Comanche Confusion

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Comanche Confusion

Post by bullfox »

Something has happened to the Comanche to get it confused over function inputs. My setup includes two Satak throttle quadrants, a Satak Yoke, Satak trim wheel, Satak rudder pedals, and Satak TPM system. Here's an example of the problem; the magnetos are on two switches on one of the throttle quadrants and that's how they are set up in the P3D 5.3 control setup screen, but the magnetos respond to control inputs from the yoke switches that do not appear in the P3D control set up screen, Some of the other controls are also working from the wrong inputs devices. Its as if the Comanche is confused by which control is which. The controls work correctly with all other aircraft. My system is up to date with the latest up dates from A2A and P3D 5.3. I suspect a sim connect problem but am not sure how to fix it.
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Comanche Confusion

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Steve,

Sounds like a conflict between different software which may be used for assigning your various controllers.

Are you using the Comanche Input Configurator, FSUIPC, SPADneXt or any other tools such as Saitek's own software for assigning axes and buttons on these devices?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

Nick,
Yes, a conflict between the Comanche input configurator and the P3D control set up was part of the problem. I fixed most of the conflicts. But I still get a simconnect error flag when I load the Comanche. As far as I can tell simconnect re starts, but there still seem to be some control problems.
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Apologies for the delayed response, but glad to hear you've mostly resolved the control conflicts. Are you still seeing aby specific control problems?

The SimConnect error message could be caused by the startup scenario being corrupted or demanding too much of the sim as it initialised, for example loading loading a complex add-on at a complex airport. Generally loading a simple, default aircraft with the default scenario is a good way to avoid these kind of issues.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”