Aircraft Won't Move

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
SmiffyRebel222
Airman Basic

Aircraft Won't Move

Post by SmiffyRebel222 »

I have just installed the Piper Commanche 250 into P3Dv5, After going through the startup procedure I now have the engine running, Parking brake is off however when I open the throttle the airccraft will not move also the attitude gauge is not level, I find this strange as I had the same problem on P3Dv4.5 with the Curtiss P40
Please Help
Cheers
SmiffyRebel

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Aircraft Won't Move

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi SmiffyRebel,

The first thing to check is are you using the separate P3Dv5-compatible installer for the Comanche?

If so, have you made any modifications to your start-up scenario in the sim? Generally speaking, for anyone seeing odd behaviour, reverting the sim to its default settings by deleting the Preap3D.cfg is a good starting point.

Could you also let us know if you're starting at a default airport or using add-on scenery?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

SmiffyRebel222
Airman Basic

Post by SmiffyRebel222 »

Thanks Nick for the very prompt reply
I renamed the P3Dv5 config file and P3D installed a new config file, however the aircraft would still not move, I tried positioning the aircraft on a final approach at EGLC in FS Flight Control the aircraft flew and landed OK, I then taxied to the gates, I turned of the engine and restarted it and the plane moved OK. I then shut down and restarted P3D, started the plane and it taxied OK, I then Shut down P3D again and the re- instated the original config file and started in EGLC Default Runway and the plane moved OK. What I hav'nt tried is starting in default mode and changing the plane to the Piper Commanche. So for the moment everything seems OK (I will have to try this procedure with the Curtis P40 in P3Dv4.5)
Once again thanks for your very prompt response
Cheers
SmiffyRebel

SmiffyRebel222
Airman Basic

Post by SmiffyRebel222 »

The problem has returned also the aircraft does not interface with some of the saitek / Logitek panels and now P3Dv5 keeps locking up ( my pc has a i9 cpu, nvidea GTX 1080ti GPU 64 Gbyte memory, 2 ssd's % 2 M2 drives) so its not the PC. this only started happening after I installed your Piper Commanche, I do not have any problems with my other planes from PMDG, Aeroplane Heaven, Flight Replicas, Ants Aeroplanes of Just Flight. So I would be very gratefull if you would allow me to have a refund.
Cheers
SmiffyRebel

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Smiffy,

I don't think the problem is with the Comanche, but rather in the way that it's being initialised with the sim with your particular setup. Otherwise everyone would be reporting the same issue with the products in question.

If you could let us know which add-ons you're using with the Comanche, it might help to understand what's going on with your system. You mention "FS Flight Control"; do you use this software to launch your P3D sessions, or do you start the sim in the usual way via a start menu shortcut?

As regards P3D locking up, please can you give us a bit more info on what you're seeing when this happens, along with any error messages etc? If you're using multiple Saitek and Logitech panels, it sounds like your setup is quite a complex one so the more info you can provide on your hardware, the more chance we have to help.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

SmiffyRebel222
Airman Basic

Post by SmiffyRebel222 »

OK Its quite obvious that you are trying to solve my problem which I would prefer
My Setup concerning add ons on the main PC I have the following Logitech Devices 2 x Radio Panels, 1 x Multi Panel, 1 x Switch Panel,1 x BIP Panel, 1 x Set of Rudder Panels, 3 x Throttle Quadrants, 1 x Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, 3 Leo Bodnar DIY Panels and Finally 4 x Monitors ( 3 x 24 inch & 1 x 21 inch). Software is P3Dv5, SpadNext, & Active Sky, & Chase Plane
On The Slave PC I have 2 x Leo Bodnar DIY Panels, 7 x Logitech FIP Panels (using FIPgauges.com software it is 3 of these BIP gauges that do not work), 12 x Virtual FIP Gauges ( using FIPGauges.com software) Software is SpadNext & FS Flight Control, this is displayed on 2 x 21 inch monitors
I always start P3D first, I only positioned the Commanche on final approach using FS Flight Control to see how the Commanche would respond, it flew OK, landed OK, Taxied OK and when I shut the plane down into cold & dark it restarted OK & taxied OK, I shut P3D down & resatarted it , The plane started from cold and dark & taxied OK, However when I tried again the next day after having everything shutdown over night the problem returned. Also one of the members of our flight simulation group also has problems when flying his A2A Commanche with his Logitech panels but he uses the Logitech Drivers instead of spadnext.
The only Logitech Panels that wont work for me are the 3 FIPgauges.com BIP Panels which I am not overly bothered about all the other panels including leo Bodnar panels are OK
The Problem is that the plane wont move when the throttle is opened and the Attitude Gauge is not level and not working. Which is a shame as when it does fly it is a very nice Aircraft to Fly
I prefer to fly using my desktop Cockpit Setup rather than mouse and keyboard
1 final note in P3Dv5 Options/Other Controls/Controllers/ I have enable controllers UNTICKED
once again Thanks for your response
Hope This Helps Cheers
SmiffyRebel

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the additional info - that indeed sounds like a very impressive and complex setup!

