Invisible Cockpit

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
firebird313
Airman Basic

Invisible Cockpit

Post by firebird313 »

I seem to have encountered a new issue with my Comanche. The thing is, the cockpit is invisible. The exterior of the aircraft looks fine, and there are no visible issues with the preview of the aircraft in the welcome screen. It was working fine just yesterday, and I completed an hour long flight between my home airport and the airport I usually go to for fuel. I recently got a new computer, and I am forced to use DX10 Preview (I have installed a patch fixing some of the problems) because FSX:SE DX9 mode is too unstable under my new system. I have tried using DX9 mode, but FSX goes into a meltdown if I do; it is only stable under DX10 preview.

I have tried reinstalling the Comanche, isolating its Documents/A2A folder to force a new one, and reloading it from the Friday Harbor default flight. Nothing worked on my end. My new system uses a Ryzen 7 3800X and a Radeon RX 5700. My old system was a laptop with an i7-6600U with a Nvidia Quadro M500M.

Below is a link to a screen shot of what I am encountering posted on Imgur. The rendering problem only affects the Comanche.
https://imgur.com/a/6gZNaRo

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Invisible Cockpit

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello firebird313 and welcome.

I suspect the issue is related to using the DX10 preview which is not a fully implemented feature in FSX and can only really be used successfully with the aid of something like the DX10 scenery fixer add-on.

One thing you can try is flushing your shader cache for FSX. To do this, simply delete the following folders and they'll be rebuilt next time you launch FSX.

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX\Shaders10
C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX\Shaders

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

firebird313
Airman Basic

Post by firebird313 »

I deleted my shaders folders, and it seems to be working again. Thanks for the help.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome - thanks for the update.

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”