Commanche 250 cant turn on the radios

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
dekoza
Airman Basic

Commanche 250 cant turn on the radios

Post by dekoza »

Hello everyone,

Suddenly this morning i was about to start my flight and i noticed after i went through the checklist that radios are dead. Have all switches on. Master switch (bettery) on, Avionics Master on, the breakers are in. tried even to pull them back and place them in again.
the funny thing is that GNS 400 is on.

Any help?

Thanks.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Commanche 250 cant turn on the radios

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi dekoza - welcome to the forums.

Have you tried power-cycling the on/off switches on the radio units themselves? Alternatively, what happens if you click the "AUTO-START" option in the Shift 3 menu?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

dekoza
Airman Basic

Post by dekoza »

Nick - A2A wrote: 10 Aug 2019, 07:56 Hi dezoka - welcome to the forums.

Have you tried power-cycling the on/off switches on the radio units themselves? Alternatively, what happens if you click the "AUTO-START" option in the Shift 3 menu?

Thanks,
Nick
Hello thanks,

Yes i tried to power cycle the switches - nothing happens. when im auto start the plane only the GNS 400 turns on. the radios are off both the COMMS and ADF.

is it possible to be a battery issue or a generator i would say? my ammeter says 1 amps right now im doing a runnup with avionics on and engine running at 2000rpms.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello,

It's always worth checking the maintenance hangar for any issues, but I'm more inclined there's an issue with loading some of the software components.

Please can you let us know which host sim you're using, whether you've made any changes to the installation recently, and if you have any other add-on utilities running?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

dekoza
Airman Basic

Post by dekoza »

Nick - A2A wrote: 10 Aug 2019, 08:14 Hello,

It's always worth checking the maintenance hangar for any issues, but I'm more inclined there's an issue with loading some of the software components.

Please can you let us know which host sim you're using, whether you've made any changes to the installation recently, and if you have any other add-on utilities running?

Thanks,
Nick
to answer the first one. i checked the hangar yes ofc. nothing seems to be broken or red - that needs replacing.
now for the second one, im using prepar3d v4 and the recent changes that i made is that i downloaded and set up the FSEconomy with FSUIPC client.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the info.

I believe FSEconomy has the ability to 'fail' radios, so it might be worth checking the P3D failures menu, or loading the Comanche without FSEconomy.

Also, if FSEconomy is being used to launch the flight, I believe this can also potentially cause some issues.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

dekoza
Airman Basic

Post by dekoza »

Nick - A2A wrote: 10 Aug 2019, 08:22 Okay, thanks for the info.

I believe FSEconomy has the ability to 'fail' radios, so it might be worth checking the P3D failures menu, or loading the Comanche without FSEconomy.

Also, if FSEconomy is being used to launch the flight, I believe this can also potentially cause some issues.

Thanks,
Nick
The funny thing is that i never flew with FSeconomy yet since i couldn find a commanche 250 A2A nearby my airport so i canceled the flight and continue without FSeconomy.

i do not know how to go through the failures menu so i guess i have to search for it and also in havent started FSeconomy right now. is it somehow open? how can i disable it or even uninstall it?

Thank you for the info.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Afraid I'm not too familiar with FSEconomy as I've never owned or used it, but a few customers have reported radio issue related to FSEconomy. The P3D "Failures" menu is under the "Vehicle" menu anyway.

However, if you're not currently using FSEconomy, then the issue may lie with a saved flight being loaded incorrectly. When you launch P3D, what aircraft is first loaded in your default scenario?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

dekoza
Airman Basic

Post by dekoza »

Nick - A2A wrote: 10 Aug 2019, 08:40 Afraid I'm not too familiar with FSEconomy as I've never owned or used it, but a few customers have reported radio issue related to FSEconomy. The P3D "Failures" menu is under the "Vehicle" menu anyway.

However, if you're not currently using FSEconomy, then the issue may lie with a saved flight being loaded incorrectly. When you launch P3D, what aircraft is first loaded in your default scenario?

Thanks,
Nick
Ohhh that was it! Thank you so much Nick!! i really appreciate it. i had the default scenario to start with my comanche but perhaps it was saved with the info from FSEconomy.

now i create a new scenario and all radios working perfectly.

Thank you so much! :)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome dekoza - good to hear you're back in business. :)

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”