GPS Inop Label on Comanche Inst Panel

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
MACHAVIA
Airman First Class

GPS Inop Label on Comanche Inst Panel

Post by MACHAVIA »

Hello Nick or any one,

Can any one advise why the NAV /GPS switch adjacent to the radio stack (left upper) actually to the left of my configured F1 GNS 750 is Inoperative with a label on the switch position for GPS?

How do I remedy this -is it possible to use this function with the GNS on this A/C??

Thanks
Charlie
Best Regards
Charlie McEwan
P3Dv4.5 / Win 10 64 BIT Intel (R) Core TMi7-8700K [email protected] nvidia geforce GTX1070Ti RAM16GB

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Re: GPS Inop Label on Comanche Inst Panel

Post by bobsk8 »

MACHAVIA wrote:Hello Nick or any one,

Can any one advise why the NAV /GPS switch adjacent to the radio stack (left upper) actually to the left of my configured F1 GNS 750 is Inoperative with a label on the switch position for GPS?

How do I remedy this -is it possible to use this function with the GNS on this A/C??

Thanks
Charlie
First of all, are you sure you have a GNS 750 and not a GTN 750? If it is the GTN, then the switching is done on the GTN control.
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

bobsk8 wrote:First of all, are you sure you have a GNS 750 and not a GTN 750? If it is the GTN, then the switching is done on the GTN control.
That would be a typo, for there is no such thing. :)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Charlie,

Yeah, in both the Garmin GTN and GNS units the NAV/COM switch on the panel is labelled "inop" because switching NAV source is done using the GPS itself as Bob says.

For the GTN 750 or 650 tap on the "CDI" icon which should be visible at the bottom centre of screen in relevant modes. If using either of the GNS units, press the "CDI" button at bottom left instead.

Cheers,
Nick

lazyeight
Airman

Post by lazyeight »

Nick,
I hope you will allow me to break into this link. I had posted above about problems with the air speed indicator and included a comment about my Flight 1 GTN 750 in the Comanche. Any help you can offer on the GTN 750 will be appreciated. Mine is installed and shows inop also. The screen shows but is blank and there is no way to turn it on. I have had it working in P3Dv3 but never in P3Dv4.1. You can respond to me in my link about the airspeed indicator if you want to.

Thanks,
Lazyeight

lazyeight
Airman

Post by lazyeight »

Happy to report it is now all fixed. A2A Comanche now flying like it is supposed to with GTN 750 installed and working. Happy camper!!

Lazyeight

MACHAVIA
Airman First Class

Post by MACHAVIA »

OK , Many Thanks all

Charlie
Best Regards
Charlie McEwan
P3Dv4.5 / Win 10 64 BIT Intel (R) Core TMi7-8700K [email protected] nvidia geforce GTX1070Ti RAM16GB

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”