Duxford Visit

The world's most popular advanced trainer of WWII
new reply
Bomber_12th
Technical Sergeant

Duxford Visit

Post by Bomber_12th »

A real-life resident of Halfpenny Green, and a common visitor to Duxford, I thought I would pay a visit to Duxford with the virtual G-TDJN as well, for a bit of flying. The screenshots feature a repaint that I did (available here and elsewhere), depicting the award-winning Midwest Aero restored AT-6D G-TDJN owned by David Nock (painted in the accurate markings of an AT-6 used as a station hack by the 353rd FG during WWII), with the payware ORBX England and modified freeware ACG Duxford for scenery.

John Terrell

Bomber_12th
Technical Sergeant

Re: Duxford Visit

Post by Bomber_12th »

Later I went up again for some formation practice with a couple Duxford residents, G-BUKY (a repaint by Douglas Falshaw "HalfSaw"), and G-BTXI (repaint by Steve Landau "bladerunner900").

John Terrell

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Awesome screenshots! The Duxford scenery is my favorite place to fly the A2A warbirds.

How did you get the Messerschmitt (Buchon) 109 in there? And it also looks like you have the ground textures changed to a more rich color. How did you do that? It lookes like the scenery fits a lot better into the Orbx textures.

Thanks
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

danb12
Staff Sergeant

Post by danb12 »

I would be interested in the ground textures too as it looks really good!!

Bomber_12th
Technical Sergeant

Post by Bomber_12th »

With regard to the Buchon, John Young, who did all of the AI traffic in the original Duxford scenery release, has made more AI aircraft over time, and he has included AI traffic files for use with the Duxford scenery in a few of those follow-up AI aircraft releases.

Here is a list of all of the ACG and John Young Duxford-related scenery and AI files, available at Flightsim.com, in the order that they should be installed (proper installation order is key, otherwise it won't all display properly):

1. Original Duxford Scenery: acg_iwm_duxford_fsx.zip
2. Sea Vixen AI Traffic: jyai_sea_vixens_fsx_1.zip
3. B-25 AI Traffic: jyai_b25_fsx_1.zip
4. Duxford Scenery Update: acgduxford2013update.zip
5. JU-52 AI Traffic: jyai_ju52_fsx_1.zip
6. Buchon AI Traffic: jyai_buchons_fsx_1.zip

For my own personal use, I removed most of the photoscenery ground tiles, so that it would blend better with the ORBX FTX England scenery. If you wish to do the same, remove all of the files with the name Duxford1.bgl through Duxford8.bgl from the ACG IWM Duxford FSX scenery folder (place them in a temporary/backup folder in-case you wish to restore them).
John Terrell

Paul K
Technical Sergeant

Post by Paul K »

Terrific pictures, John. To my shame I still haven't bought the T-6, but your shots underline what a quality model it is. BTW, I was down at Duxford the other week and there's plenty going on, including the start of the restoration of their Victor - at long last. :)

Bomber_12th
Technical Sergeant

Post by Bomber_12th »

There have been running threads at the Key Publishing forum for several years now (archived/renewed with every new year), with a few photographers local to Duxford documenting each day the daily warbird activity and general happenings at the field. Hardly a day goes by that I don't check that thread, and because of that, despite being thousands of miles away, I feel as if I'm there every day, aware of what's taking place. This is the current, up to the moment thread (of course there has been an airshow taking place at Duxford this weekend, so not the usual photo postings over the past couple days): http://forum.keypublishing.com/showthre ... %29/page23

If you haven't followed these threads, you may be surprised at just how much warbird activity takes place at Duxford on a regular/daily basis, and you quickly will realize just how special of a place it is.

For those interested, here are the past year's Duxford Diary threads at the Key Publishing forum:

2012 daily Duxford photo reports: http://forum.keypublishing.com/showthre ... Diary-2012
2013 daily Duxford photo reports: http://forum.keypublishing.com/showthre ... Diary-2013
2014 daily Duxford photo reports: http://forum.keypublishing.com/showthre ... Diary-2014
2015 daily Duxford photo reports: http://forum.keypublishing.com/showthre ... %282015%29
John Terrell

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Bomber_12th wrote:With regard to the Buchon, John Young, who did all of the AI traffic in the original Duxford scenery release, has made more AI aircraft over time, and he has included AI traffic files for use with the Duxford scenery in a few of those follow-up AI aircraft releases.

Here is a list of all of the ACG and John Young Duxford-related scenery and AI files, available at Flightsim.com, in the order that they should be installed (proper installation order is key, otherwise it won't all display properly):

1. Original Duxford Scenery: acg_iwm_duxford_fsx.zip
2. Sea Vixen AI Traffic: jyai_sea_vixens_fsx_1.zip
3. B-25 AI Traffic: jyai_b25_fsx_1.zip
4. Duxford Scenery Update: acgduxford2013update.zip
5. JU-52 AI Traffic: jyai_ju52_fsx_1.zip
6. Buchon AI Traffic: jyai_buchons_fsx_1.zip

For my own personal use, I removed most of the photoscenery ground tiles, so that it would blend better with the ORBX FTX England scenery. If you wish to do the same, remove all of the files with the name Duxford1.bgl through Duxford8.bgl from the ACG IWM Duxford FSX scenery folder (place them in a temporary/backup folder in-case you wish to restore them).
Thank you very much for the explanation John. I'll definitely make those changes and see how it looks. Thanks again.

Happy flying
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

As I am combing through forum posts, I started looking at this one without first looking at who the poster was. And as I was scrolling down looking at these shots, I said to myself "It's gotta be Bomber." :)

Really nice shots.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

cflord
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by cflord »

Outstanding screen shots and very nice scenery of Duxford.

Keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down!

Ret SMSgt Cliff Lord - C-130 Flight Engineer & Mechanic :) 8)

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

I just took my Spitfire for a little display flight around my freshly pimped out Duxford scenery with new AI traffic. Looks pretty cool.

Thanks for the advice John!

danb12
Staff Sergeant

Post by danb12 »

Thanks a lot! Will give this a go too!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Beautiful stuff 8) And thanks for the tip on your edits for removing some of the files for a different integration with ftx England.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan"”