Accu-Sim T-6 Texan "The Six" 15 minute VIDEO

The world's most popular advanced trainer of WWII
User avatar
Rimshot
Senior Airman
Posts: 159
Joined: 11 Mar 2009
Location: Groningen, The Netherlands

Re: Accu-Sim T-6 Texan "The Six" 15 minute VIDEO

Post Rimshot »

Awesome work guys! Finally a fantastic virtual version of my all time favourite classic bird :)
Cheers,
Bert

Intel i4790K, 8 GB RAM, MSI GTX 970, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

minibikerider
Airman
Posts: 33
Joined: 07 Jan 2015

Re: Accu-Sim T-6 Texan "The Six" 15 minute VIDEO

Post minibikerider »

When is it set for release?
ImageImage
ImageImage
Image

User avatar
LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant
Posts: 1358
Joined: 23 Jun 2015
Location: LBSF

Re: Accu-Sim T-6 Texan "The Six" 15 minute VIDEO

Post LZ-WIL »

Another beautiful aircraft from A2A! Thank you for sharing this cool presentation.

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

torejohs
Airman First Class
Posts: 97
Joined: 14 Mar 2010

Re: Accu-Sim T-6 Texan "The Six" 15 minute VIDEO

Post torejohs »

Looking forward to it! Hope someone makes a Norwegian paint soon, there are a couple T6's that are airshow regulars up here.
8)

Here are a few interesting videos on the Texan from Kermit Weeks using a Gopro strapped to his head. What do you guys think, will his sort of idiosychratic procedures work with the accusim bird?

Walkaround and cockpits: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFXOpLReNgg
Cockpit layout and startup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAHNnHBBJT8
Short flight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOmH6ZiEUXg

User avatar
Kilstorm
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 465
Joined: 08 Sep 2009

Re: Accu-Sim T-6 Texan "The Six" 15 minute VIDEO

Post Kilstorm »

km2727 wrote:If this video "barely scratches the surface", I can't wait to see what's under the skin. Another fantastic job by A2A !!!
Some of the new things I see yet to be described in the Ctrl+3 window prompt from the video is:

Hangared
Gauges Floor
Gear Lock Aid
Airspeed MPH (guessing this allows either MPH or Kts on the airspeed gauge)

Cant wait to see what Hangared features bring, perhaps keeps the oil warmer?!
All the others would be a foolish guess by me having never spent anytime near this plane.
i7-3820 OC 4.7 |P9X79 LE | 16GB DDR3/2133MHz Corsair Vengeance | EVGA GTX 680 2GB | 480 GB Intel SSD | Window7 64 Pro | Liquid Cooling Kit 360MM w/ Triple Fan powered by Koolance

BrettT
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 262
Joined: 04 Aug 2015

Re: Accu-Sim T-6 Texan "The Six" 15 minute VIDEO

Post BrettT »

Perhaps since the first T-6 prototype took to the skys on April 1st, 1935.....an anniversary release by A2A would be appropriate. I am of course completely speculating/wishing.

User avatar
Medtner
Master Sergeant
Posts: 1246
Joined: 30 Sep 2013
Location: Arendal, Norway
Contact:

Re: Accu-Sim T-6 Texan "The Six" 15 minute VIDEO

Post Medtner »

torejohs wrote:Looking forward to it! Hope someone makes a Norwegian paint soon, there are a couple T6's that are airshow regulars up here.
8)

Here are a few interesting videos on the Texan from Kermit Weeks using a Gopro strapped to his head. What do you guys think, will his sort of idiosychratic procedures work with the accusim bird?

Walkaround and cockpits: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFXOpLReNgg
Cockpit layout and startup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAHNnHBBJT8
Short flight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOmH6ZiEUXg
I have watched Kermit's videos many times and done some reading about his procedures. As for the starting up in coarse pitch it wasn't mentioned in the video, but it was clearly visible in the start-up that the propeller control was all the way back - and it was idling at 400 (as Kermit is doing) until setting towards fine pitch. The vibrations are probably noticeable - Scott is mentioning them, as is Kermit (in referencing the "engine bogging down").

He is doing a bit more MP during the takeoff - 35-36, but that seems to be normal: all kinds of different procedures are practiced around the world. I hope "our" T-6 also lack the MP-governor stop that hinders over-boosting. I find that "primitiveness" a big part of the charm of the P-40.

I can only hope that the short preview was intentionally saving the walk around for another video - one of the things I miss with the older warbirds. :)

Edit:

Kermit also shows the snap roll that Scott was talking about. You see the first one doesn't quite make it, just as shown in the T-6 preview.
Last edited by Medtner on 24 Mar 2016, 08:32, edited 1 time in total.
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

NeverMiss51
Airman
Posts: 32
Joined: 24 Mar 2016

Re: Accu-Sim T-6 Texan "The Six" 15 minute VIDEO

Post NeverMiss51 »

So, technically, fighter Pilots in the 40's were trained to fly the T-6 Before the P-51. So, all of us who have tonnes of hours already in the P-51, this one "should" be easier to fly....technically...right 8)

It looks amazing. I can SMELL the airplane watching that video!
The "YellowJackets", P-51's of the 361st Fighter Group, 8th Air Force

Image
Image

P-51 CIV/MIL Comanche T-6 TEXAN

User avatar
Medtner
Master Sergeant
Posts: 1246
Joined: 30 Sep 2013
Location: Arendal, Norway
Contact:

Re: Accu-Sim T-6 Texan "The Six" 15 minute VIDEO

Post Medtner »

BrettT wrote:Perhaps since the first T-6 prototype took to the skys on April 1st, 1935.....an anniversary release by A2A would be appropriate. I am of course completely speculating/wishing.
That is not a bad bet, but it is soooooo far into the future. It want/need the Accusim T-6 yesterday. :)
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

