Avionics Not Functional

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
mcdonaldgt5
Airman

Avionics Not Functional

Post by mcdonaldgt5 »

Commanche avionics GTN750 & radio stack not functional. All other A2A models with Updated F1GTN installed are ok. (Bonanza, T6, L-049) Tried re install procedure & configuratpe. By loading commanche on to working A2A model T6 I can get Comanche working temporary. Puzzeled.

mcdonaldgt5
Airman

Re: Avionics Not Functional

Post by mcdonaldgt5 »

Problem fixed my bad

mcdonaldgt5
Airman

Post by mcdonaldgt5 »

The battery discharges within minutes. Thats the problem. Fresh battery. Still discharges. Like I have a huge short.Not flyable.

mcdonaldgt5
Airman

Post by mcdonaldgt5 »

Amp meter pegged to the minus side like the generator is NF. CBs ok.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello,

Please can you let us know which host simulator you're using here, and whether you're using any other utilities such as FSUIPC?

Also, can you confirm if you've checked the overall state of the aircraft in the maintenance hangar (Shift 7)?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

mcdonaldgt5
Airman

Post by mcdonaldgt5 »

P3d4.5.13.32097 Shift 7 in use to recharge battery to confirm F1GTN working (as in other A2A models). Immediate draw down with Amp meter in full discharge. Hows that 4 realism? FSUIPC5 iinstalled.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the additional info.

Please can you check that the "extend battery life" option isn't ticked in FSUIPC as this can sometimes cause issues with the standalone simulation of the electrical system.

If this isn't the culprit, please can you double-check what the ammeter reads when all the electrical consumers including the avionics are switched off with the generator circuit breaker pulled and the battery fully charged. Assuming it reads around -1 amp, please switch on just the avionics and then recheck the ammeter.

Regards,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

mcdonaldgt5
Airman

Post by mcdonaldgt5 »

I only have unregistered FSUIPC. Trying to find the switch you mentioned I think I re-installed. Now gens are working properly and battery no longer discharges according to amp meter. I like how meter responds to turning load on and off. Thanks. Need B17 real bad.

mcdonaldgt5
Airman

Post by mcdonaldgt5 »

Complete sudden discharge again. wow

mcdonaldgt5
Airman

Post by mcdonaldgt5 »

I can maintain limited nav functionality with no GPS (radio stack), Gen breaker pulled, and NAV2 only directing Omnibearing. No NAV1 OR HSI.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

As Nick mentioned given this isn't a widespread issue reported by anyone else in the years since release, it points to an issue elsewhere.

Please can you give us as much information as possible about your setup, pc, third party add-ons and how you are loading the aircraft into the sim (make sure to not use the aircraft as default flight as that can cause corruption with complex simulations this includes our Accu-sim range of products)

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

mcdonaldgt5
Airman

Post by mcdonaldgt5 »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 16 Dec 2020, 12:25 Hello,

As Nick mentioned given this isn't a widespread issue reported by anyone else in the years since release, it points to an issue elsewhere.

Please can you give us as much information as possible about your setup, pc, third party add-ons and how you are loading the aircraft into the sim (make sure to not use the aircraft as default flight as that can cause corruption with complex simulations this includes our Accu-sim range of products)

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
Thanks Lewis, There is no way A2A support can solve this problem. Its all mine to track down by elimination. Just letting you know bc its an intersting one. When I get it solved I’ll let you know. Use your time better advantage like bringing the P3Dv4 B17 to market.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

well don't feel you have to go it alone. The reason we do all our support here on the forums is for quick transparent and easy information exchanges, Issues such as yours are normally easily solvable but we will need you to answer the questions we put to you as troubleshooting only works when you start at the beginning and move only one step at a time to make sure things are not missed.

Thanks,
Lewis - A2A

mcdonaldgt5
Airman

Post by mcdonaldgt5 »

Working ok now. Gen breaker Amp meter avionics all normal. Cleaned out a several native p3d, carenado, & QW 787. Problem is cant say which one. Probably not native p3d. As they used to tell us at Lockheed, “mission success”.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Aha good to hear, hope it stays trouble free for you

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”