New Comanche 250 owener, strange issue with landing gear.

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
JBBlack
Airman Basic

New Comanche 250 owener, strange issue with landing gear.

Post by JBBlack »

hey guys,

I bought the 250 back in Sept and it's slowly becoming one of my favorites, one issue that I am having though is when I press the button I have mapped on my throttle for my landing gear, it makes the sound of raising or lowering the gear but the gear doesn't move.
Sometimes I have to press the gear button 2-4 times to get the gear to raise or lower, and I have to view outside the aircraft to make sure it's down or up.

My default flight when P3Dv4.5 loads is a Carenado Baron 58, so it's not as high tech a model, but that shouldn't make a difference with landing gear going up or down should it?

I checked in the P3D control settings and everything looks right there, I make sure I am under 150mph, I can't figure this one out.

any ideas on anything I could try?

thanks
Rob
EVGA Z390 Dark ; i9 9900k ; 32gig Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 ; EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra ; Creative Zx 5.1 Surround ; Windows 10 Pro M.2 Samsung EVO 970 1TB

JBBlack
Airman Basic

Re: New Comanche 250 owener, strange issue with landing gear.

Post by JBBlack »

I think I may have found the solution to this one, I watched the switch as I pressed the button on my controller and it goes down (or up) and then pops back up (or down) to the middle, as I just have the button assigned to the Raise/Lower Gear control.

So I am just using the VC switch (working it with my mouse) to raise and lower the gear instead of the controller, and that works.
EVGA Z390 Dark ; i9 9900k ; 32gig Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 ; EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra ; Creative Zx 5.1 Surround ; Windows 10 Pro M.2 Samsung EVO 970 1TB

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Rob,

The Comanche has a three position landing gear selector so when you press 'G' (or a hardware button equivalent) in P3D, the gear selector will cycle through 'up', 'off', 'down', 'off', 'up', 'off' etc. Is this what you're seeing?

You can still use your controller button, but you just need to bear in mind that the response is different to that in other aircraft with a two position selector.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

JBBlack
Airman Basic

Post by JBBlack »

Yep, that's exactly what I'm seeing.

I'll see if I can figure out the sequence while I'm flying, so far working it with my mouse is getting easier each time, I just have to remember to do it a bit early.

thanks man

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome. If it's any help, you can also use shortcuts in the Comanche Input Configurator (available from the Windows Start Menu) to assign hardware functions directly to 'gear up', 'gear down' and 'gear neutral'.

Third-party software like FSUIPC also allows more advanced handling of simulator commands than those available in P3D. For example, I use it to set "page up" on my keyboard to gear up, and "page down" to lower the gear.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

cesdash8
Airman Basic

Post by cesdash8 »

strange gear behavior - used configurator for gear up/down; switch moves but gear does not retract green light stays on "locked"; have tried deleting 'g' and re-assigning along with modifying the A2A config to no avail; tried FSUIPC as well;re-loaded LM client,P3D and aircraft as well - no go; the bonanza works OK; issue was with the last comanche and latest update;

Very frustrated with P3D - e.g. when changing controls, the settings don't refresh properly for each control; have had to reset control settings all too often; joystick switch will suddenly start changing view even though it was assigned for OBS HSI in FSUIPC for example. Checked for duplicate key assignments in main P3D controls, etc. What a waste of time looking for possinble duplicate assignments....

A better interface would for example. provide a clear warning message when there are two duplicate key assignments for the same control ('landing gear' for example) caused by the user or by a default setting.

A2A is the ONLY reason why I use P3D. The P3D general interface is quite literally 'all over the place' in a disorganized bundle of folders scattered all over. A2A should consider developing for X Plane and MS. I'm not a 'newbie' to flight simming - been doing this since the first MSFS

I do not intend to spend any more money on A2A let alone P3D or any other aircraft unless and until Lockheed Martin spends some time coding a better interface to utilize the wonderful A2A aircraft.

Sorry for the negativity, but LM has to get their act together

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello cesdash8 and welcome to the A2A forums.

Sorry - not much we can do about Lockheed Martin's UI design for P3D.

However, for the landing gear issue you describe in the Comanche, have you checked the circuit breaker for the gear motor? It's located on underside of the instrument panel at far left.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

cesdash8
Airman Basic

Post by cesdash8 »

Nick

Thank you for the reply. That worked - thanks for the tip. I'll check those breakers more often

TBryson2
Staff Sergeant

Post by TBryson2 »

I saw this same symptom when someone had the gear “strapped” to two different controller inputs.

TB2
TB2
Ocala Flight Sim Club
United States Marine Corps

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”