From your description, I'm not 100% sure if you're saving a new flight with the Comanche when you shut it down, but if you are loading straight into a saved flight with a complex aircraft (particularly if you make this flight the new default as some add-ons allow) it may increase the chance of problem. One basic step I'd recommend is to assign a keystroke to the P3D "reload user vehicle" action, and if you notice odd behaviour try using this option.

In terms of the behaviour you describe, when the aircraft doesn't move, does the engine seem to be producing power normally? For example, are you seeing normal RPM and MP readings when you run up the engine to check the mags and cycle the prop lever? Also, if you notice the attitude indicator isn't level, could you check the gyro suction gauge below the ADF?

In fact, if possible, could you grab a screenshot of the panel if this issue presents itself again?

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

SmiffyRebel222
Airman Basic

Post by SmiffyRebel222 »

I start the commanche from a new flight and not a saved one. I uninstalled the plane and then re-installed it, I may have found a cure for the problem need to test further, also I was flying from Cardiff UK to Newquay UKeverything was fine but when I was getting close to Newquay I right clicked on the airport on FS Flight Control to get some airport info and P3D crashed to desktop which I thought wa sweird as FS Flight Control is on the slave PC, but this may have just been a coincidence, I will let you now the results of my further tests
Cheers
SmiffyRebel

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the update and please keep us posted as to how you get on. Could you also let us know which aircraft and airport is currently loaded with your default P3D flight?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

SmiffyRebel222
Airman Basic

Post by SmiffyRebel222 »

Sorry I have not replied for a while but I have been away on holiday, However I still have the same problem the aircraft wont move as if the parking brakes are on also the attitude gauge is still locked with the horizon in a diagonal position I am now also having problems starting the engine and the only way I can get the engine to run is to use Auto Start (Ctrl + E) therefore this aircraft was a waste of money as I cannot use it
Cheers
SmiffyRebel

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

it sounds like you are not loading the aircraft correctly causing the stuck issue, the only starting with Ctrl-E means the start procedure works ok and that part I am afraid will be pilot error, probably due to flooding the engine (You can check that in the maintenance Hangar). Ctrl-E goes through the same start procedure the pilot does so its a good sign that the aircraft is technically able to start and the error is with the pilot side. Nothing wrong with that I often am in the same boat with that one.

To troubleshoot best thing is to set the sim back to as default as normal, and load ONLY P3D with the Comanche no other add-ons and loading solely from the free flight screen, not a saved flight. Also checking as Nick suggested that the default flight is a stock aircraft, its best to leave this as stock as possible or initialisation issues can occur in the sim with complex simulations due to the way FSX/P3D load the first flight.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

SmiffyRebel222
Airman Basic

Post by SmiffyRebel222 »

That still does not solve the problem why the aircraft wont move when the throttle is opened with the engine running, the only cure I have found is to uninstall and re-install the plane also I am not the only one with this problem as two members of our simulator club have the same problem and they also have to uninstall and re-instal the plane so there is obviously a problem which A"A are not aknowledging.
Cheers
SmiffyRebel

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

SmiffyRebel222 wrote: 14 Oct 2020, 10:46 That still does not solve the problem why the aircraft wont move when the throttle is opened with the engine running, the only cure I have found is to uninstall and re-install the plane also I am not the only one with this problem as two members of our simulator club have the same problem and they also have to uninstall and re-instal the plane so there is obviously a problem which A"A are not aknowledging.
Cheers
SmiffyRebel
Hhhmmmmmm...so, three guys in the world having an issue with an airplane that has been purchased and enjoyed immensely by hundreds, if not thousands of others. I'm going out on a limb here to suggest that it is very, very unlikely the issue is with A2A......

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

SmiffyRebel222 wrote: 14 Oct 2020, 10:46 That still does not solve the problem why the aircraft wont move when the throttle is opened with the engine running, the only cure I have found is to uninstall and re-install the plane also I am not the only one with this problem as two members of our simulator club have the same problem and they also have to uninstall and re-instal the plane so there is obviously a problem which A"A are not aknowledging.
Cheers
SmiffyRebel
Hello Smiffy,

as my last reply mentioned, this is a known issue with complex simulations this includes our Accu-sim range and it is exactly why I posted the first troubleshooting steps as this is very likely to be a basic flight load issue. Not moving on the ground for example is showing us that youre simconnect a core part of FSX and P3D has not loaded in correctly so your platform is not communicating with the simulation.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Yes, just to add to Lewis's reply, this is why I asked above:
Nick - A2A wrote: 07 Sep 2020, 17:27 Could you also let us know which aircraft and airport is currently loaded with your default P3D flight?
If you can let us know the answer to this, it will help understand the issue you're experiencing. As Lewis says, it's best to use a stock P3D aircraft for the default scenario.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”