GTN 750/ AutoPilot Issue on Comanche 250

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Zentiger
Airman

Post by Zentiger »

I seem to have successfully installed the GTN 750 on the Comanche with help from F1. It looks and works great!

When I looked more closely at my Instrument Panel- I no longer see an AutoPilot gauge. Am I missing something?

scottb613
Technical Sergeant

Post by scottb613 »

Zentiger wrote:I seem to have successfully installed the GTN 750 on the Comanche with help from F1. It looks and works great!

When I looked more closely at my Instrument Panel- I no longer see an AutoPilot gauge. Am I missing something?
Hi...

The autopilot is part of the turn coordinator - an STEC-30 - is THAT what is missing ? If unfamiliar - it might pay to read up on it - as it’s not your standard autopilot you may be familiar with in FS...

Looks like this:

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Zentiger
Airman

Re: GTN 750/ AutoPilot Issue on Comanche 250

Post by Zentiger »

Thank you! I will look it up.

Is there an add on- to change this gauge to a more "modern" version?

guillaume78150
Staff Sergeant

Re: GTN 750/ AutoPilot Issue on Comanche 250

Post by guillaume78150 »

No, but a more "modern" one won't add much compared to the STEC. The STEC can't intercept a glideslope nor reaching a preset altitude, but they are the only limitations to my knowledge. As for the glideslope limitation, it's an excellent training to master the A/C trim and power once on the localizer.
And the STEC works perfectly well with the GTN750. IMO, a very capable AP.

scottb613
Technical Sergeant

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Folks,

The other thing it won’t do is follow the turns in a GPS path or enter a VOR radial automatically - like when flying an instrument approach - you have to switch back to heading mode to compete turns - then switch back to NAV once stable on the new leg... In the RW - there is a $3000.00 GPSS steering module that can be added that will allow the STEC-30 fly all the turns automatically but that’s not modeled...

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”