The world's most popular advanced trainer of WWII
JoeS475
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: The repaint request thread

Post by JoeS475 »

Ian Warren wrote:
JoeS475 wrote:
addman wrote:How about some exotic ones?:

Great picture, never realized the Thai's used Helldivers! What is that plane between the Texan and the Helldiver? Has a real long canopy, like a torpedo bomber of some type...

Joe
"long canopy, like a torpedo bomber" That is a Fairey Firefly used in Korea by the Royal Navy, then course become Thai hand me downs 8)
Ahh thanks Ian! I even looked up the Firefly when I was trying to figure it out, and the ones I saw had more of a shark fin tail and a bubble on the canopy, so I disregarded it. I just looked again, deeper this time, and sure enough this more T-6-like tail and a flatter canopy was to be seen on some examples...

Cool stuff!

Joe
Joe

T6flyer
Staff Sergeant

Post by T6flyer »

JoeS475 wrote:
Ahh thanks Ian! I even looked up the Firefly when I was trying to figure it out, and the ones I saw had more of a shark fin tail and a bubble on the canopy, so I disregarded it. I just looked again, deeper this time, and sure enough this more T-6-like tail and a flatter canopy was to be seen on some examples...

Cool stuff!

Joe
Little off topic I know, but as per the T-6 there were a few different Firefly models. The one with the bubble canopy etc might be the AS.7?

Off to see if have any Thai T-6 photos now......

Martin

NeverMiss51
Airman

Post by NeverMiss51 »

Do you think somone could paint a T-6 to look like the P-51, "Never Miss"? That would be cool :-)
The "YellowJackets", P-51's of the 361st Fighter Group, 8th Air Force

P-51 CIV/MIL Comanche T-6 TEXAN

KotatehFox
Senior Airman

Post by KotatehFox »

I was wondering if someone would be willing to make me a repaint for the texan, what im looking for is a blue and white setup, top being blue and along the belly being white, along with part of the underside of the wings, the tail would go into white similar to that of a fox tail, i plan on using it as a charter airline theme, i chose foxes because i really do like foxes and blue is my favorite color, i would like to have the name "Kota Fox" where the pilot sits just under the glass in white, as far as tail number goes, i would like it to be N6314K as this day has special meaning to me..also being painted up mostly as a warbird i would like to keep a bit of that military feel to it..would mean alot to me to have this done, i appreciate it
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

MeTriX
Airman Basic

Post by MeTriX »

Almost done. VH-WWA. Built in 1942, ex 41-16716 US Army Air Force, FAP0106 Paraguayan Air Force, N6069H.

awash2002
A2A ACE

Post by awash2002 »

Can someone do some T6's in Reno Air Race paints like race 5 Big Red

Bomber_12th
Technical Sergeant

Post by Bomber_12th »

Here are some work in progress shots of a repaint of Bruce Olson's AT-6G, which is based at Flying Cloud airport in Minnesota. This is another in the series of the Minnesota "T-6 Thunder" Texans (consisting of 14 Texans, 25 pilots) - the others done so-far include the "Craig Field" N85696 repaint I did (also based at Flying Cloud) and the default product paint scheme N7083C, which is based at Lake Elmo, MN. Bruce Olson is pretty much the leader of the "T-6 Thunder" group, and he puts about 140 hrs on this aircraft every year, flying every Wednesday from April till the fall (usually leading formations with other T-6 Thunder guys).

Last edited by Bomber_12th on 30 Apr 2016, 16:00, edited 2 times in total.
John Terrell

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

Nice - had been hoping to see this one show up among the available Gitmos. Glad to see it's getting your full treatment. Looking forward to it.
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

Bomber_12th
Technical Sergeant

Post by Bomber_12th »

Thank you Alan! I've got Jim Beasley's Guantanamo-marked AT-6 "Six of Diamonds" also just about finished ("Pamela Marie's" stable mate).
John Terrell

homer339
Airman

Post by homer339 »

Hello,

This would be a awesome repaint 8) 8) 8) , anyone up for this challenge :lol:

Greets,

Homer

T6flyer
Staff Sergeant

Post by T6flyer »

Interesting aeroplane. Not sure where they got that font from or the '59620' but it's a AT-6D Texan fitted with a G canopy. Previously 42-44467 and then H-103 with the Belgian Air Force. After being demobbed saw service with Air France as F-BJBM and now F-AZRD.

Martin

homer339
Airman

Post by homer339 »

Interesting, thanks for the extra information. It's a beauty for sure. Like to hear the history of the T-6's. Found this http://bdd.deltareflex.com/cns_affiche.php?image=12611

Greets,

Homer

Bomber_12th
Technical Sergeant

Post by Bomber_12th »

I've collected a bunch of photos of that one (F-AZRD), with the intention of eventually doing it if no one else gets around to it. The nose art on it is artwork by the fantastic French artist Romain Hugault, who does a lot of WWII-themed aircraft and pinup illustration, as well as other vintage-inspired work in his own style: http://romain-hugault.blogspot.com/

He has also done the poster work for a number of the warbird airshows in the UK and Europe, including Flying Legends and La Ferte Alais.
John Terrell

Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Post by Al FR-153 »

Work In Progress

Coming soon...
Al Heline

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Al FR-153 wrote:Work In Progress

Coming soon...
Oh nice. Stars and Stripes. Good airshow paint!

Thanks
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan"”