Thank you to our beta team

The world's most popular advanced trainer of WWII
new reply
Scott - A2A
A2A General

Thank you to our beta team

Post by Scott - A2A »

I wanted to again publicly thank the T-6 beta team lead, Oskar Wagner and the entire team for the long and exhaustive beta testing that was done on the T-6 prior to release.

It would be much easier for us to just release products a month or so earlier with less testing, and just put out large patches post release. It costs less and is actually much more profitable but it comes on the backs of the customer. Unfortunately this has become a practice for a lot of the software industry. Yet many customers misread this practice of a software company using the public as beta testers and releasing several frequent and large post release patches as a company being dedicated to their customers. When in fact, it's nothing more than a company that can't be bothered to invest in testing the software properly before putting it out to customers.

It's an entitlement mentality that unfortunately has been spreading like a cancer in modern society. We at A2A push back on feeling we're entitled to anything from a customer who is paying us. The customer is the king, and therefore we put products out to the public as if we are serving a king – you, our customer.

I also wanted to thank Dudley Henriques for his constant support of our team during development. He remembers specifics from flying so many aircraft, better than I can recall from flying just last week. His insight is spot on and it shows in the product.

Mitchell Glicksman, who serves both as our attorney (don't mess with Mitchell) and aviation writer. He starts researching a project at the point of conception and the result with all of our Accu-Sim products is best written histories written to date. His raw intelligence and insight into the history is what makes his writing so special. If you haven't read the manual, do yourself a favor and read the history at the beginning. In just one hour you will be the wiser because of it.

Oskar Wagner, who led the group on our T-6, carries a very heavy load. His dedication to thoroughness and completeness is the core of what makes our products solid on the day they are released. Oskar takes it on the chin so you, our customer, don't have too. Thank you Oskar for your dedication.

We had a new entry to our group, Martin Pengelly. I think Martin may know more about the T-6 than anyone on this planet. He researches the aircraft for owners so they know the history of the aircraft and can have it correctly restored. I have to say, I've never personally known anyone to have as good of an eye when looking for detail than Martin. He is also an admin for the “T-6 Harvarg & SNJ: The Pilot Maker” facebook page.

And of course, lastly, we want to thank you, our customer, for making this community what it is. We almost never have to moderate posts on this forum because, it self moderates with a strong sense of good will. The first thing I and most at A2A do when we wake up in the morning is check the forums and probably 5-10x a day after that (but you can add a “0” to that number for Lewis :) ).

Thank you everyone, from the entire team at A2A.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Mazo
Technical Sergeant

Re: Thank you to our beta team

Post by Mazo »

Scott and Team,

I want to thank all of you for your very hard, dedicated work to bring these A2A masterpieces to fruition - it is truly appreciated my myself and all of your customers.

It is so refreshing to have a business model that still cares about bringing a product to the market that has been as fully tested as is possible so as to provide a great experience for us, the Sim Pilots!

May A2A continue to prosper and remain the leader in aircraft simulation!
[*]2021 Jetline Systems GTX, [email protected], EVGA RTX 3080ti 12GB, 64GB Memory 3200MHz, Win11 64 Pro, P3DV5.3, FS2020

In memory of my fallen Brothers in Arms in Viet Nam - may they Rest in Peace.

Dooga
Staff Sergeant

Post by Dooga »

I add my voice to this: thank you A2A for another brilliant plane, and I agree with the assessment of this community - this forum is among a small handful that I know where you can't go wrong reading anything, really; never offensive or stupid, usually entertaining and often educational.

The T-6 is very intriguing to me: even more so than the other planes, the Texan is in principle easy to fly (when adhering to the procedures), but very hard to fly well. I've only managed 2.5 hours on it so far, but this baby will need a lot more attention...

DC3
Technical Sergeant

Post by DC3 »

The principles behind the company is what makes it great. Thanks for having principles and sticking to them. I know it is a common practice to say, "it's good enough" and release it to the customer and deal with the bugs after that. Unfortunately if a company does try to follow the model you have described the sales force and upper management is all over the development team and screaming because customers aren't getting the product and more importantly revenue is delayed. However, every company that has delayed a product in favor of releasing a product that was well tested and bug free has reaped the rewards in reputation, loyalty, increasing customers, and growing revenue. Thanks Scott for your leadership and insistence on providing a top notch product and resisting the siren call to release a product simply when it is "good enough".

Mike

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

Scott - A2A wrote: It would be much easier for us to just release products a month or so earlier with less testing, and just put out large patches post release. It costs less and is actually much more profitable but it comes on the backs of the customer. Unfortunately this has become a practice for a lot of the software industry. Yet many customers misread this practice of a software company using the public as beta testers and releasing several frequent and large post release patches as a company being dedicated to their customers. When in fact, it's nothing more than a company that can't be bothered to invest in testing the software properly before putting it out to customers.

It's an entitlement mentality that unfortunately has been spreading like a cancer in modern society. We at A2A push back on feeling we're entitled to anything from a customer who is paying us. The customer is the king, and therefore we put products out to the public as if we are serving a king – you, our customer.

Scott.
A sound commercial policy in the long run, Scott. Some of us, old simmers, are like elephants, we remember...

