Accu-Sim T-6 Texan "The Six" 15 minute VIDEO

The world's most popular advanced trainer of WWII
speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Accu-Sim T-6 Texan "The Six" 15 minute VIDEO

Post by speedy70 »

So in about a weeks time we will have it!!!!!

Cheers Chris

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

"The Six" looks like it going to be a lot of fun guys, and a real handful too! :) The video is taken in P3D I guess? Why do you do this to me? Just when I think I'll stick with FSX-SE for a bit longer, I see that beautiful self-shadowing in that cockpit. :twisted: The attention to detail on the instrument panel coaming is also something which also really stood out to me in the vid.

And that view down over the nose... It almost looks like there's a heat refraction effect looking through the cowl flaps! :shock:

Lookin' good fellas!
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

YES!!!!! Can't wait for the warbirds update as well. It will be nice to add the gtn650 to the p51c
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

Nick M wrote:The video is taken in P3D I guess? Why do you do this to me? Just when I think I'll stick with FSX-SE for a bit longer, I see that beautiful self-shadowing in that cockpit. :twisted:
Cockpit self-shadowing is possible in FSX:SE under DX10 if the developers decide to include it. I get it in the recent A2A GA's - the Comanche, for example. Not sure which this was - was trying to judge by the water and the lighting in general - but if it's the cockpit shadows you're after, you might be OK in SE.
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Wow! I know this will be a fantastic success! Gotta love a nice big radial engine! :-D

I look forward to reading the manual and get prepared. :-D
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Kilstorm
Technical Sergeant

Post by Kilstorm »

Theres not many tandem dual control sim planes out there is there? I personally have yet to see one but dont do a lot of warbird flying. This might be a sim right if so. It would be nice to have an optional front seat pilot or not much like Heidi in the Cub because that would give a real sense of what its like to pilot from the rear seat with the added head obstruction in the way but as an option you can determine if you want someone there or not or fly front or rear.
i9-13900K O/C | ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | 32GB DDR5 6000MHz Kingston FURY | RTX 4090 24GB | 2x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 990 PRO) 1x SSD (4TB Samsung 870 EVO) | Windows 11 Home | H20: HydroLux PRO:HardLine Tubing| 1000w PSU

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Alan_A wrote:Cockpit self-shadowing is possible in FSX:SE under DX10 if the developers decide to include it. I get it in the recent A2A GA's - the Comanche, for example. Not sure which this was - was trying to judge by the water and the lighting in general - but if it's the cockpit shadows you're after, you might be OK in SE.
Thanks Alan. Yes, I do use the DX10 fixer and self-shadowing in FSX-SE but the effects in P3D seem that little bit more sophisticated. I'm sure it's P3D in the vid by the way. What I mistook for 'heat blurring' looking through the cowl is the P3D 'environmental reflection' effect or whatever it's called if I'm not mistaken. It looks good! :)

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

km2727
Airman First Class

Post by km2727 »

If this video "barely scratches the surface", I can't wait to see what's under the skin. Another fantastic job by A2A !!!
Kevin D. Murray Sr.
Image Image Image

N324JK
Staff Sergeant

Post by N324JK »

I used to fly out of Waukegan, and I've seen that Texan fly in several local airshows. To say I got chills when I first saw it in the video, and then again when the sim version came in, would be an understatement.

There's only one response I can imagine having when this bird is announced for sale:

Once again, outstanding job by the A2A team, I can't wait to fly this thing!
Jon K.
Image Image Image ImageImage

Neon
Technical Sergeant

Post by Neon »

You know, I don't think I've ever seen a more committed community to a company than
there is to A2A, and it's all down to the quality and the attention to detail.

Bravo to both!

YoYo
Staff Sergeant

Post by YoYo »

Crg!
http://yoyosims.pl/
W10, i9 9900K, RTX 3090, RAM32Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3200MHz, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] HP Reverb v2, VR fly only

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

This video makes an excellent case for a great Easter buy and plenty of Spring/Summer flying !

I've been rediscovering in P3D and flying the P-51 civ, the last few weeks, and I wonder how both aircraft compare, specially whether we find in the Texan all the "intricacies" of a Mustang take off :) ?
Kilstorm wrote:Theres not many tandem dual control sim planes out there is there? I personally have yet to see one .
The amazing L-39 jet trainer comes to mind.
Dominique
i7-4770 /Nvidia 1080 and MSFS
Proud ownerin FS9 of the P-47 and P-51, in FSX/P3D of the Piper Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, P-40, P-51 civ., Texan, Boeing Stratocruiser, Cessna Skylane and in MSFS of the Comanche

FlipS
Senior Airman

Post by FlipS »

francesco.doenz
Staff Sergeant

Post by francesco.doenz »

And for the newbies like me a very entertaining and interesting introduction

http://www.amazon.com/North-Americans-T ... ge_o03_s00

Easy to read and a nice mix of historical and technincal info!
And BTW, I wonder if the P-47 will get it's accusim updated thanks to the progress of the accusim of the T-6?

G-BJPS
Master Sergeant

Post by G-BJPS »

Congrats A2A! Once again, great work everyone!

Cant wait now, having watched video a few times :D

A few questions:
Great new Accu-Sim Audio!! I take it the bumping sound coming from the rear on take-off and landing roll, is the tail-wheel spinning around and knocking?

And do we hear new outside Accu-Sim audio too!?

I liked the smoke too! is this an option from the cockpit, or FSX/P3D effects?

Keep up the great work fellas!

J
Cub. Cherokee. C182. Comanche 250. Spitfire. T-6. B-17. B377. Connie

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan"”