rsvette12
Airman

Re: Finished Repaints

Post by rsvette12 »

mangotango wrote:
Alan_A wrote:
mangotango wrote:WIP
N9883C is getting close to completion.
But I'll take it as is - looking forward to it.
I will try to do anything you want. I have already the "orange" parh so why not continue with the red star/ stars. I have seen one pic showing the red star...
Do you have any more detailed pics?
Any heads up you can give me on release of N9883C - thanks :)

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

mangotango wrote: I will try to do anything you want. I have already the "orange" parh so why not continue with the red star/ stars. I have seen one pic showing the red star...
Unfortunately not. Actually I hadn't known anything about the aircraft 'til you posted your WIP version. My only source is the internet, which only seems to provide that one photo.

Here's a higher-res version of it.

The star is no longer in evidence as of the 2015 CAF Warbirds on Parade show (scroll down or search on the tail number). Maybe the decal blew off, or maybe the owner thought better of it. So if you're aiming for a current or near-current version, the star shouldn't be there.

You're probably well ahead of me on sources, but for what it's worth, also from Warbirds on Parade, here's a right-side taxi view and here's a right-side takeoff view.

Again, no need to go overboard on my requests - if they're easy and you want to do variants, that's fine, but if they're hard and/or you don't, no worries. I'm grateful that you found the airplane and painted it at all.
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

mangotango
Airman First Class

Post by mangotango »

Alan_A wrote:
mangotango wrote: I will try to do anything you want. I have already the "orange" parh so why not continue with the red star/ stars. I have seen one pic showing the red star...
Unfortunately not. Actually I hadn't known anything about the aircraft 'til you posted your WIP version. My only source is the internet, which only seems to provide that one photo.

Here's a higher-res version of it.

The star is no longer in evidence as of the 2015 CAF Warbirds on Parade show (scroll down or search on the tail number). Maybe the decal blew off, or maybe the owner thought better of it. So if you're aiming for a current or near-current version, the star shouldn't be there.

You're probably well ahead of me on sources, but for what it's worth, also from Warbirds on Parade, here's a right-side taxi view and here's a right-side takeoff view.

Again, no need to go overboard on my requests - if they're easy and you want to do variants, that's fine, but if they're hard and/or you don't, no worries. I'm grateful that you found the airplane and painted it at all.
Ok this makes it interesting and now we are up to 3 versions. 1 with without Orange and no covered star, one with star and one (last) with orange and a covered star... So I'm aiming for 3 versions! :-)
Then as suggested I will try doind some cool stuff with the flights suit and helmet!è
Carl and his late father is worth any work I do to create this N9883C virtual version.

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

@mangotango - wonderful! Take your time. But I'll reserve some extra hangar space and get ready to tear up the Maryland countryside in her... them... you know what I mean... 8)

DN_Costa
Airman Basic

Post by DN_Costa »

PT-KSZ

DOWNLOAD

LeandroPinheiro
Airman

Post by LeandroPinheiro »

Great repaint!!

Wonderful tribute to José Angelo Simioni!

Thanks man!
Last edited by LeandroPinheiro on 09 Apr 2016, 18:19, edited 1 time in total.

Navy Doc
Airman

Post by Navy Doc »

Lot's of great contributions in here, the " FINISHED REPAINTS "

So maybe less WIP screenshots and conversations in here.

Maybe start a new WIP thread.

Would be less cluttered and more organized.

Just a thought.
Last edited by Navy Doc on 09 Apr 2016, 18:53, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

I agree with you entirely all the thank you's and remarks just clutter the thread.

Cheers Chris

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

Fair enough. But even if there weren't extraneous comments, like some of the ones I've been guilty of, it's still hard to keep track of repaints, since not all of them get into the thread - they have their own threads, or are just posted on other sites with no mention here. So... probably a luxury request, but it'd be nice if at some future point A2A started hosting repaints the way some other developers do. As of now, the only really complete lists are the ones for the GA planes at freewarescenery.com, but there's nothing like that for the warbirds. Maybe A2A can consider creating its own library.

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Post by CAPFlyer »

mangotango wrote:Ok this makes it interesting and now we are up to 3 versions. 1 with without Orange and no covered star, one with star and one (last) with orange and a covered star... So I'm aiming for 3 versions! :-)
Then as suggested I will try doind some cool stuff with the flights suit and helmet!è
Carl and his late father is worth any work I do to create this N9883C virtual version.
Also, I'll note that the star hasn't been "covered up". What you see is the shadow from after it was removed. I think it finally got to the point where it just wouldn't stay on anymore. I'll see if I can get a chance next weekend to find where Carl's at and get some pics of the plane. Knowing it's now April, there's a half decent chance he'll be at Lancaster for lunch, otherwise, I might have to run up to AeroCountry (his home base) and see if I can catch him there.

NL451MG
Senior Airman

Post by NL451MG »

Alan_A wrote:Fair enough. But even if there weren't extraneous comments, like some of the ones I've been guilty of, it's still hard to keep track of repaints, since not all of them get into the thread - they have their own threads, or are just posted on other sites with no mention here. So... probably a luxury request, but it'd be nice if at some future point A2A started hosting repaints the way some other developers do. As of now, the only really complete lists are the ones for the GA planes at freewarescenery.com, but there's nothing like that for the warbirds. Maybe A2A can consider creating its own library.
There is one for the Texan http://www.freewarescenery.com/repaints/a2a-texan.html

seejay
Senior Airman

Post by seejay »

Thanks Jan for the RCAF Harvard. She's a beaut. Much appreciated :)
CJ.

Antonio Huergo
Airman

Post by Antonio Huergo »

So here they are

PT-KRC
Download link: https://mega.nz/#!gN4zSYJJ!tdwHUW4UvW4h ... xVDD_3uOuQ

PT-LDQ
Download link https://mega.nz/#!oZYGxbAA!L1Qbvzv1Gdoa ... FCt2CW7GYs

NOTE: I suggest using the WWII or Modified Canopy and NO ANTENNA to work correctly.
ImageImage

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

NL451MG wrote:There is one for the Texan http://www.freewarescenery.com/repaints/a2a-texan.html
Nice! Either it wasn't yet up last time I checked, or I just missed it. Great resource. Thanks for the link!

DaveWG
FSX Developer

Post by DaveWG »

Just uploaded to the SimOuthouse library (should be available soon):

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan"”