More "Warbirdie" Cockpit Mods and Repaint Updates (Download)

The world's most popular advanced trainer of WWII
robert41
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: More "Warbirdie" Cockpit Mods and Repaint Updates (Downl

Post by robert41 »

Bomber_12th wrote:Thank you all for your messages and feedback!

Does anyone have any criticisms/critiques of the modifications? What you might like to see differently, or added?

There were a few small issues I spotted in my work on the grey cockpit textures for VH-NZH, that I have now corrected (mixture knob and throttle button). Also, when I was originally working on the canopy textures, I made the canopy handle red, as they are typically painted, but without any paint chips it didn't really look the part/match the rest of the cockpit. So I was working on adding some paint chips, but never was fully satisfied with the look, so I left the handle bare metal instead. I have however now been in the process of getting a nice paint-chipped red (and yellow) handle back on. All of these corrections/improvements will be included in the "Version 2" uploads of the above repaints to the main file library sites.
Perhaps some more worn/faded paint, paint chips in the cockpits.

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Nice modification. This puts a nice bit of variation into our views. You've clearly put some work into this.

Thanks,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Bomber_12th
Technical Sergeant

Post by Bomber_12th »

The updated versions (V.2) of all five of my repaints have now been uploaded to Avsim, Flightsim, and Sim-Outhouse. There have been some more changes made since the original files I provided with this thread, so if you particularly like any of these repaints, I encourage you to download/install the new files. One of the new items is now the canopy handles have paint (either red or yellow depending on the individual restoration), and you'll see this detail both inside and out.

Now I can finally get along to releasing new repaints again... :D

Here are just a sampling of screenshots again:

John Terrell

rsgunner
Airman First Class

Post by rsgunner »

They get better and better!

Love the detail.

Russ
Many may fly and some are rewarded
handsomely, but the wings of gold of a
United States Naval Aviator mean more
than flying. It is dearly bought, requires
sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

robert41
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by robert41 »

Thanks John for these paints and cockpit updates.

crazac
Technical Sergeant

Post by crazac »

Bomber_12, I just grabbed the full pack Dropbox download last night. Can I just re-download that or should I go to Avsim for the individuals?

Bomber_12th
Technical Sergeant

Post by Bomber_12th »

No problem guys, and you're very welcome! I'm looking forward to doing some more cockpit/gauge texture variations. I'm currently working on the SNJ-5 91066 (Pensacola 1950/51) repaint, and some of the gauges will be redone slightly to resemble and replicate the ones used in Navy SNJ's (with some Munsell green added to the faces). It should hopefully turn out pretty cool.

Crazac, I'm afraid the new files that have been uploaded to Avsim and the other sites are more updated than the download link I have in this thread (which I'll remove now, to reduce confusion). Really just mostly small things, however - cleaned-up.
John Terrell

crazac
Technical Sergeant

Post by crazac »

Thanks, no worries. I will go grab them again.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Those are very nicely done, Bomber_12th! Regrettably, no T-6 for me at the moment...maybe in a few months. You should have a hanger-full by then! Seriously, though, very creative, very well done and, I'm sure, very well recieved by those who prefer a more vintage look.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Awesome cockpit variations. I just checked Avsim and Flightsim.com. They still seem to have the old files up. Any idea when the new ones will be available?

Thanks
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Bomber_12th
Technical Sergeant

Post by Bomber_12th »

They are currently available now at Flightsim.com and at Sim-Outhouse (if you're a member there), and should show-up any time now at Avsim (the first site I uploaded them to, mid-day yesterday).
John Terrell

JoeS475
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JoeS475 »

John, real quick question for you- since we can now click between MPH and KPH on the shift menu, do you happen to know if all of your aircraft you've repainted so far use MPH, or if I should switch it for any individual plane?

Cheers, looking forward to grabbing V2 when I get home from work this afternoon!

Joe
Joe

Bomber_12th
Technical Sergeant

Post by Bomber_12th »

Joe, I believe all of the examples I've covered use the standard MPH gauge (as far as I recall - the only cockpit I haven't seen photos of is the one in "Heave Ho", though I'm 99.9% sure it has the standard MPH as well), but I re-faced the Knots gauge to look period as well, for those who may wish to use it instead. Some SNJ's retained the MPH gauge, while others had it in Knots.

Also...having seen a recent photo of the cockpit of VH-NZH, it has the original WWII artificial horizon, but I still liked the looks of the modern artificial horizon installed with the repaint. However, I have provided a copy of the gauge textures with the original WWII artificial horizon if you want to install it instead. Note that, as I've depicted, the cockpit on the real VH-NZH is painted grey, but this is very close to how the cockpits of the early SNJ's looked, as they remained overall dull silver inside, rather than being painted interior green.
Last edited by Bomber_12th on 24 Apr 2016, 11:05, edited 1 time in total.
John Terrell

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

Thanks for your work, Bomber. I love your repaints. :) The time you put into the accuracy and detail really shows.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Bomber_12th wrote:They are currently available now at Flightsim.com and at Sim-Outhouse (if you're a member there), and should show-up any time now at Avsim (the first site I uploaded them to, mid-day yesterday).
Thanks very much. Downloading from flightsim.com as I'm typing! Awesome work!

Thanks for sharing!
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan"”