pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

T-6 Feedback

Post by pilottj »

Hey guys, another fantastic release!

Flight model top notch
Sounds top notch
Textures/modelling top notch.

Wonderful experience from start up to shutdown. I did my first flight at Edwards AFB so I would have a big runway in nice weather. My first landing was shaky and not pretty, but did not groundloop lol.

Anyway, a couple of minor suggestions;

AP bug? Turning on AP with GTN650 installed switches CDI source to VOR despite GTN CDI source and toggle switch selected to GPS. Shouldn't the CDI source be independent of the AP?
I like the hot-swappable gauge ASI. Could some of the other guages be hotswappable? Considering there are so many possibiltiies with all the T-6s out there, it is fun to customize your panel.

AI....Should there be an AI Cage knob to pull in an aerobatic aerplane? Suggestion, swappable for older style 'black background w white horizontal bar'...tho I am sure some talented repainters can fudge that.

DG swappable between standard DG, vintage horizontal DG, HSI(combined with RXP/GTN see below). The vintage horizontal DG, combined with the older style AI might give the cockpit a much more vintage look for those who prefer that style.

GTN/RXP suggestion, since these units have Com1/nav1 built in, would the KX155 units then be set to com2/nav2? Since there would be a nav2, perhaps some hotswap gauge option ala C182..DG becomes HSI, CDI becomes Nav2 or perhaps DG with CDI1 replacing Remote Compass, & CDI2 in current CDI location. I am sure you guys can figure out some ideas for CDI arrangments to work with a Nav2.

Audio panel w OMI indicators when RXP/GTN installed perhaps below the GPS unit, as CDI source no longer needed with RXP/GTN.

O2 I know the testbed planes might not have had O2 installed, tho conisidering the T-6 is quite capable of reaching hypoxic alititudes, could one of the O2 regulators from the fighters be brought into the T-6 for the time being?
External interactive preflight. I know this is a big undertaking, taking hundreds of photos of various parts in damaged states. I understand that would take a lot of time and effort. I have an idea for a Text based external preflight

How about something like this, you have a popup window, with prefilight pages...divided into the preflight areas...ie fuselage, tail, wing...etc.

The left hand page shows a list of items for that section, with a click able 'inspect'
ie:
Left Main Tire tread...........[inspect]

When [inspect] clicked, three possible colors appear checked or checked or checked. on the righthand side of the page, corresponding decriptions appear regarding the checked item. Ie Tire Tread appears normal, or Tire Tread appears light to moderate worn, or Tire Tread heavily worn, recommend replacment.

This might be a alot of unecessary work, but the preflight check has been a hallmark of the GA fleet, and would be awesome to have some kind of preflight check with the T-6 as well. Anyway, hope something like that could be considered.

Other that those things, I look forward to flying this plane many times and many enjoyable hours.

Cheers
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Moach
Airman First Class

Re: T-6 Feedback

Post by Moach »

since we're at it already, on the spirit of "asking for stuff": could we maybe have the option to have the "cage" type windshield and the "bubble" rear section of the canopy? I mean, like the arrangement seen here

that's easily my favourite config for the T6 canopy (bonus points if it had the "widescreen" side panels)

seeing the models are already there for swapping, could it not be made to allow the combinations too?

of course, just uber-nitpicking here -- she's an awesome bird and quite a treat to fly

congrats yet again on yet another masterpiece (it never ends, does it?)
To fly is to behold Men's ultimate mastery of the elements; Of eons dreamt, at last fulfilled;
Over cloud and top, the true realization of achievement voices out in wondrous awe:
"...Acknowledge my last transmission!", I think it says...

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

lol yeah those were just minor things, the plane is perfectly enjoyable as is. In fact the little AP CDI source 'bug' is actually kind of a benefit, being that you can use the CDI on the GPS for course tracking, while using the panel CDI to track VOR crossing radials, intersections and such.

I think my biggest priority out of the things mentioned would be O2....The AT-6 has a supercharger, would really love to take advantage of it, take it up to 16K or so and get some nice cruise speeds.

Cheers
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

stevekirks
Senior Airman

Post by stevekirks »

I'm struggling to find the fuel gauges unless the are set for "high" on the control panel. I tried to find a shot of them in manual and in my haste to fly, I left them at "high" for now. Anyone give me a tip there?

