Comanche 250 cockpit Sounds

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
yurirodin
Airman Basic

Comanche 250 cockpit Sounds

Post by yurirodin »

Hello,

When the engine is not running all the switch sounds and flap handle sounds are present, but as soon as I start the engine all cockpit switch sounds and flap handle sounds are silent. What is the fix for this please?
Thank you.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Comanche 250 cockpit Sounds

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello yurirodin,

So that we can help you to troubleshoot the issue, please can you give us a bit of background info. For example, which host sim are you using, and is the aircraft newly installed or have the Accu-Sim sounds played okay previously?

Also. could you give a little info on your audio setup such as how the speakers/headset is connected, and if it's the default Windows playback device?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

yurirodin
Airman Basic

Post by yurirodin »

I'm using P3D v5.2
I just installed the aircraft and they did play back properly, but this morning I loaded the plane and noticed I had no sounds in cockpit. I restarted the engine with CTRL-E and the sounds came back (after I posted here). I then shut the plane down and restarted the engine normally and everything was fine. I'm not sure how the sounds disappeared that one time. I'm using a USB microphone with a headphone jack for all my audio setups.
Thanks.
Yuri

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey Yuri,

the Accu-sim sounds will play through the system default sound device. So if you are using USB that could have been the issue if the USB wasnt initialised as sim load etc the sounds will be playing to a device that isn't detected, similar to setting the audio to play through speakers that are not present on the system.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

I've had a similar problem with P3D v5.2

Most of the time I fly with the speakers on my PC as the sound source. When I'd try to listen to ATIS the sound levels in P3D would drop to about 15% of where they'd been set. They'd come back up after about 30 seconds or so. First thing I do is click right on the little speaker symbol on the right side of the tool bar and select open volume mixer. That way I can access it by hitting [Alt]+[Tab] at any time while flying. Then, soon as the sim starts, I go to Options, Sound and change the setting "Default sound device" to "Speakers" for the first two options. (I don't have P3D going right now, so I'm working from memory, here. Usually there's no problem after that, but if something happens I can [Alt]+[Tab] to the volume mixer and figure out what's going on and maybe fix it.

Sometimes I fly with my headset and mic. I do the volume mixer thing, then select "Headset" for all three options in the Options, Sound menu.

Hope that helps.

Seeya
ATB

Archive88
Airman First Class

Post by Archive88 »

I have had the Comanche for several years and had no problem. I have not changed any setup. Using MS 10, FSX and have several Orbx scenery adds loaded. Using basic dual stereo HK speakers (as always...back 10 years).
But now have sound coming and going with my beloved Comanche...at least for the last few months. No real changes in any basic setup. Would like some assistance. Is this an FSX problem? I have made no changes to my FSX setup.
Appreciate the help.
-Archive88-

Archive88
Airman First Class

Post by Archive88 »

Hello folks:
Anybody out there for assistance?
Long time user of the A2A Comanche 250, but now have a sound problem with standard FSX install and standard speakers.
Archive88

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

please can I ask you start a new thread so we can help you troubleshoot your issue, rather than piggy backing on old potentially unrelated threads. Plus the new threads get our attention more than the older solved threads.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Archive88
Airman First Class

Post by Archive88 »

Thank you. Will do. I thought I was entering my concerns in line with earlier others. But...
Archive

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”