Technical Sergeant

Re: N7055K (WIP)

Post by seaniam81 »

Amazing work. This might be my favorite paint after CHAA's WPK

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

A fine repaint crazac - thanks very much for this one. :) Yes - I can feel your pain when it came to carrying the 'blurred' paint boundary over the texture joins around the wing root - you've done a grand job of it!

Cheers,
Nick

P.S. There seems to be one-or-two carriage returns missing from the INSTALL.txt file which may make it a little harder to follow for the uninitiated.
A2A Simulations Inc.

sdflyer
Senior Airman

Post by sdflyer »

Where can I download it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crazac
Technical Sergeant

Post by crazac »

Nick M wrote:A fine repaint crazac - thanks very much for this one. :) Yes - I can feel your pain when it came to carrying the 'blurred' paint boundary over the texture joins around the wing root - you've done a grand job of it!

Cheers,
Nick

P.S. There seems to be one-or-two carriage returns missing from the INSTALL.txt file which may make it a little harder to follow for the uninitiated.
seaniam81 wrote:Amazing work. This might be my favorite paint after CHAA's WPK

Thanks guys!

Nick, I actually found a couple of errors I thought I fixed in the INSTALL.txt. It was late :oops: Thanks for pointing it out. I have fixed it and re-uploaded it.

crazac
Technical Sergeant

Post by crazac »

sdflyer wrote:Where can I download it?

Hi sdflyer, you can get it below. Have fun.
crazac wrote:
Download available here :!: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B10IIK ... sp=sharing :!:
Please make sure, when you get to the link, to just click the download arrow at the top center of the page. See screenshot below.

sdflyer
Senior Airman

Post by sdflyer »

crazac wrote:
Download available here :!: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B10IIK ... sp=sharing :!:
Please make sure, when you get to the link, to just click the download arrow at the top center of the page. See screenshot below.

Great! thank you

Here is how I remember it

sdflyer
Senior Airman

Post by sdflyer »

Here is wind view of N7055K over CRQ at the time I was flying it

crazac
Technical Sergeant

Post by crazac »

sdflyer wrote:
Great! thank you

yea, she's lookin perty.
sdflyer wrote:Here is wind view of N7055K over CRQ at the time I was flying it

Wow what a difference. Not only is the wing unpainted and worn, but, CRQ looks like a whole different place.

WarHorse47
Senior Airman

Post by WarHorse47 »

Just found the time to take it up for a flight. Thanks for your efforts on the repaint. It looks just like I remember it.

--WH

sdflyer
Senior Airman

Post by sdflyer »

crazac wrote:
sdflyer wrote:
Great! thank you

yea, she's lookin perty.
sdflyer wrote:Here is wind view of N7055K over CRQ at the time I was flying it

Wow what a difference. Not only is the wing unpainted and worn, but, CRQ looks like a whole different place.
That was at the time they started to build corporate hangars. And yes they were working on the wings

Tailspin45
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tailspin45 »

This skin job is so authentic I swear I can smell the paint, fuel, sweat and the a hint of barf that you just can't quite get rid of.

Add to that the great sounds, goose the throttle and she'll bang and wake up sleepy airport security, even the rattle as you slide back the canopy. And ohhhhh.

But the visual detail is what takes me back every time. This isn't like the aircraft I flew for hundreds of hours this is the aircraft.

I make a good living as writer these days, but I'm lost for words trying to describe how much I appreciate the artistry and dedication Craig (aka crazac) has put into this skin. It is quite simply awesome.

The only person that knows the bird more intimately is Skip 'Gunner' King who was entrusted with her care and feeding. He's had his hands in places inside her where I didn’t even know there were places.

He's a former helo test pilot (we were an equal opportunity employer) and avid simmer too, of the P3D persuasion,. I'm sure you'll hear from him too.

These shots were taken on a quick hop this evening out of KCRQ, our home base for years and years. With thousands of hours over the area I can attest to what a great job ORBX did with the Southern California terrain. I sure hope they do a payware version of CRQ with all their usual incredible detail. It's the only piece missing that will let me relive the best years of my life.

Last edited by Tailspin45 on 22 Apr 2016, 08:36, edited 1 time in total.
Blue skies and tailwinds

Tailspin45
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tailspin45 »

sdflyer wrote:Wow what a difference. Not only is the wing unpainted and worn, but, CRQ looks like a whole different place.
Wow, indeed! That makes my head swim.

The ramp construction was years ago. The airport was built on a landfill (go figure) and as a result the taxiways and ramp, even the runway, developed sinkholes (duh). There was a big tube sticking up out of the ground, near where we tied down our Twin Beech, that was designed to exhaust methane. UPDATE: Upon reflection and a closer look the construction is not, as I thought, on the East end by Western Flight, where the ramp was collapsing; it is where our hangar and the restaurant were located. Indeed, it did become the site for bizjet hangars as sdflyer explained.

But the naked wing is the puzzling part. I don’t remember that we stripped it. UPDATE: a synapse or two fired and I do have a vague recollection now.

Lord knows the Southern California sun had a way of sunburning dark paint to the point where Insignia Blue looked like Battleship Gray, so we must have. But....
Last edited by Tailspin45 on 22 Apr 2016, 08:43, edited 4 times in total.
Blue skies and tailwinds

sdflyer
Senior Airman

Post by sdflyer »

Tailspin45,
I might have seen the guy. At the time "barnstormers" were relocated to the south west side of CRQ (next to pinnacle aviation ).

I flew SNJ Vic Schneider who is currently on PCF board - the club where I flight instruct and "back lease" my airplane

Tailspin45
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tailspin45 »

sdflyer wrote:"barnstormers" were relocated to the south west side of CRQ (next to pinnacle aviation ). I flew SNJ Vic Schneider who is currently on PCF board - the club where I flight instruct and "back lease" my airplane
Ah, yes, Vic.

Blue skies and tailwinds

ebo
Master Sergeant

Post by ebo »

Ouch!!!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk
Regards
Eberhard Haberkorn

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan"”