A very windy Comanche

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
jetsmell
Airman First Class

A very windy Comanche

Post by jetsmell »

Every single flight I make in the Comanche it is very windy. I have tried FSX / Acceleration default Clear Skies, Fair weather it's still windy. I have ASN and that's off. All my other A2A Planes are ok.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: A very windy Comanche

Post by Piper_EEWL »

What do you mean by windy? Is there a lot of wind or do you have a lot of wind noise?

If it's only noise: Is the door latched properly? Not only closed with the handle but also latched on top of the door? If that latch isn't in the closed position the wind noise is loud.
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

The aircraft doesnt affect the weather at all, no way for that to happen, like impossible. But as mentioned if your hearing wind noises, it sounds like your door is not latched shut correctly?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

jetsmell
Airman First Class

Post by jetsmell »

No matter if the auto pilot is on or off I look over my shoulder at the wing and it's going up and down almost violently. When I go to outside view it's the same. Along with the visual I also hear the wind rushing. The door is closed along with all vents. I know the difference between calm and very windy and with the Comanche it's always windy.

jetsmell
Airman First Class

Post by jetsmell »

No matter if the auto pilot is on or off I look over my shoulder at the wing and it's going up and down almost violently. When I go to outside view it's the same. Along with the visual I also hear the wind rushing. The door is closed along with all vents. I know the difference between calm and very windy and with the Comanche it's always windy.

jetsmell
Airman First Class

Post by jetsmell »

I just ran a flight using ASN in Configuration mode with all wind settings at ' none' and got a very windy flight and landing. So no matter what I try the flight is windy.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

I still don't really understand what you mean by windy. Is the flight turbulent?

Is the plane fit for flight? Everything ok in the walkaround and in the maintenance hangar?
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes I'd say lets start at the begining as the aircraft has as mentioned NO impact on wind.

Are you all updated with the latest Accu-sim updater?
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 25&t=41279

Is the aircraft fit for flight?

What third party software are you running, what happens if its turned off/not loaded.

thanks,
Lewis

jetsmell
Airman First Class

Post by jetsmell »

I don't need the update according to A2A because I have FSX only. I don't do a preflight check , but I always go to the hanger and will not fly unless the plane is in great shape.
There's a lot of third party add ons, but the only one I think that can affect the flight is ASN. I also have the A2A Cherakee, 172, 180, 182 , Piper Cub and the B-17, none are affected this way.
When I say it's windy that's because the plane is performing like it's windy. The plane is going up and down and so are the wings. Also it's going side to side, if that's not windy , I don't know what is.

rhenson529
Senior Airman

Post by rhenson529 »

I would also check your fuel levels. If you have fuel in the tip tanks, it can have a turbulent effect as the gas moves around. I will sometimes remove the gas in the tip tanks for a smooth flight. Also, I would run the update. I too only have FSX but sometimes the updates can make a world of difference.
Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A2A Planes: Cub, 172, 182, Cherokee, Comanche, Bonanza,T6, 377, Spitfire, and P51
Hardware: i7 (5.0 ghz) 32 GB 3000Ghz; RTX 2080ti; 1TB PCIe M.2; 1TB PCIe M.2

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

You always need to apply the updates. If you go through the history of the updates you will find that only the latest version is related to P3D. There are numerous other updates you are missing out on.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

The updater is a single installer that will automatically check your installation and install the all previous updates as needed. Also the 10-03-15 update only says that the updater now is compatible with P3D V3 and that FSX users don't have to run it if they ran the 09-15-15 update. Have you run that update?

I would still just run the newest one to be on the safe side. It won't hurt your installation!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes I'd say lets start at the begining as the aircraft has as mentioned NO impact on wind.

Are you all updated with the latest Accu-sim updater?
viewtopic.php?f=125&t=41279

Is the aircraft fit for flight?

What third party software are you running, what happens if its turned off/not loaded.

thanks,
Lewis

jcomm
Senior Airman

Post by jcomm »

A2A aircraft are designed in a way that makes the experience of "flying" them much more true to real when it comes to being bounced around like IRL... specially is a good weather injcetion is helping ( I use ASN ).

Most default aircraft are less wobbling with the variable winds and turbulence, but that doesn't at all make them more realistic, quite the opposite IMHO...

I really appreciate this and other aspects of the Comanche modeling, icing effects being yet another extremely well implemented factor!
Use your flight simulators with a well defined purpose...

Don't expect them to be "perfect" or to fully cover all aspects of simulated flight...

Try to enjoy it instead of stressing... ( in few words - don't be like me ... )

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”