I bought the Six just minutes after reading a post announcing it was out. Not impulsive buying, just that I know you after eleven years dealing with you. I also appreciate your updates of the older products I bought, as you refine your technology. So your thorough B-testing made you lose one month of my money.

On the other hand, I will wait a few months before going for a recently released aircraft which looks and sounds good to me, knowing that this company has released, in the past, products that needed multiple corrective patches and hides its support forums from non buyers. So I wait for the reviews and the inevitable SPs. Their policy makes them lose 4 to 6 months of my money.

Thanks to the whole team, including Scott Gentile :) ! Already 12 hours on the Hobbs...
Dominique
i7-4770 /Nvidia 1080 and MSFS
Proud ownerin FS9 of the P-47 and P-51, in FSX/P3D of the Piper Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, P-40, P-51 civ., Texan, Boeing Stratocruiser, Cessna Skylane and in MSFS of the Comanche

G-BJPS
Master Sergeant

Post by G-BJPS »

Thank you very much A2A, and all involved!
I first discovered you guys just 2 years ago when looking into FSX and getting a PC.
It quickly came apparent to me that you are the best in the business, not only from your products, but also the community here.
It soon became my main source of info and help towards getting into flight simulation , and expanding my knowledge into aviation.

I also immediately recognised the great community here and outstanding customer service......plus the forum design is nice, and uncluttered, and just looks better than other forums!!
This is my home for sure.

The amount of aviation knowledge I've gained in the last 2 years is unbelievable! I could talk to people for hours about it, and when I recently spoke to some Instructor's at my local airport, they asked how long I'd been flying and what ratings etc!
And when they showed me a Piper and a Cessna it's thanks to you A2A that I found it frighteningly familiar, just like looking at the back of my own hand. I honestly felt like I could easily jump in take off and land on my own!

I knew nothing at all about T6's 2 weeks ago, and thanks to you and the mind boggling amount of info here, I feel myself and other simmers could quite comfortably fit in, in a room full of real pilots!
It's a wonderful aircraft and I wish I'd descoverd them sooner.

It's so refreshing to have a company such as yourselves, in fact I'm sure your the only one.
Keep up the good work.
Thank you.

John.
Cub. Cherokee. C182. Comanche 250. Spitfire. T-6. B-17. B377. Connie

Ian Warren
Senior Master Sergeant
Location: EX- Christchurch now called "Wobblyville" New Zealand

Post by Ian Warren »

I'd like to thank all the involved, A2A never fails, the Harvard/Texan .. superb choice and effort 8)

eker
Senior Airman

Post by eker »

Thank A2A for patiently waiting (and losing money) until it was perfect.
Thank you beta team.

An extremely rewarding learning curve for starting - takeoff and not to mentioned landing rollout! (Getting better without frustrating)
T-6 is both easy and difficult.

Thanks again for selecting T-6 -guys.
A million GB of thumbs up!!!!
:D :D

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

Scott,

Your comments reveal the reasons why A2A has such a loyal following and has become the premier flight sim software developer. Your leadership is obvious and without that leadership it would be impossible to put together a team of the caliber at A2a. You deserve the success you have achieved and the respect I believe all of us have for A2A.

Vince
Last edited by dvm on 01 Apr 2016, 09:29, edited 1 time in total.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
My only regret with A2A aircraft i have purchased , is WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG .
I only recently started as a customer , when i needed a good c172 for my P2 exam , in the virtual airline i fly for , all i can say is ,WELL DONE A2A staff , your aircraft are now high on my list , and in my estimation one of the best , long may you raign supreme .
regards alan . 8) :D
Proud owner of the C172/182/Comanche 250/T-6 texan.

Mikenor
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mikenor »

Best team in the business by a mile, no one comes close

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

spacejunkee
Staff Sergeant

Post by spacejunkee »

Thank you A2A team for all that you do to keep us engrossed and immersed in the best P3D/FSX simulations. You all truly do masterful work, we the community are lucky to have a company that works this way.

Customer and supporter for life here. 8)
PC SPECS: Win 11 PRO | AOC 34" Ultra Wide Curved |
Intel 13700KF CPU | G.SKILL Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 6800 2x16GB 34-45-45-108 |
ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 4070 Ti OC | 2 x Samsung 980 PRO M.2 2TB Gen 4 X4

cbbonus
Airman Basic

Post by cbbonus »

A2A is like the Apple Inc of flight simulation. I will always be a loyal customer! thank you to everyone involved in the creation of your products, Your hard work shows in every one of your airplanes and that is what separates you guys from the others.

awash2002
A2A ACE

Post by awash2002 »

Scott you and your team have once again raised the bar with this outstanding T6 Texan

fsimmer98
Airman

Post by fsimmer98 »

Scott - A2A wrote:I wanted to again publicly thank the T-6 beta team lead, Oskar Wagner and the entire team for the long and exhaustive beta testing that was done on the T-6 prior to release.

It would be much easier for us to just release products a month or so earlier with less testing, and just put out large patches post release. It costs less and is actually much more profitable but it comes on the backs of the customer. Unfortunately this has become a practice for a lot of the software industry. Yet many customers misread this practice of a software company using the public as beta testers and releasing several frequent and large post release patches as a company being dedicated to their customers. When in fact, it's nothing more than a company that can't be bothered to invest in testing the software properly before putting it out to customers.

Thank you A2A.

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan"”