T6 coming soon

The world's most popular advanced trainer of WWII
spadjockey
Senior Master Sergeant

T6 coming soon

Post by spadjockey »

Last edited by spadjockey on 24 Mar 2016, 08:11, edited 2 times in total.

awash2002
A2A ACE

Re: T6 coming soon

Post by awash2002 »

Can't wait but my question is what model T6 is it is it a G or a earlier version?

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

awash2002 wrote:Can't wait but my question is what model T6 is it is it a G or a earlier version?
The T6 we used for our actual flight testing is a G.
Dudley Henriques

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

DHenriquesA2A wrote:
awash2002 wrote:Can't wait but my question is what model T6 is it is it a G or a earlier version?
Dudley Henriques
Since you're "here", Dudley, could you shed some light on the difference between a T-6 and an AT-6? I've heard those names mixed together. Kermit Weeks flies a T-6D, but calls it an AT-6.
I'm a bit confused. :)
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Medtner wrote:
DHenriquesA2A wrote:
Dudley Henriques
Since you're "here", Dudley, could you shed some light on the difference between a T-6 and an AT-6? I've heard those names mixed together. Kermit Weeks flies a T-6D, but calls it an AT-6.
T6 is simply pilot slang for the AT6 (AT meaning advanced trainer). The letter after the number simply designates the version. There were enough versions of this aircraft to choke a horse and we have listed most all of them and their differences in the extensive manual provided with the airplane. As North American built the AT6 and changes to the airplane were suggested by the military and the overseas sales department, if the change was major, NA simply assigned the upgrade or change a new letter designation.
DH

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Medtner wrote: Since you're "here", Dudley, could you shed some light on the difference between a T-6 and an AT-6? I've heard those names mixed together. Kermit Weeks flies a T-6D, but calls it an AT-6.
"DHenriquesA2A"]
T6 is simply pilot slang for the AT6 (AT meaning advanced trainer). The letter after the number simply designates the version. There were enough versions of this aircraft to choke a horse and we have listed most all of them and their differences in the extensive manual provided with the airplane. As North American built the AT6 and changes to the airplane were suggested by the military and the overseas sales department, if the change was major, NA simply assigned the upgrade or change a new letter designation.
DH
Thanks! That is what I suspected. It's almost a bit like the Cherokee in that regard.

Look forward to reading the manual - hopefully a bit of history in there as well! :)
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Medtner wrote:
Medtner wrote: Since you're "here", Dudley, could you shed some light on the difference between a T-6 and an AT-6? I've heard those names mixed together. Kermit Weeks flies a T-6D, but calls it an AT-6.
"DHenriquesA2A"]
DH
Thanks! That is what I suspected. It's almost a bit like the Cherokee in that regard.

Look forward to reading the manual - hopefully a bit of history in there as well! :)
A bit? :-)) You'll be amazed at what was done with the manual. A tremendous amount of work went into the AT6 Manual. It's one of the most extensive ever released, even by us. You'll have all the history you can handle trust me. Last time I checked the manual was 126 pages long.
DH

T6flyer
Staff Sergeant

Post by T6flyer »

The AT-6 became the T-6 in 1947 when the USAF was born and all previous training designations were grouped together with the T prefix.

Martin

The title T-6 now seems to be representative of any variant these days, including the AT-6s, the SNJs and the Harvards. To many people they all look and fly the same, when they are unique marques of the same family. But being something of a purist, I see each sub-type as different aeroplanes when of course they are banded by most as being T-6s.

The manual will give full details as to the various versions. A very comprehensive document indeed.

Martin
Last edited by T6flyer on 24 Mar 2016, 10:51, edited 1 time in total.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

DHenriquesA2A wrote:
A bit? :-)) You'll be amazed at what was done with the manual. A tremendous amount of work went into the AT6 Manual. It's one of the most extensive ever released, even by us. You'll have all the history you can handle trust me. Last time I checked the manual was 126 pages long.
DH
126 pages? :shock: I hope the manual will be released soon then so we have enough time to read throw them it before the plane is released :wink: :D
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Bruce Hamilton
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Bruce Hamilton »

Who reads manuals anyway, hands on experience is the best teacher. :mrgreen:

EightyFiftyFive
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by EightyFiftyFive »

Starting at 20 seconds why is the tail wheel backwards as the plane starts taxing out?? I mean if it's a castor then it should of whipped around as soon as he started moving
Some of my repaint work (screens only)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/121556714@N07/albums

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

EightyFiftyFive wrote:Starting at 20 seconds why is the tail wheel backwards as the plane starts taxing out?? I mean if it's a castor then it should of whipped around as soon as he started moving
If the aircraft was pushed back as was the case here, when you begin taxiing forward the TW will remain in the reverse condition until you either push the stick forward to release the steerable condition or start a turn that releases the TW . Actually the best way to do this is to pop the stick forward and S the plane a bit. That usually will release the TW and reset to the forward condition.
DH

EightyFiftyFive
Senior Master Sergeant

rgr roger! :P

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

EightyFiftyFive wrote:rgr roger! :P
Getting that TW reset after a push back is considered an art form in the T6 community. BTW this is perfectly modeled in the A2A G version.
:-)
DH

EightyFiftyFive
Senior Master Sergeant

Nice! Looking forward to it. Have a nice little surprise for the community with this one and I'm not talking about another repaint, although that will be a small part of what I have in mind.

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan"”