---
I'm concerned (in the best way) that I'm doing something wrong because I'm finding this pretty easy to fly. Once I got it started (two tries) things seem pretty easy. I did homework by watching Scott's intro video three times, and the ground maneuvering makes a lot of sense now that I can AccuFeel it in the sim. A couple of landings were actually easy, staying up on the mains and letting the speed bleed off, while dancing on the pedals.

Also the throttle movement speed is a tough compromise. I've got the Saitek throttle quadrant and its nearly impossible for me to move it from 600RPM to the 1000RPM position without a backfire or gap of sound silence. It's very likely the controller sensitivity.
---

I'm going to read the manual in depth now, but my customer to A2A feedback is that yes, it's another great plane. I feel like it's a real step up from the GA stuff for skills as if I was a "normal" pilot that got a chance to buy a T-6 of my own. I can fly it, but I'm learning a whole new way to fly.
Steve Kirks
KSGF
ImageImage

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

Saitek TPM module works engine controls no problem. Also Saitek Rudder Pedals a big help on the ground. Still using yoke instead of stick, Saitek trim wheel very sensitive. All and all super duper. No problems installing.
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

Tutmeister
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tutmeister »

Steve, the fuel gauges are in the same place just much lower down. Literally on the floor down the sides of the seat.
Chris
Owner of Fulcrum Simulator Controls
Spitfire Obsessive, GA Enthusiast.
https://www.fulcrumsim.com
https://www.facebook.com/fulcrumsimulatorcontrols

maxonly
Airman First Class

Post by maxonly »

I like your ideas. I do hope A2A will give us a cockpit with an authentic layout and gauges through a update. Not digging the GA gauges. That's just the purist in me talking. I bought it regardless though and lovin' it. :lol:

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

maxonly wrote:I like your ideas. I do hope A2A will give us a cockpit with an authentic layout and gauges through a update. Not digging the GA gauges. That's just the purist in me talking. I bought it regardless though and lovin' it. :lol:
We didn't recreate a historic aircraft as it existed in the 1940's, rather, we modeled the aircraft as it exists in today's world. I'm sorry as I wish we could give everyone what they want.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

tbaac
Technical Sergeant

Post by tbaac »

In the sim it seemed to make sense to me to leave the fuel gauges in the raised position.
It doesn't really matter and I doubt makes them much easier to see than where they are in the real world, in the real plane.
(It was either that or setup an EZDok view for each gauge, which seemed to be both a waste and a bit of a cheat....)

The Saitek quadrant worked fine for me once I'd calibrated it in FSX.

I love the Accu-Sim Spitfire, it is/was my favourite FSX plane.
But the gauges in the T6 are much easier to use I think.
ImageImageImage

MSFS, xplane 12.
5600x, 32GB ram, RX 6800XT, Windows 11.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Just did my maiden flight in the T6 and it is awesome. Very stable IFR platform. I understand that it is a reproduction of a specific airplane not an entire production line and I like it. Keep em coming Scott.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

maxonly
Airman First Class

Post by maxonly »

Scott - A2A wrote:
maxonly wrote:I like your ideas. I do hope A2A will give us a cockpit with an authentic layout and gauges through a update. Not digging the GA gauges. That's just the purist in me talking. I bought it regardless though and lovin' it. :lol:
We didn't recreate a historic aircraft as it existed in the 1940's, rather, we modeled the aircraft as it exists in today's world. I'm sorry as I wish we could give everyone what they want.

Scott.
You don't have to be sorry Scott :wink: . You guys deliver great work everytime. A2A is by far the best content creator for this industry. I compleetly understand the decisions you and the team have made.

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

Scott - A2A wrote:

Scott.

You guys have given us more than we could have ever dreamed possible for a 10 year old FS platform. I have already flown this plane a few hours today with a big grin on my face.

I totally understand that modelling variations, giving options...etc is so much easier said than done, especially in this hobby. In the end you just have to pick what works the best. I think I can speak for everyone, we are extremely grateful for these wonderful aircraft your team brings to us.

Cheers
TJ

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan"”