Sound problem

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Sound problem

Post by bullfox »

After installing my new video card, Radeon RX 6800, I have lost sound on the Comanche and Cessna 182 while in the cockpit. External sound works ok and works in and out of the cockpit on the Cub. Not sure the new video card is the problem, but its the only thing that changed in my installation. We are running Win 10 and P3d5.2 HF1. Thanks for any help you can give.
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Re: Sound problem

Post by bullfox »

Also, same problem with he P-40
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

I redownloaded and reinstalled the P-40 but that did not solve the problem.

Les Parson
Staff Sergeant

Post by Les Parson »

Similar problem with the Bonanza in P3Dv4.5. It's periodic and the engine and environment sounds become muffled. This scenario occurs in what seems like competition with ATC comms from within the sim and/or Pilotedge (PE).

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

The ATC and voice are fine. Its the engine and cockpit sounds that are missing when in the cockpit.

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

OK, problem solved. Apparently it doe3s not matter what sound device P3D is set to, although I could be wrong about that. I tried every sound device in P3D with no luck. What matters is what sound device the computer system is set to in Win 10. I set that in the task bar to default sound device and I had sound in the cockpit.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

yes the Accu-sim sounds are a custom sound engine the P3D menu sound options do not apply to the Accu-sim sounds. By default they will play through the default windows sound device. You can change this via the add-ons op bar menu when loaded into the sim.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”