P3Dv4 Accu-Sim T-6 Update Released (Version 18.9.8)

The world's most popular advanced trainer of WWII
Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: P3Dv4 Accu-Sim T-6 Update Released (Version 18.8.12)

Post by Nick - A2A »

Adam_NZ wrote:EDIT: Please disregard all my ramblings above. I re-downloaded the single P3Dv4 archive from my "new" store link ... and the installer behaved itself perfectly. Well done, A2A - this new method is really quite slick!!!!
Hey Adam - thanks for the update above. Good to hear the installer and update have worked as expected. As we transition for the 'old' installers to the 'new', a bit of confusion is inevitable. However, hopefully the new system will allow us to get updates out to customers a bit more efficiently. :)

Cheers,
Nick

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: P3Dv4 Accu-Sim T-6 Update Released (Version 18.9.8)

Post by Nick - A2A »

Just a post to let everybody know that a new update for the T-6 has just been released. I've edited the first post of this thread with more details.

Thanks,
Nick

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Does one have to re-download all the P3Dv4 installers? And is this how we get updates now? Also, while I'm here, is there any way to hide all the various versions that I've bought over the years leaving just the P3Dv4 downloads? I've got a helluva list to trawl though, the vast majority of which are no longer relevant.
"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled"

Adam_NZ
Technical Sergeant

Post by Adam_NZ »

Ron Attwood wrote:Does one have to re-download all the P3Dv4 installers?
You pre-empted my question! :P

I was wondering if there was a comprehensive list of which aircraft have the new installers.

I've worked my way through the more recent ones, but was wondering about the P-40, B-17, B377 etc.

Adam.
--
Image--Image

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

I'm 99% certain that the aircraft sitting in the P3D section of the store use the new installers.

PS - I just returned from a brief trip to NZ and enjoyed every moment of it both in the North and South Island. Planning to go back soon. :)
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Adam_NZ
Technical Sergeant

Post by Adam_NZ »

Oracle427 wrote:I'm 99% certain that the aircraft sitting in the P3D section of the store use the new installers.

PS - I just returned from a brief trip to NZ and enjoyed every moment of it both in the North and South Island. Planning to go back soon. :)
Thanks - yes - that makes sense. Looks like the FSX-only versions are coloured RED in your downloads list, which helps!

See you back in NZ soon!!

Adam.
--
Image--Image

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Ron Attwood wrote:Does one have to re-download all the P3Dv4 installers? And is this how we get updates now?
Ron,

Yep, for all the P3Dv4 Accu-Sim products, new installers are now available which deliver the latest updates at the point of installation. Subsequently, the Start Menu shortcut can be used to check for and download new updates. You can tell if the P3Dv4 products you have already installed used the new installers because they'll show the A2A logo and the version number in the Windows 'Apps and Features' list if they did.

We'll start to roll out new installers for the FSX versions once the Bonanza hits the store. :)
Ron Attwood wrote:Also, while I'm here, is there any way to hide all the various versions that I've bought over the years leaving just the P3Dv4 downloads? I've got a helluva list to trawl though, the vast majority of which are no longer relevant.
In the store you mean Ron? Hmm - not sure about that. That'd be a question for Lewis.

Thanks,
Nick

Adam_NZ
Technical Sergeant

Post by Adam_NZ »

Nick - A2A wrote:We'll start to roll out new installers for the FSX versions once the Bonanza hits the store. :)
Yay!!!! Many thanks.

Adam.
--
Image--Image

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Thanks Nick.
"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled"

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan"”