New T-6 in my hangar

The world's most popular advanced trainer of WWII
new reply
Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

New T-6 in my hangar

Post by Paughco »

I bought a T-6 yesterday! The airplane is effectively brand-new, zero time, after a complete restoration at Half Moon Bay Airport (KHAF). I'm keeping her in the hangar there now, but plan to fly her back up to Arlington Airport (KAWO) as soon as the weather improves.

Here she is after the first test flight around the pattern:

I've spent many hours IRL back in the '60s, washing Cessna 150s, 172s, 182s, etc. outside the hangar in the background, when not gassing airplanes at the pump.

Seeya
ATB

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: New T-6 in my hangar

Post by Paughco »

I was bad during a flight around the Bay Area this morning:

So I figured I'd better transport (using a war-surplus industrial size Starfleet transporter) my T-6 up to Friday Harbor (KFHR). I then flew down to Arlington (KAWO) and flew the pattern for RWY 16.

Things got a tad squirrely on the rollout, due to winds out of 134 at 19 knots with gusts to 26. The airplane is still in good shape:

The weather is still kinda iffy, but soon as I get a clear day I'll do some pattern work, then fly over to Darrington for some of that IGA fried chicken!

Seeya
ATB

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Had to change to paint job so "The Man" won't find me after that little thing with the Golden Gate Bridge and buzzing the tower at KSFO. Here is the definitive paint job for my new Six:

Wish I could find a picture of the T-6 that my friend Paul's Uncle Louie had at Half Moon Bay Airport. I'd submit that as a repaint request. I like the checkerboard cowl on this one. She's a keeper.

Seeya
ATB

boomshinesaigon
Airman

Post by boomshinesaigon »

Glad to see you enjoying the T-6. That's a very nice paint. I figured you'd end up getting it at some point... once that first interest is sparked, it's inevitable with A2A! I just finished a tour of Canada and it certainly was fun. Hope to see some more posts of your adventures. After flying it exclusively for some 80-90 hours, going back to a Comanche feels like I'm controlling an RV car.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Heidi needed a ride from Skagit Regional to Arlington. OK. Here we are on the approach into Rwy 28 at Skagit:

Heidi jumped in the back and off we went. Here we are on the downwind into Arlington:

It was a good flight.

Seeya
ATB

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Nice shots, glad you are enjoying the simulation :)

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Nice. She is a great landing trainer
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Yes, if you can reliably land the Accu-Sim 6 you are demonstrating the needed skills to land the real thing.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Rode my motorcycle to Arlington Airport today. The weather was perfect! The place was jumpin' - gliders were being towed into the air behind that Piper tug. The Van's Fighter Squadron was out in full force. There was a really nice looking Cessna 172 with a sort of light bronze metallic paint job and checkered rudder. Only thing missing was a Cessna 195 pulling up to the gas pump. It was a great ride, but I couldn't help thinking that I should be flying my T-6 on this fine day. After I got home I fired up my trusty Six and flew her around the pattern at KAWO, then left south after a touch and go. Flew down to Harvey Field (S43) and landed on Rwy 33R. Kept her on the pavement all the way during the rollout! Taxied in to this spot and got the obligatory $100 hamburger at the Buzz-Inn Steakhouse.

Seeya
ATB

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Latest adventure in my T-6 was a multiplayer race at Reno Stead!

What a blast!!

Seeya
ATB

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Spring has finally arrived in the great Pacific Northwest! In the RW I've been riding my motorcycle. Rode with some pals down to Manzanita, OR. OK, in the sim I just completed a nice evening flight in my T-6 from Harvey Field (S43) down to a landing on RWY West at Fall City (1WA6). Got her stopped on the pavement! Taxied back up the runway and took off. Flew north up the Snoqualmie Valley at 1,600 feet to a straight in approach to RWY 34 at Arlington (KAWO). Would'a been better to land on RWY 29, as the wind was 290 at 10, but I wanted to practice crosswind landing. No drama whatsoever!

Seeya
ATB

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

Great series of shots, :D

I can see why you are enjoying this bird so much as A2A did an exceptional job on it.
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan"”