Correct Install for A2A Piper Comanche

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
RoyH
Airman

Correct Install for A2A Piper Comanche

Post by RoyH »

Hi

I have Windows 10 and installed Prepare3Dv5 into the C:/ drive. (C:/Prepare3d)
I Have installed Piper Comanche as recommended into C:/Users/Roy /Documents/Prepare3Dv5Add-ons/A2A

One Folder has appeared in my One Drive - Personal - Documents - A2A the FSX Folder and alongside an FSXAccusim.dat file.

Only small files but why are they there and do I need to move them ? (A2A recommends files not installed into One Drive)
I also need to download the Bonanza again but do not want to do this until I can get the file structure correct.
Any ideas or help please.

Regards

Roy Higgins

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Correct Install for A2A Piper Comanche

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Roy,

The first time that you load the Comanche (or any other Accu-Sim aircraft) it will create a folder in the default Documents directory titled "A2A". This folder is then used to save log.dat files which stores the persistent state of the aircraft. The "Documents" file was chosen for this purpose long before it become part of OneDrive in the default Windows 10 config, but it generally shouldn't present a problem.

As you mentioned, the folder should occupy less than a MB on your system. Please don't remove or rename it, but do let us know if you have any problems loading the Comanche.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

RoyH
Airman

Post by RoyH »

Thank you Nick. All good now.

What happened is that I inadvertently clicked to back up certain files on One Drive. Problem is once you do that, One Drive becomes the default location for any downloads. To me Flight Sim and A2A is more important than One Drive and so I turned off One Drive and re-installed the Piper Comanche, which as you state, installed itself correctly into the right places for P3Dv5.

Going to re-install the Bonanza. Cannot wait for the Piper Aerostar !

Best regards

Roy Higgins

RoyH
Airman

Post by RoyH »

Thank you Nick. All good now.

What happened is that I inadvertently clicked to back up certain files on One Drive. Problem is once you do that, One Drive becomes the default location for any downloads. To me Flight Sim and A2A is more important than One Drive and so I turned off One Drive and re-installed the Piper Comanche, which as you state, installed itself correctly into the right places for P3Dv5.

Going to re-install the Bonanza. Cannot wait for the Piper Aerostar !

Best regards

Roy Higgins

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update Roy and good to hear you're sorted. Yeah, I prefer to keep my default "Documents" directory outside of the OneDrive folder too. For the record, it's still possible to run and sync OneDrive and maintain a separate "Documents" folder containing everything you want to keep backed up, but so many programs and games install stuff directly to "Documents" that I prefer not to have OneDrive constantly syncing this location.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

mallan157
Airman Basic

Post by mallan157 »

I'm having a similar issue to Roy - having changed the motherboard on my PC I'm reinstalling everything, and OneDrive took it upon itself to back up my documents folder which had the previous Comanche add-on files. I have unlinked OneDrive from my account completely, so no A2A folders are visible anywhere in File Explorer and there is of course no Comanche App listed in Apps and Features, but when I run the installer .exe it tells me there's a copy already in OneDrive which I need to uninstall.

Advice would be appreciated - OneDrive is driving me nuts!

Mark Allan

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey Mark,

have you run the uninstaller?

Can you also let us know which platform are you on?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

mallan157
Airman Basic

Post by mallan157 »

Hi Lewis

All sorted now - I think it was a case of rebooting after unlinking the PC entirely from OneDrive and deleting the OneDrive folder. I just wish OneDrive had asked before backing things up!

Regards
Mark A

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Aha smashing stuff, yes when in doubt a system restart is always a good idea. Even if something claims to be plug and play ill always tend to install, restart and then go from there.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”