Piper Comanche Elevator trim don't work properly

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
eptar
Airman Basic

Piper Comanche Elevator trim don't work properly

Post by eptar »

I am a Prepar 3Dv5 user.
When I start the Piper Comanche in the simulator the elevator trim go automatically on full down. It's no possible to keep it in the neutral position neighter with the mouse or joystick's button nor with the mouse. I have reinstall the software but the problem is no resolved.
Thanks for any help

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Piper Comanche Elevator trim don't work properly

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi eptar and welcome to the A2A forums.

to help us get started with troubleshooting, please can you let us know what sort of hardware devices you're using for trim in P3Dv5 and whether they're assigned using the native P3D control settings or with third-party software such as FSUIPC. Please can you also let us know if you've used the Comanche Input configurator to assign trim to any hardware axes.

Please can you also confirm which aircraft loads in your default P3Dv5 scenario.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

eptar
Airman Basic

Post by eptar »

Hi, and thanks for your quickly answer.
The hardware is a joystick Thrustmaster Pilot.I have assigned two buttons for "trim down" and "Trim up". But it's also impossible to keep the trim neutral direct with the mouse in the 3D cockpit. The Trim is blocked in the position "full down".

eptar
Airman Basic

Post by eptar »

That's happened in all models !

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the info but please can you confirm how you're assigning buttons to trim up and trim down. Is it in P3D itself, or using another piece of software such as FSUIPC or the Comanche Input Configurator?

Also, which aircraft loads in your default P3Dv5 scenario? (i.e which one is shown in the revolving preview window when you first load the simulator?)

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

eptar
Airman Basic

Post by eptar »

Hi,

- The model in default is the Loockheed Martin F-35A .
- I assigned the buttons in the Comanche Input Configurator.
- I try also at the same time to assigned the commands in the Key assignments of PD3. Nothing has changed.
- I have also an unregistred version FSUIPC V6.0.12.
- When the Piper is active on the screen the trim's crank move automatically to full down.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
Enrique

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the additional information Enrique. Have you only assigned buttons to the "trim up" and "trim down" functions in the input configurator, or is there also a hardware axis assigned to "elevator trim" function which is the first item in the configurator listing?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

eptar
Airman Basic

Post by eptar »

Hi, Nick

I have resolved the problem!!!!

I have two device (joystick) : Thrustmaster PILOT and Thrustmaster QUADRANT. With the first I have assigned the buttons for the trimming.

In the Input Configurator, in he first row, was for the Elevator Trim this device DISABLED. I have simply changed the device to "QUADRANT: DISABLE".
Anyway, I can't understand why the system not allow the mouse to do her job and why the trim goes automatiycally down.

Thanks very much for your time and your help!

Regards,

Enrique

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Enrique,

Thanks for posting back with the update and happy to hear the problem is resolved.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”