GTN 750/650

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Zentiger
Airman

GTN 750/650

Post by Zentiger »

I am having no success loading this into my P3Dv4. I have tried what I know- which is... little

Here is what I have tried thus far...

A) I have a 2017 R7 Alienware with the latest video card and plenty of RAM. I also have 2 drives. An SSD which I use for operating programs like Windows- and a much larger HDD drive where I keep most my data files and flight sim programs like P3D as well.
B) The aircraft I have been trying to start using the GTN with- is an A2A Comanche which I just purchased.
C) I downloaded the GTN program and put in on the D drive- where P3D and A2A is installed. Seems Ok. At least the GTN screen shows up on the aircraft panel. It will not light up or start.
D) The next installation step for the GTN - for the data and Trainer installation- I left on the C drive- as when I put this in on the D drive the program installation could not fine the pathway. ( I deleted it and reinstalled it on the C drive.)
E) When I open the Trainer activation icons in the file (IN C) - the GTN trainer screen activates- so there is some connection.
F) I cannot get any activation on the aircraft. Obviously I am doing something stupid- and don't know enough about installing software to know what.

Would appreciate some assistance. I am not particularity experienced with programs and installations. I probably should have just kept it simple and followed roads and train tracks.. but I thought maybe I could do better. :?

THANK YOU for any assistance.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: GTN 750/650

Post by Oracle427 »

You may wish to post this in a forum for the aircraft you own such as the Comanche tech support forum. This may go unnoticed here.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Sparky69
Airman

Post by Sparky69 »

Hi Zentiger,

Hopefully I can help out on this one. What I've found that works to integrate a third party GPS unit, A2A has made it quite simple. All you need to do is open the aircraft configurator under the start menu (Windows). Simply select which version you are using (Flight1 / RealityXP) and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps!

Cheers

Zentiger
Airman

Post by Zentiger »

Oracle427 wrote:You may wish to post this in a forum for the aircraft you own such as the Comanche tech support forum. This may go unnoticed here.

Thank you. I will do it.

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”