Finished Repaints

The world's most popular advanced trainer of WWII
T6flyer
Staff Sergeant

Re: Finished Repaints

Post by T6flyer »

Flieger-Marius wrote:Not doing fictionals, mate ;)
G-AZSC is one of the most well known Harvards in Europe and was in this scheme when owned by Pop Star Gary Numan for over 20 years. So good to see the scheme replicated. I've spent many a happy hour sat in the back of this very machine. A wonderful chap, one of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure to know and I sincerely mean it.

The aircraft was painted up in these markings as Gary and myself (in a supporting role) were both part of the Harvard Formation Team and it besides flying a formation display also played the part of the bad guy in our Pacific War Scenario with a Beech C-45 and three RAF marked Harvards. Nothing silly in it at all. Just a bit of fun. We at a later date had a TTT Zero replica, but this was passed onto the Hannas and Gary retained his Harvard until the Team was disbanded.

Best wishes,

Martin
Last edited by T6flyer on 05 Apr 2016, 16:39, edited 1 time in total.

mangotango
Airman First Class

Post by mangotango »

T6flyer wrote:
Flieger-Marius wrote:Not doing fictionals, mate ;)
G-AZSC is one of the most well known Harvards in Europe and was in this scheme when owned by Pop Star Gary Numan for over 20 years. So good to see the scheme replicated. I've spent many a happy hour sat in the back of this very machine. A wonderful chap, one of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure to know and I sincerely mean it.

Best wishes,

Martin
What an awesome story Martin! Now I definately will have that one in my hangar!!! :-)

T6flyer
Staff Sergeant

Post by T6flyer »

Japan did have T-6s and a variation of:

In 1937, the Japanese took delivery of a NA-37 (NA-16-4R) and obtained a licence to build a heavily modified version of the same aircraft, which became the K10W1. First built by Watanabe, it was later built by Nippon Hikoki (Kyushi) and 176 were delivered to the Imperial Japanese Navy between February 1943 and March 1944. It was given the Allied Recognition Code 'Oak'. None survived the war.

After the war, Japan took delivery of 260 different T-6s, mostly T-6Gs (175). Here is illustrated a SNJ-6. I personally have flown in a SNJ-5 which used to be operated by the Japanese Maritime Self Defence Force.

Martin

Flieger-Marius
Technical Sergeant

Post by Flieger-Marius »

Btw, next one is gonna be an "friendly" again. (Even though so heavily WIP I wouldn't usually post pictures here yet) 8)
Greets, Marius

EightyFiftyFive
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by EightyFiftyFive »

Flieger-Marius wrote:Btw, next one is gonna be an "friendly" again. (Even though so heavily WIP I wouldn't usually post pictures here yet) 8)
OH MAN! That one SUCKS TOO!!!! LOLOLOL J/K! I was going to do an OD paint, Well you beat me to it. Looks awesome man. I'll be sure to get that one.
Some of my repaint work (screens only)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/121556714@N07/albums

Flieger-Marius
Technical Sergeant

Post by Flieger-Marius »

crazac wrote: Nice one! This leading edge is close to what I'm going for on N7055K. My problem has been the front wing tip corner where the top and bottom maps come together. It's like knocked out teeth and I don't want to go around it. I'm stubborn :D
Yes the mapping there is a pain...
No idea if you know but here's a thing I learned with those edges:
I make them with a sharp brush tool, align transitions and only apply the blur after it was all aligned. That's the quickest way for me to get accurate blurry transitions (wing fuselage for example)
Last edited by Flieger-Marius on 05 Apr 2016, 17:47, edited 1 time in total.
Greets, Marius

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi Marius,

Now that you have "North American" section with the T6 on your website, do you plan to make any P51 repaints? Love your liveries by the way.

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

mangotango
Airman First Class

Post by mangotango »

Things starts to fall into place... Bits and pieces left...

T6flyer
Staff Sergeant

Post by T6flyer »

I do like T-6s in French Markings! :)

51-14915 was a T-6G of course and was delivered to the USAF on the 11 August 1952 and saw service at GoodFellow AFB, Texas before being despatched to France in December 1953. The paint scheme seems familiar, is this the one in the Museum at Le Bourget?

Martin

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

Hi Alan.
Please could you do a shiny English repaint like this one http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 8&start=15

Keep up the good repainting all of you.
Regards Chris
Alan the shiny one is further down this link.
Last edited by speedy70 on 05 Apr 2016, 19:27, edited 2 times in total.

mangotango
Airman First Class

Post by mangotango »

T6flyer wrote:I do like T-6s in French Markings! :)

51-14915 was a T-6G of course and was delivered to the USAF on the 11 August 1952 and saw service at GoodFellow AFB, Texas before being despatched to France in December 1953. The paint scheme seems familiar, is this the one in the Museum at Le Bourget?

Martin
Thanks Martin, me as well!
Oh I would love to get more history around the 14915 as it has rocket mounts... If it has a record of being in combat as example. I never found the dog emblem anywhere on the net so I had to create it from a very bad line art pic I found... If anyone finds more info about that I would be glad for letting me know.
Yes that's the one displayed at the museum.
;-)

crazac
Technical Sergeant

Post by crazac »

Flieger-Marius wrote:
crazac wrote: Nice one! This leading edge is close to what I'm going for on N7055K. My problem has been the front wing tip corner where the top and bottom maps come together. It's like knocked out teeth and I don't want to go around it. I'm stubborn :D
Yes the mapping there is a pain...
No idea if you know but here's a thing I learned with those edges:
I make them with a sharp brush tool, align transitions and only apply the blur after it was all aligned. That's the quickest way for me to get accurate blurry transitions (wing fuselage for example)
Yea, that is how I did it. It is the only way that makes sense. I have the hard lines dialed and sweet through there. I'll post a pic in the WIP thread later with a before and after. However, as soon as, the fade values spread, it got wacky. So, i'm just trying to balance how tight the gradients have to be. Same for the wing root and the stabilizer front root. Those 3 points have been the toughest. None the less, i'm weird and the struggle is fun for me. :mrgreen:

[Edit] I actually use the path tool to make the lines. This way I can be a tweaker :twisted: and can run any brush down the line if necessary. In this case tho, I've been making blocks of color and using masks for tuning.

Flieger-Marius
Technical Sergeant

Post by Flieger-Marius »

LZ-WIL wrote:Hi Marius,

Now that you have "North American" section with the T6 on your website, do you plan to make any P51 repaints? Love your liveries by the way.

Cheerz,
Will
Very nice try there :D
Nothing planned though for now, too many T6s, PA24s and C172s on the planing board at the moment.
Greets, Marius

zsoltfireman
Airman First Class

Post by zsoltfireman »

RAAF

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Flieger-Marius wrote: Very nice try there :D
Nothing planned though for now, too many T6s, PA24s and C172s on the planing board at the moment.
Roger that,

Thank you for your response sir. :wink:

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan"”