N7055K (WIP)

The world's most popular advanced trainer of WWII
sdflyer
Senior Airman

Re: N7055K (WIP)

Post by sdflyer »

Tailspin45 wrote:
sdflyer wrote:"barnstormers" were relocated to the south west side of CRQ (next to pinnacle aviation ). I flew SNJ Vic Schneider who is currently on PCF board - the club where I flight instruct and "back lease" my airplane
Ah, yes, Vic.

Lol where did he do this?

JoeS475
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JoeS475 »

Wow, simply amazing. Well worth the wait I'll say! Perfect rendition of a gorgeous real life paint job, gonna put quite a few hours on this old girl! I see you mention you are going to do the interior at some point, I look forward to that. In the meantime I've installed Bomber_12th's grey interior from VH-NZH, since the real world photos of N7055K seem to indicate she is most likely grey inside (never seen her, so I'm purely guessing)...

Once again, thanks for all the effort you put into this!

Joe
Joe

crazac
Technical Sergeant

Post by crazac »

JoeS475 wrote:Wow, simply amazing. Well worth the wait I'll say! Perfect rendition of a gorgeous real life paint job, gonna put quite a few hours on this old girl! I see you mention you are going to do the interior at some point, I look forward to that. In the meantime I've installed Bomber_12th's grey interior from VH-NZH, since the real world photos of N7055K seem to indicate she is most likely grey inside (never seen her, so I'm purely guessing)...

Once again, thanks for all the effort you put into this!

Joe
Thanks Joe, I'm happy you dig it!

Yep, for now, I think that will work for the interior. She's got a white-ish interior frame with black dash and hood. From the photos's I've seen, it looks like the frame is white, the firewall and side panels are grey and the dash is black. I'll have to confirm and find out about the right side selector panel, foot rails and other things not shown.

Tailspin45
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tailspin45 »

sdflyer wrote:Lol where did he do this?
We sold the aircraft in 2006, and the new owners sold it to a guy back east who was going to restore it. The accident occurred near Delmar (as in Delaware-Maryland). A wheel landing in a short soft field was demonstrably not a good idea.
Blue skies and tailwinds

TomMariusNGX
Airman Basic

Post by TomMariusNGX »

Hi crazac
Thanks for your work on this. Just downloaded and it looks fantastic in the sim. The level of detail is outstanding.
Cheers,
Tom
ImageImageImageImage

crazac
Technical Sergeant

Post by crazac »

Thanks Tom. [THUMBS UP SIGN]

Tailspin45
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tailspin45 »

Blue skies and tailwinds

crazac
Technical Sergeant

N7055K (WIP)

Post by crazac »

Great shot!!! Looks like a mantle piece.

Scott444
Airman

Re: N7055K (WIP) - texture problem in WinXP FSX SP3

Post by Scott444 »

I am very much inspired by this awesome paint by crazac and have downloaded it. Unfortunately, I get fatal error FSX restart whenever I attempt to select this paintscheme from the aircraft selection screen. I have followed the install instructions, copied the texture file to the
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes default directory on my WinXP SP3 system and
set the [fltsim.xx] parameter to [fltsim.5] => N7055K is the next T6 aircraft in my A2A lineup. As stated, am running WinXP 32-bit SP3, FSX Gold boxed plus Acceleration with 3-30-16 update. (Didn't yet install the 4-16-16 update as I saw there may be outstanding issues). The standard A2A Texan T6 skins are all loading and running fine.

Is there a difference in the way the N7055K texture file was compiled in which my WinXP32-bit Media Edition OS does not have the support libraries to handle this texture? I saw this same problem with A2A initial release of the T6 Texan which caused the exact same fatal error with restart on the aircraft load screen but A2A somehow addressed this in the 3-30-16 update and all their T6 textures are working fine on my Dell quad core system w/ Nvideo 550TI graphics card.

See reference 3/27/16 FATAL ERROR post.

Thanks in advance for any help. PS - The Texan is a great addition to my collection of A2A aircraft!

Scott444

crazac
Technical Sergeant

Post by crazac »

Hi Scott,

There shouldn't be any difference in the repaint textures, that I am aware of, and I haven't heard of this problem before. I'll review my files.

Is this still not working for you?

Bomber_12th
Technical Sergeant

Post by Bomber_12th »

I always get the same fatal error/CTD when loading any 4096 textures which have been saved as 32-bit files (64 mbs!). I have more RAM than anyone could shake a stick at, and I still have that problem. So whenever a repaint, such as for the Texan, has any textures saved as 32-bit, I always first have to re-save them as DXT5 format (only 16 mbs then). I had to do this with your repaint, Crazac, and I have been greatly enjoying it in the sim (absolutely brilliant work, and I love the character that all of the weathering adds).

(With 2048 textures, or smaller textures, saved as 32-bit files, I never experience this problem, only when the textures are 4096.)
John Terrell

crazac
Technical Sergeant

Post by crazac »

Huh, Interesting Bomber_12th! Thanks for that, I really appreciate the insight!! I used to use the DXT5 all the time but have heard several people here swear by the 8888 version so I switched. I'm still not clear on the difference but will go back, update the file and post a second link.

Thanks for the compliment. It means a lot! I have been enjoying your work as well.

crazac
Technical Sergeant

Post by crazac »

Alrighty! Scott444, I have re-saved them out as DXT-5, per the insight from Bomber_12th. Giv'er another try.
Also note, that the name is different. So you will need to update your aircraft.cfg as well. Please let me know how this works for you.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B10II ... zZOMGFzcWs [edit; updated link]

Bomber, Thank you so much for that!! I think you have shed some light on why my FSX-Accel Box crashes from the Mem issue. I'm still learning the difference between the 888-8 and DXT-5, but, the difference between my paint file folder is, 888-8 = 139mb and the DXT-5 = 36.5mb. Crazy. I'd didn't study to hard but, there wasn't any obvious difference in sim.

Again, thanks man!
Last edited by crazac on 16 Jun 2017, 15:28, edited 2 times in total.

Scott444
Airman

Re: N7055K (WIP) paint - Fatal error Win XP/FSX issue SOLVED

Post by Scott444 »

crazac wrote:Alrighty! Scott444, I have re-saved them out as DXT-5, per the insight from Bomber_12th. Giv'er another try.
Also note, that the name is different. So you will need to update your aircraft.cfg as well. Please let me know how this works for you.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B10IIK ... sp=sharing

Bomber, Thank you so much for that!! I think you have shed some light on why my FSX-Accel Box crashes from the Mem issue. I'm still learning the difference between the 888-8 and DXT-5, but, the difference between my paint file folder is, 888-8 = 139mb and the DXT-5 = 36.5mb. Crazy. I'd didn't study to hard but, there wasn't any obvious difference in sim.

Again, thanks man!

Crazac,

The DXT-5 paint file format did the trick. It works great and loads up immediately with no fatal errors. Your paint scheme is simply amazing and to answer your question on an earlier post, the satin finish you chose is excellent and looks so real! Thank you for sharing and all your efforts in taking time to reprocess this paint into a format that works with my WinXP 32-bit/ FSX Gold flight simulator setup. Hopefully, this will help others who may have also been experiencing this fatal error problem.

Bomber - thanks for your insights in identifying the paint format issue and making it possible for me & others to also enjoy flying this beauty!!

Hats off to both of you gentlemen.

Best regards,

Scott C :P

crazac
Technical Sergeant

Post by crazac »

Awesome :!: :!: I'm pumped!

It seems there is something to that. I suspect maybe the Box FSX Accel and older versions need the DXT-5.

I'm actually kind of glad this happened. Thanks again guys. 8)

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan"”