Reality GTN 750

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
jgyo
Airman Basic

Reality GTN 750

Post by jgyo »

Is it possible to integrate the Reality GTN 750 into the A2A Comanche 250? I tried selecting the Flight1 750 with the Aircraft Configurator, but that didn't work for me. That just put in a nonfunctional unit in the radio stack.

What's the best way to go about it, if this is possible?

Gil

LouP
Senior Airman

Re: Reality GTN 750

Post by LouP »

OK, you're part way there. Now use the RXP tool in your menu bar to replace the F1 GTN with the RXP GTN. :-)

LouP

PJ Maddela
Airman Basic

Post by PJ Maddela »

Have you got this to work? Where is RXP tool? screen shot if possible please

scottb613
Technical Sergeant

Post by scottb613 »

PJ Maddela wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 16:28 Have you got this to work? Where is RXP tool? screen shot if possible please
Hi...

Yeah - I use RXP in my Cherokee (GNS430), Skylane (GNS430/530), Comanche (GTN650), and Bonanza (GTN750)...

You need to run the configuration tool as Lou mentioned - you need the aircraft loaded in the sim with the non working F1 GPS setup via the A2A Tool - as the RXP config tool is live in real time... You start the RXP Config Tool in the menu bar on top of the P3D screen under “addons” when looking at the aircraft with the sim running - it’s pretty slick - post in Jean-Luc’s RXP on AvSim if you have trouble... It simply goes out and swaps the F1 gauge identifier for the RXP gauge - sizing it the same so you don't have to play around with size and position - it also manages your 2D popup for the gauge as well... I figured it out the first time without diving into the docs - but they are included with all RXP products - you want the “no-bezel” option selected when you see it...

Regards,
Scott

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

Thanks for the assist Scott, just revisited this thread. Your instructions are right on.

LouP

scottb613
Technical Sergeant

Post by scottb613 »

LouP wrote: 13 Aug 2019, 19:16 Thanks for the assist Scott, just revisited this thread. Your instructions are right on.

LouP
Hi Lou,

Thanks... The RXP products are superior to F1 - I have both but only use RXP...

RXP has a remote annunciator gauge included that would be neet to see installed in aircraft - as I believe some of our A2A birds may not be "legal" without them...

Have a good day...

Regards,
Scott

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Post by bobsk8 »

scottb613 wrote: 14 Aug 2019, 05:53
LouP wrote: 13 Aug 2019, 19:16 Thanks for the assist Scott, just revisited this thread. Your instructions are right on.

LouP
Hi Lou,

Thanks... The RXP products are superior to F1 - I have both but only use RXP...

RXP has a remote annunciator gauge included that would be neet to see installed in aircraft - as I believe some of our A2A birds may not be "legal" without them...

Have a good day...

Regards,
Scott
How is RXP better than GTN??
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

scottb613
Technical Sergeant

Post by scottb613 »

bobsk8 wrote: 14 Aug 2019, 06:56 How is RXP better than GTN??
Hi Bob,

I believe the databases are much more current on both the RXP GNS and GTN - so for me that means less MIA waypoints - last I checked - RXP supports "crossfill" and F1 did not - RXP has the slickest real time install/management tool - the RXP products are continually updated and the updates are painless - and Jean-Luc's customer service is second to none... Jim (F1 owner ?) - over on the F1 forum can be a real butt as well - and I'm very easy to get along with...

Regards,
Scott

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

Plus more than a few times I have come across features on my rxp unit when flying online with a buddy that he doesn't have available on his F1 GTN.

LouP

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”