User avatar
Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant
Posts: 4232
Joined: 26 Nov 2014
Location: Germany

Re: Accu-Sim T-6 Texan "The Six" 15 minute VIDEO

Post Piper_EEWL »

BrettT wrote:Perhaps since the first T-6 prototype took to the skys on April 1st, 1935.....an anniversary release by A2A would be appropriate. I am of course completely speculating/wishing.
Judging on previous products from the time that elapsed between the release of the video and the release of the product I think this is a very valid assumption :wink:
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant
Posts: 2178
Joined: 15 Mar 2016

Re: Accu-Sim T-6 Texan "The Six" 15 minute VIDEO

Post alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Beutiful looks like yet another fine aircraft from A2A , i wonder what will be next after this aircrafts release , maybe a good twin GA hint hint.
Regards alan. 8)
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
AKar
A2A Mechanic
Posts: 4418
Joined: 26 May 2013

Re: Accu-Sim T-6 Texan "The Six" 15 minute VIDEO

Post AKar »

I wasn't originally that interested in T-6, but after all: this one is A2A quality, and as I'm interested to study the radials from the yesteryear, this will be an excellent reason and opportunity to get started! :) Looking the video, I'm certainly going to love the challenge of handling the beast too!
Medtner wrote:As for the starting up in coarse pitch it wasn't mentioned in the video, but it was clearly visible in the start-up that the propeller control was all the way back
This is an interesting thing to begin with! Technically speaking, in your regular GA single, the position of the prop lever makes no difference to the propeller pitch during ground idling nor for the engine start as the propeller is spring-loaded towards fine pitch. It also doesn't affect the oil flow into or out of the engine, obviously.

In T-6, on the other hand, it appears the propeller is not spring-loaded at all. I believe this is typical to the radials (as it is to the large turboprops). At speed, the centrifugal effects on the counterweights installed in the hub twist them towards coarse pitch, while the governor oil pressure (together with the natural centrifugal pitching effect on the blades) works towards fine pitch (opposite to a regular GA single). When the propeller turns during idling after the landing, and the propeller is pulled to low RPM, the oil pressure is released from the hub, and the counterweights pull the prop to coarse pitch. This allows the oil from the hub to be returned into circulation, apparently, I'd figure to justify such a procedure, it is a significant portion of the oil, if nothing else, for determining the quantity. When shut down, as there is no spring to return the blades to the fine stops, they remain at indefinite position, likely at around coarse pitch stop.

Starting the engine with the prop lever at back apparently allows to keep the governor from pulling the oil from the engine during startup to push the blades to the fine pitch stops where it would like them to be.

-Esa
Let me imagine what is impossible - and then do it.

Antonio Huergo
Airman
Posts: 36
Joined: 05 Jun 2014
Location: Curitiba, Parana, Brazil

Re: Accu-Sim T-6 Texan "The Six" 15 minute VIDEO

Post Antonio Huergo »

Definetly amazing!
The Esquadrilha da Fumaca livery was a big surprise for me. Loved it!
I'm very anxious to fly this beauty.
Just a question: is it possible to remove the spinner?
ImageImage
Image

User avatar
bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant
Posts: 1779
Joined: 17 Aug 2008
Location: South Wales

Re: Accu-Sim T-6 Texan "The Six" 15 minute VIDEO

Post bladerunner900 »

Nice. Will definitely be getting this one. :D No more boring GA for me, from now on. :P
"Patience young Grasshopper!"
Image
& all the others. System Spec

torejohs
Airman First Class
Posts: 97
Joined: 14 Mar 2010

Re: Accu-Sim T-6 Texan "The Six" 15 minute VIDEO

Post torejohs »

AKar wrote:I wasn't originally that interested in T-6, but after all: this one is A2A quality, and as I'm interested to study the radials from the yesteryear, this will be an excellent reason and opportunity to get started! :) Looking the video, I'm certainly going to love the challenge of handling the beast too!
Medtner wrote:As for the starting up in coarse pitch it wasn't mentioned in the video, but it was clearly visible in the start-up that the propeller control was all the way back
This is an interesting thing to begin with! Technically speaking, in your regular GA single, the position of the prop lever makes no difference to the propeller pitch during ground idling nor for the engine start as the propeller is spring-loaded towards fine pitch. It also doesn't affect the oil flow into or out of the engine, obviously.

In T-6, on the other hand, it appears the propeller is not spring-loaded at all. I believe this is typical to the radials (as it is to the large turboprops). At speed, the centrifugal effects on the counterweights installed in the hub twist them towards coarse pitch, while the governor oil pressure (together with the natural centrifugal pitching effect on the blades) works towards fine pitch (opposite to a regular GA single). When the propeller turns during idling after the landing, and the propeller is pulled to low RPM, the oil pressure is released from the hub, and the counterweights pull the prop to coarse pitch. This allows the oil from the hub to be returned into circulation, apparently, I'd figure to justify such a procedure, it is a significant portion of the oil, if nothing else, for determining the quantity. When shut down, as there is no spring to return the blades to the fine stops, they remain at indefinite position, likely at around coarse pitch stop.

Starting the engine with the prop lever at back apparently allows to keep the governor from pulling the oil from the engine during startup to push the blades to the fine pitch stops where it would like them to be.

-Esa
Check shutdown procedure here, this guy at least explains that he runs it at 1500 rpm for a while to scavange oil, then the'll pull the prop back to fill the prop's oil cylinder to prevent rust. I'm assuming he's talking about the guvernor?
https://youtu.be/ZOmH6ZiEUXg?t=14m55s

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan"”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests