Comanche external view no flap and gear movement

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Cee
Airman

Comanche external view no flap and gear movement

Post by Cee »

Hello,

I 'm testing my Comanche in P3Dv5 after the update.
In external view I don 't see flaps moving, nor gear retraction. Is it only me? From the interior everything seems allright. See the flap lever moving, gear switch, lights, hear the sounds. Airspeed etc also responses to flaps.
For the landing gear I 'm not sure..

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Comanche external view no flap and gear movement

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Cee,

Thanks for starting the new topic. Just to clarify, do you mean that the flaps visibly move as commanded if you look at them through the window in VC view, but not in the external model?

As for the gear, are you checking the that gear selector switch is moving properly through all three positions, "up", "off" and "down", and does the green "down and locked" light illuminate at all when the switch is in the down position?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Cee
Airman

Post by Cee »

Nick,
I mean that when I select 'S' on the keyboard (View next category) or whatever outside view I choose, I don 't see the flaps changing, they don 't increase or decrease. Inside the cockpit everything seem to function: when flaphandle is in 1/3, 2/3 or down, while flying, you actually see the airspeed decreasing. But in any view from the outside (or when I look from inside the VC to the outside) the flaps remain in 'up' position.

The gear switch is moving properly in all 3 positions. The green light comes on in the down position and the unsafe light comes on in the up position. But same here as for the flaps: you don 't see the gear retracting.

Cee
Airman

Post by Cee »

I just tested my emergency gear handle: the handle moves but landing gear is not responding.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the info Cee. Are you able to see similar animations working correctly in other aircraft?

Also, what method are you using to move the gear and flaps? Is it with mouse clicks on the controls in the VC, via keyboard shortcuts, or with other hardware of some sort? And do you use any software such as FSUIPC6?

Finally, have you checked the hangar (Shift 7) for any issues?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Cee
Airman

Post by Cee »

I 'm not using FSUIPC6 for my A2A aircraft. I 'm also owning the C172 and the Bonanza: no issues. Just checked the hangar, no issues.
Also my other third party aircraft work fine. It 's only my Comanche with this issue..

I use Saitek X52pro. Made some button bindings just for the flaps (keyboard F6 and F7). When I use the mouse, the keyboard or the buttons: the gear switch in the cockpit works fine, including sound etc, but the landing gear does not retract. Same for the flaps.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hmm - definitely not able to reproduce this issue Cee. Could you let us know any other add-ons which are running?

Could you also try backing up and then deleting the contents of the "Documents\A2A\FSX\Comanche250" and "Documents\A2A\P3D\Comanche250" folders?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Cee
Airman

Post by Cee »

Besides ORBX I 'm not running any add ons. I deleted the mentioned folders. No result.

Thanks very much for your advice so far Nick. I 'm not going to bother you any further with this issue. First I 'm gonna check everything again, check my config, re-install etc etc before returning to the forum. Must be something wrong..

I ll let you know when it s solved

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, sure thing. Yes, please let us know if you identify the issue.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Cee
Airman

Post by Cee »

Hello,

Just to let you know:
Uninstalled P3Dv5, after this I did a clean installation of P3Dv5. Installed the latest A2A C172, Comanche & Bonanza: flaps don 't come down. No other addons or programs running.
Other addon aircraft (Justflight C152, Carenado Saab 340, PMDG 747) working fine.

Have a nice day

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Cee,

Do all the other animations work as expected in these aircraft? For example, do the control surfaces such as ailerons, elevator and rudder respond as expected, and can you see animated people in the cockpit in external view when you select them with the Shift 4 menu?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Cee
Airman

Post by Cee »

Hello Nick
Yes , all control surfaces responding ok and animated people are visible in external view.

Cee
Airman

Post by Cee »

No problems with the shift menu’s or any animation.

Cee
Airman

Post by Cee »

To clarify:

Comanche: flaps and gear not responding
Bonanza: flaps not responding, gear responding!
C172 : flaps not responding

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the added info. In the Bonanza and C172, does the flap position indicator on the panel move? I don't mean the flap selector lever itself but the gauge in the case of the Bonanza, or the little white index mark in the Cessna.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”