D-FOBY in Stuttgart

The world's most popular advanced trainer of WWII
new reply
MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

D-FOBY in Stuttgart

Post by MarcE »

I drove my lady to the airport (EDDS) this morning and found an AT-6 on the visitor's terrace =)

I wasn't clear on the actual size of that bird.. a 172 is smaller :lol: and an AN-2 is not that much bigger.

Cheers,
Marc

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: D-FOBY in Stuttgart

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Nice pictures Marc. Didn't know they had a T-6 there at the visitor terrace. Munich and Stuttgart seem to have it covered between them. :wink: Munich has a Junkers Ju-52, a DC-3 and a Super Connie at their visitor center. If your drive to the terminals in Munich you drive by them. Always glad to see them.

Happy flying
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Nice, and good looking livery too with the all red and chequed nose

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Bomber_12th
Technical Sergeant

Post by Bomber_12th »

Spotted that one in some online photos recently as well (I like the red body/b&w checkerboard combo). I believe its been static for decades, and gets a new lick of paint every now and then.

Yes, the T-6 is a large aircraft (as I've noted both in person as well as flying them in the sim with other warbirds over the years). The wingspan is actually a whole 5-ft wider than a Mustang, and the Mustang is only about 3-ft longer length-wise (the wingspan on the T-6 is 1-ft wider than a Corsair, and the Corsair is only about 4-ft longer length-wise).
John Terrell

T6flyer
Staff Sergeant

Post by T6flyer »

'D-FOBY' is an early AT-6A (41-217 c/n 77-4176) which after USAAF service was delivered to Portugal where it became FAP1608 serving from 1947 to 1976 with BA-1 and BA-7. Sold to Euroworld Ltd as G-BGGR on the 17/01/1979 it was soon sold to Germany 3 months later. I'm sure it went direct from Portugal to Germany as can find no UK history or photograph. The registration 'D-FOBY' was reserved to Air Classic GmbH but was never taken up.

Martin

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan"”