Heidi takes her "Six" out for a spin

The world's most popular advanced trainer of WWII
Antonio Huergo
Airman

Re: Heidi takes her "Six" out for a spin

Post by Antonio Huergo »

Ok, now I'm REALLY anxious to fly this beauty.
And I already have some plans to make some repaints for the T-6.
You guys really know how to make the best GA and Warbirds for Flight Simulator. Finally a good T-6 with all its features.
ImageImage

MustangL2W
Airman

Post by MustangL2W »

I have been patiently awaiting this since we talked at Oshkosh last year... Thank You for everything. (Except the torture of waiting to Fly it!!)

gulredrel
Master Sergeant

Post by gulredrel »

Nice surprise after being back from vacation.
Thanks for sharing the pics, Scott. Manual saved on the tablet.

Happy Easter!
Jens
"Give me a ping, Vasili. One ping only, please."

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

NL451MG wrote:
seaniam81 wrote:I'm not too sure how I'm going to break it to my P-51... but I'll be flying my Harvard all the time now.
Just have to find some way to let her know without hurting her feelings lol.
I look forward to the T6 too but I bet nothing will give me more a sense of accomplishment than a straight and smooth takeoff with a P51 ! Accomplishment not to say relief :mrgreen:
Dominique
i7-4770 /Nvidia 1080 and MSFS
Proud ownerin FS9 of the P-47 and P-51, in FSX/P3D of the Piper Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, P-40, P-51 civ., Texan, Boeing Stratocruiser, Cessna Skylane and in MSFS of the Comanche

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Dominique wrote:
NL451MG wrote:
seaniam81 wrote:I'm not too sure how I'm going to break it to my P-51... but I'll be flying my Harvard all the time now.
Just have to find some way to let her know without hurting her feelings lol.
I look forward to the T6 too but I bet nothing will give me more a sense of accomplishment than a straight and smooth takeoff with a P51 ! Accomplishment not to say relief :mrgreen:
Indeed, that is true. I've been practicing with the P-51.
One can hope that some of the new ground physics from the T-6 will trickle down to the other warbirds too, making them both easier and more difficult. :)
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

womil
Airman

Post by womil »

Happy Easter to all!

Can't wait the T-6. After long time a famous oldtimer like her will provide hundreds of hours of flying fun, especially in the superior quality of A2A.

The aircraft would be a nice Easter present. ;-)

Regards,
Wolfgang
ImageImage

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Dominique wrote:I look forward to the T6 too but I bet nothing will give me more a sense of accomplishment than a straight and smooth takeoff with a P51 ! Accomplishment not to say relief :mrgreen:
That's true. I've been practicing a lot with the P-51 recently and every once in a while I still screw the takeoff up completely. And a nice gentle touchdown is also quite challenging in the Mustang I must say!

But now that we get a real world trainer maybe the Mustang will be easier to handle :roll:
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

G-BJPS
Master Sergeant

Post by G-BJPS »

Thanks for the pics, and the manual ! :D
Really looking forward to meeting her now!

I must admit when it was first announced I wasn't exited at all, and shamefully wouldn't have been able to name one if it was right in front of me! :roll:

I knew nothing at all about these birds, but have learned a great deal over the last few weeks, and even more so since reading the manual last night!
As soon as I saw the video and heard that engine :shock: I was sold!

Can't wait!

Now just the decision of where to first start off in FSX and start my T6 introduction and training, im thinking of Doncaster Robin Hood airport, nice uk2000 scenery, nice long runway! and very quiet, plus I can park her next to the Vulcan when I'm done :)

John.
Cub. Cherokee. C182. Comanche 250. Spitfire. T-6. B-17. B377. Connie

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

Medtner wrote:One can hope that some of the new ground physics from the T-6 will trickle down to the other warbirds :)
Hear, hear !

Can that be included in an Accusim update or does it need a special coding specific to the aircraft is the question !
Dominique
Proud ownerin FS9 of the P-47 and P-51, in FSX/P3D of the Piper Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, P-40, P-51 civ., Texan, Boeing Stratocruiser, Cessna Skylane and in MSFS of the Comanche

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

It's out! Utterly outly out! :-D
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

flo76
Senior Airman

Post by flo76 »

Medtner wrote:It's out! Utterly outly out! :-D
What the t6 is out ? ☺
Florent DUFAY

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

flo76 wrote:
What the t6 is out ? ☺
Indeed it is! Happy day! :-D
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway

flo76
Senior Airman

Post by flo76 »

Medtner wrote:
flo76 wrote:
What the t6 is out ? ☺
Indeed it is! Happy day! :-D
thanks a lot for your fast reply i have wait for this beauty since 4days :) happy flight for you :)
Florent DUFAY

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

Piper_EEWL wrote:
Dominique wrote: But now that we get a real world trainer maybe the Mustang will be easier to handle :roll:
Or the other way around, after flying the temperamental Mustang for a few years, after two hours on the Hobbs meter of the Texan, I find she is a peach to fly :D !
Dominique

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Dominique wrote:
Piper_EEWL wrote:
Dominique wrote: But now that we get a real world trainer maybe the Mustang will be easier to handle :roll:
Or the other way around, after flying the temperamental Mustang for a few years, after two hours on the Hobbs meter of the Texan, I find she is a peach to fly :D !
Yes she is. But I have to admit I groundlooped trying to turn into a taxiway :mrgreen:
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan"”