ATC 'No messages to transmit to anyone'

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Mawingo28
Airman

ATC 'No messages to transmit to anyone'

Post by Mawingo28 »

Hi, this might just be an FSX problem, but my Comanche, after about 50 hours and consistently saving and rejoining the plane where I left off, now has no ATC transmission, as per the subject. Everywhere I fly, I can't communicate, whether to default FSX airports or add-on fields. I did check all the frequencies and made sure I was on the correct radio (Com 1 / Com 2). I've tried loading default planes in situ, then reloading the last Comanche flight with no result. Should I reload the Comanche, and if I do, will it be zero-timed and lose all maintenance history?
Cheers and happy landings.

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Re: ATC 'No messages to transmit to anyone'

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hello,

Do you have the appropriate radio panel switched on and selected the correct COM channel?
By the way sometimes the saved flight files get corrupt and need to be deleted.
You do not have to worry, the Comanche has a continuous wear and tear, thanks to AccuSim. (you won't lose your plane ageing, if you delete a saved flight)

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Mawingo28
Airman

Post by Mawingo28 »

Hi Will,

Thanks for the reply. I have had this trouble before, with the A2A C182 which was the last plane I flew before switching to the Comanche. For some reason, I switched to using Com2, I think I couldn't turn off a NAV beep code. I wonder if that's somehow locked onto the next A2A plane, i.e. the Comanche, and I'm just blocked out because of the configuration?

Reckon I'll crank up the C182, switch all COM/NAV radios back to position 1, save and restart the Comanche, and cross fingers I've got ATC back - does any of this make sense to you?

Cheers,
Dave (Mawingo)

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi,

Delete any saved flights with C182, and try it.
A2A Cessna 182T, also has a continuous ageing system and does not require save after each flight to preserve it's current status.

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes default saved flight could be at play.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Mawingo28
Airman

Post by Mawingo28 »

OK, I've tried all the options, apart from deleting the flight I'm on, since I was scared of resetting the plane and losing the immersion of ageing. No result, same problem. But looking at your posts, it seems that if I start a new flight at an airfield, without loading the previous Comanche file, and choose the same livery and registration, I'll have the same plane with the correct hours on airframe and engine?

Thanks so much for the help,
Mawingo

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Mawingo28 wrote:OK, I've tried all the options, apart from deleting the flight I'm on, since I was scared of resetting the plane and losing the immersion of ageing. No result, same problem. But looking at your posts, it seems that if I start a new flight at an airfield, without loading the previous Comanche file, and choose the same livery and registration, I'll have the same plane with the correct hours on airframe and engine?

Thanks so much for the help,
Mawingo
Hi,

Yes, correct it doesn't matter which livery you choose you will have the same aircraft from your last flight (wear, tear and hours). This is for both your Comanche and Skylane. They will have the same amount of hours and wear as from the last flight you had. Give it a try. ;)
You can "Reset" the aircraft as "used" or "new" from the Shift+3 menu.

Cheerz,
Will

Mawingo28
Airman

Post by Mawingo28 »

OK, I've fixed it. I loaded a new flight with the same plane at an FSX airport using the Free Flight settings. I had been reluctant to try this, as I thought it would zero-time the plane, but as you said it would, the plane came back with the same hours and history AND ATC!!!

Thanks for helping me work it through, case closed.
Cheers,
Dave (Mawingo 28)

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Mawingo28 wrote:OK, I've fixed it. I loaded a new flight with the same plane at an FSX airport using the Free Flight settings. I had been reluctant to try this, as I thought it would zero-time the plane, but as you said it would, the plane came back with the same hours and history AND ATC!!!

Thanks for helping me work it through, case closed.
Cheers,
Dave (Mawingo 28)
Hi,

I'm glad you resolved this annoying issue. Happy flying! :wink:

Cheerz,
Will

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Its worth noting that in particular you should never use a complex simulation including one of our Accu-sim aircraft as your default flight as it can cause issues on intialisation due to the way the simulation loads up the initial flight.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”