Fuel valves with Spad.neXt

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Puk
Senior Airman

Fuel valves with Spad.neXt

Post by Puk »

I wonder if there's somebody who already has managed to assign the fuel valves settings of the Comanche to Saitek TPM or VrInsight Multi Panel buttons/switches via SPAD. Since there's no manual of SPAD.neXt available, I have to sort that out myself. That did work for a lot of the other switches, but it seems I can't get these valves operational on my additional hardware.

Thx

Puk
ImageImage

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Fuel valves with Spad.neXt

Post by Nick - A2A »

Puk - it might be worth pointing out that there's a typo with the published L:Vars for the Comanche fuel selectors, as discussed here.

There's also a bit more info in this topic which may be helpful.

Cheers,
Nick

Puk
Senior Airman

Post by Puk »

Thanks Nick, that was very helpful. I was fiddling around too with the LVars described in the published LVar-list( "L:FSelComancheLeft,percent"). That certainly didn't work; hopefully, I'll have some spare time tomorrow, "L:FSelComancheLeftState" will do the trick.

Puk

p.s. was curious enough to do it right now and it worked flawlessly. Great, thx again Nick.
ImageImage

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

Puk, I see you found the correct L:Vars. Posted the info below before I re-read your post :)

I use these two L:Vars for controlling the left and right fuel tank selection:

L:FSelComancheLeftState=SET
L:FSelComancheRightState=SET

Each L:Var takes a parameter of 0, 1 or 2 and sets the fuel selector for that side.

0=cutoff
1=tip tank
2=main

I just use three switches on my Saitek Pro throttle quads to do the selection.

Paul

Puk
Senior Airman

Post by Puk »

Thanks anyway, Paul. Glad to notice one's problems can be solved in a very short time.

B.t.w. I used just 2 switches for the fuel valves. If you're a Spad user, look in the aircraft profiles for A2A Piper Comanche_PUK. The switches are part of the Multi Panel.

Puk
ImageImage

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

I don't use SPAD Puk. I set everything up with FSUIPC4 using 'conditional' assignments so that I can have multiple operations assigned to each switch. Rather like an 'unlimited' number of 'modes'.

It requires editing the INI file by hand but of the 12 switches on my dual throttle quads, I use 10
of them 'over and over' if you will. The othet 2 switches are assigned as my 'mode up and mode down'
controls.

For aircraft like the A2A B-17G and the L-049 I have 7 or 8 modes, thus 70 or 80 functions that
are controlled by just the 10 switches.

I make use of Lua scripts to display the functions assigned to each switch in a mode when I select
the mode or hit F10. That way I don't need a 'cheat sheet' to remind me of the current control functions.

I can 'simulate' levers by activating a Lua script to increment or decrement the data and send it on
to L:Var associated with the lever.

I often set up switches to send multiple actions to FSX with a single press of the switch. For instance,
in the B-17G when I press an engine 'start' switch, it activates the inertia started, sets the primer control
to that engine and also selects the correct fire extinguisher.

And you are correct in that the A2A forums are a great resource and a great place to get solutions to
one's problems. A wonderful, knowledgeable community.

Paul

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”