T-6 Oxygen

The world's most popular advanced trainer of WWII
new reply
bullfox
Technical Sergeant

T-6 Oxygen

Post by bullfox »

I have been flying the T-6 lately. I fly mostly in the Western US and Canada where mountain passes occasionally require flying above 10,000 feet. This caused me to wonder if any T-6's were equipped with oxygen systems? Could someone answer that question? What was the procedure during training for flying at altitudes above 10,000 feet?
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Re: T-6 Oxygen

Post by jeepinforfun »

As far as I know some later models were equipped with two different styles of oxygen systems but as a basic trainer it was not needed. The aircraft that was used by A2A to simulate this T-6 did not have it installed. For more information of the use of oxygen in aviation check out this link https://www.aopa.org/training-and-safet ... n-aviation. I wouldn't be surprised if the A2A's hypoxia modeling fall close to these so when it doubt, go around. :)
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan"”