Canopy glass

Lower weight plus greater power = higher performance
Dave_B
Airman

Canopy glass

Post by Dave_B »

Hi Guys..

Picked this up today after seeing some lovely screenshots of it over at SoH. What can I say other than I'm impressed!

One small issue I've found with it when flying in cloud..

What do you think?
ATB
Dave :)

Bomber_12th
Technical Sergeant

Re: Canopy glass

Post by Bomber_12th »

Could be an effect of the cockpit light being on.
John Terrell

Dave_B
Airman

Post by Dave_B »

I had no lights on John.. only the wing and fin lights. These were switched on using the panel switches.. not the L key. I'll try it again with no lights on.

EDIT: Tried again with no lights at all and the canopy still does this in denser clouds. I'm using REX E+OD/Soft Clouds.

ATB
DaveB:)

lucas
Staff Sergeant

Post by lucas »

This may be caused by a non standard material settings in the canopy. Do you have any other A2A plane to make a comparision by flying in the same conditions or even changing the plane when in dense clouds ?

Dave_B
Airman

Post by Dave_B »

I do indeed Lucas.. I've all the Aircraft Factory models. My Corsair is standard.. the Uhu had milky glass to start off with. A friend replaced his with the glass off the A2A Spitfire and this cured the problem. I used that quick fix too. I'll have a look at one of the others and see what happens;)
ATB

Dave_B
Airman

Post by Dave_B »

Tried the Corsair and it's fine. Didn't expect any problems with this as I fly it a lot anyway. Tried the Uhu which I rarely fly..

ATB

Dave_B
Airman

Post by Dave_B »

Oddly.. I see it on the A2A Strat too..

The freeware C97 is fine. For other comparisons.. the WBS Mustangs are also ok. My A2A Mustang is the old Shockwave model with FSX native patch and I no longer have that installed. I've tried a whole host of other models and they all display fine. The only ones doing this are the AF P-51H, AF He219 and the A2A Strat.
ATB
DaveB :)

Paul K
Technical Sergeant

Post by Paul K »

Dave, just a thought - what do mountains look like off in the far distance, in the haze ? Are they white too ? Serious question, honest. :)

rosariomanzo
Staff Sergeant

Post by rosariomanzo »

I've noticed a Small delay when loading The canopy texture in external view. At least on My PC. How could I tweak the canopy texture And which file should I modify?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9195I utilizzando Tapatalk
Ros

Dave_B
Airman

Post by Dave_B »

Paul K wrote:Dave, just a thought - what do mountains look like off in the far distance, in the haze ? Are they white too ? Serious question, honest. :)
Hello Mate..

As it happens.. mountains on the horizon can also look white.. like an eerie shadow if you will. This gradually clears the closer one gets. Do you have a solution by chance?
ATB

lucas
Staff Sergeant

Post by lucas »

It is because A2A is using some non-standard material settings on the glass. They allow to achieve very realistic shine on the canopy glass or instruments (Avro 504, Albatros Oeffag)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey Dave,

yes due to the modeling of the canopy this could occur under certain circumstances as the limitations of the engine for correct displaying of the advanced canopy modeling. Under default cloud conditions this doesn't tend to occur but it seems your third party clouds and the adjusted visibility you have can cause this affect and others as you noted with the mountains fighting for what should be rendered in which order.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Dave_B
Airman

Post by Dave_B »

Thanks Lucas/Lewis.

I've just dug the AF 504, Albatros and Anson out of hibernation and of the 3.. the Albatros glass also 'lights up'.. the other two are sound. Not sure what to say really. Whatever 'non standard' material these models are using for glass, it doesn't (IMHO) look any different (or better) than any other model I have in clear conditions. Never mind. I'm certainly not going back to the default clouds which are rubbish so I'll have to live with it.
ATB

Paul K
Technical Sergeant

Post by Paul K »

Dave_B wrote:
Hello Mate..

As it happens.. mountains on the horizon can also look white.. like an eerie shadow if you will. This gradually clears the closer one gets. Do you have a solution by chance?
ATB
No, I don't have a solution to it, I'm afraid - I was just wondering if the two problems are related.

Dave_B
Airman

Post by Dave_B »

Are you seeing white mountains on the horizon then? I think I've see this for as long as I can remember :lol:

As far as A2A's 'non standard' glass materials go.. I mean no disrespect in my comment so I hope none was taken. For unusual glass.. probably the best I've seen is from Alabeo.. in particular the R66Turbo. For lovely, clear, reflective glass.. the old Virtavia Sea King ranks among the best. All of these work fine with REX. I honestly don't see anything out of the ordinary with this non-standard material other than it shines in dense cloud. :wink:
ATB

new reply

Return to “P-51H "High Performance Mustang"”