black display + stuck on ground

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
FredF
Airman

Re: black display + stuck on ground

Post by FredF »

I thought it was linked to Orbx too. So to check, I disabled the orbx airports in the addon menu of P3D and loaded L35 (the default L35 without orbx scenery). And the result is the same unfortunately. It looks like the brakes are stuck on the comanche but I don't know what is causing that ( I checked the parking brake...)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Fred,

I've not installed Orbx Central yet, but I don't think the effect of Orbx scenery on the sim can necessarily be disabled just via its entry in the add-ons menu. Does it still install or modify any components within the P3D directory?

Also, please can you confirm that you completely disabled SODE for testing purposes too?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

FredF
Airman

Post by FredF »

You are right, I couldn't disable all orbx scenery, only the airport. So it still could be the orbx california region that is causing problems but I have seen no similar issues reported in the orbx forum. Moreover, my orbx library is installed outside the main p3d folder
I confirm that SODE is disabled

FredF
Airman

Post by FredF »

I still want to investigate simconnect further. Can you give me the procedure to reinstall it in p3d? Thanks

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

To reinstall the legacy SimConnect Fred, run the "SimConnect.msi" file in the following location.

C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib

Something else you could try if you don't already, is launching P3D itself with admin privileges by right clicking the icon and selecting "run as administrator".

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

FredF
Airman

Post by FredF »

I tried to reinstall simconnect and run P3D with admin right but the issue is still there :cry:

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Fred,

At this stage, the only thing I can think of is to completely remove all Orbx software from P3D and see if this resolves the issue.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”