I turned around above Gstaad to fly West to Château d'Oex/Moulins
- I turned left to L'Etivaz hamlet (you see it in GE if you zoom in)
- shortly after to the right toward Aigle in the Rhône valley, with the large forked lake on my right over the ridge
- to the left in the Rhône valley toward Martigny, flying by Mount le Catogne on its right and Orsières
- to the right in the two narrow valleys toward Courmayer along the Mont Blanc Massif (Italian side)
- to the left after Courmayer descending the valley toward Aosta following the river

I cruised at 9500 feet.

Tell me if something is not clear enough.
I’ll give that a try.

Thanks for sharing!!

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

Finally got to see the video after updating my players, great views and adding the locations made it twice as good. :)
Take care, Brett

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan"”