If I would like to buy this plane

The world's most popular advanced trainer of WWII
new reply
JanF
Airman First Class

If I would like to buy this plane

Post by JanF »

When I look in the store under heading P3D I see the planes describes as for P3D V4 or P3D V3-V4. If I understand this correctly this means that the planes wont run on P3D 2.5 (which I have).
Then I would like to ask why P3D 2.5 isn't supported ? It would make sense to me if it was only V4 since that comes with the big difference of going 64 bit. But being compatible with V3 and not V2.5 makes less sense.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: If I would like to buy this plane

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi JanF and welcome to the A2A forums.

I can confirm that the Prepar3D version of the T-6 Texan is compatible with P3D v2.5. If you purchase the product, the download page on the store will provide links to two separate zip files: one for 32-bit versions of P3D and one for 64-bit P3Dv4.

However, more recent P3D releases only support the latest 64-bit version 4 of the platform. I'll check if the store page description can be updated to clarify the versions supported for the earlier releases.

Apologies for the confusion.

Thanks,
Nick

JanF
Airman First Class

Post by JanF »

Nick - A2A wrote:Hi JanF and welcome to the A2A forums.

I can confirm that the Prepar3D version of the T-6 Texan is compatible with P3D v2.5. If you purchase the product, the download page on the store will provide links to two separate zip files: one for 32-bit versions of P3D and one for 64-bit P3Dv4.

However, more recent P3D releases only support the latest 64-bit version 4 of the platform. I'll check if the store page description can be updated to clarify the versions supported for the earlier releases.

Apologies for the confusion.

Thanks,
Nick
When P3D V5 comes can we feel confident that your planes will work there also ? I mean since P3D 4.4 is out V5 is probably not far away.
Is there some advantage to run your plane with P3D V4 compared to 2.5 or FSX-SE and if so what are they ?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

It's difficult to make assurances about future version of Prepar3D JanF, but so far we've made sure that customers can use products they purchased for P3D in subsequent versions of the sim. Obviously we'd like to do this going forward too, but this depends on whether backwards-compatibility continues to be supported by Lockheed Martin in terms of the SDK and graphics engine etc.

As regards updating to newer version of the platform, there will certainly be benefits. One example would be the dynamic windshield rainfall effects we recently made available for P3Dv4 Accu-Sim fleet.

Thanks,
Nick

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

The biggest benefit to P3D 4.x, vs. previous versions of P3D or FSX-SE, is that it's 64 bit, which means that it can use all the physical memory on your system. In practical terms that means a drastic reduction in out-of-memory errors when running complex aircraft and scenery.

Graphics are better in P3D 4.4 are improved, though the improvements can be subtle. Further improvements are likely down the road.

Hope this is helpful.
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan"”